Hornibrook to transfer

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don’t want to sound too happy, Hornibrook seems like a good kid so no need to kick him around, but I’m glad we’ll be seeing someone else at QB.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
QB Alex Hornibrook announced yesterday that he is leaving Wisconsin and thus won't play his Senior season as a Badger. Sounds like he will be graduating from the Business school in May and then transfer somewhere to finish out his eligibility.

He finishes his Wisconsin career with a record of 26-6. His .813 winning percentage is the best of any quarterback in program history.

Have to wonder if he saw the writing on the wall that he may no longer be the starter. Jack Coan played pretty well when AH went down with injuries and incoming freshman Graham Mertz is being labeled as one of the best QB recruits the Badgers have ever had.

Thanks for you service Alex!

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Ooooops....guess you guys were already ahead of me with this one! Thanks for moving my post to the correct place LTF!

Personally, I wish that he was sticking around. You just never know with injuries and other factors who the starters really will be. His 3 year progress was definitely disappointing, but his leadership and skills could have been valuable.

I'm excited about Mertz and maybe the Badgers coaching staff is too and between him and Coan, Hornibrook just felt now was the time to get out.

smacker

Smacker = Smack talking Packer Fan
Reaction score
After the months and not recovering from his concussion I figured he would not be back since the end of season last fall. If he goes somewhere else and they let him play, it will surprise me personally. Maybe he will coach.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
After the months and not recovering from his concussion I figured he would not be back since the end of season last fall. If he goes somewhere else and they let him play, it will surprise me personally. Maybe he will coach.
Could be that the multiple concussions have something to do with it, but since he said that he will finish his career elsewhere, I don't think it was a matter of he couldn't finish it at Wisconsin, if his health is fine.

RicFlairoftheNFL

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't want to bag on the kid but his throwing motion reminded me at times of an unathletic left handed 8 year old girl to the point I thought he had shoulder issues!

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
I'm with Ric.

I wonder though, if he plays somewhere else perhaps they'll tweek his throwing mechanics by finding out that he's a right handed QB....

Members online

Latest posts