Hoppefully TT will follow the Texans example! Fire Rossley

Chamuko

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Texans fire offensive coordinator Palmer

NFL.com wire reports

HOUSTON (Sept. 19, 2005) -- The Houston Texans fired offensive coordinator Chris Palmer following the team's second straight embarrassing loss.

Palmer will be replaced by offensive line coach Joe Pendry, according to a source who asked not to be identified because the team had not yet made the announcement.

The Houston Chronicle first reported the firing on its Website.

Palmer, who has been the offensive coordinator since the team's inception, also called the plays.

The Texans lost to Pittsburgh 27-7 after losing to Buffalo 22-7 in the opener. Houston has averaged the fewest yards (170.5), fewest passing yards (66.5) and points (7) in the NFL through its first two games.

In Sunday's game, quarterback David Carr appeared to be confused and bewildered. He was sacked eight times -- the most since the expansion year in 2002 and one shy of the most in the team's 50-game history.

Against Buffalo, Houston allowed five sacks and had five turnovers.

Palmer joined the Texans after being fired after one season as coach of the Cleveland Browns.

Pendry was the offensive coordinator under Capers for three seasons at Carolina. He spent 1998-2000 in the same position with Buffalo.

Houston has a bye in Week 3 before traveling to Cincinnati on Oct. 2.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Re: Hoppefully TT will follow the Texans example! Fire Rossl

Can he do that? Or is that up to Sherman? I thought he said Sherman has the reigns over his coaching staff.

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I believe you're right slick, but man I want that guy gone. You know Rossely is running the show a lot more than MS lets on.

OP
OP
C

Chamuko

Cheesehead
Reaction score

So Slick if it is Shermans call, then we are stuck with that guy until hell frezzes over or until the Viqueens win a Super Bowl whatever happens first, even when we all know that the second thing is impossible....

PackerTraxx

Cheesehead
Reaction score

If Sherman was going to do what is best for the Packers and fire Rossley he would have done it a long time ago. Instead he fired Donatell. That's when I started losing faith in Sherman.

recte44

Cheesehead
Reaction score

What, if any, real qualifications did Rossley ever actually have to be an NFL Coordinator?

Ugh, I used to be a huge Sherman supporter. The way this franchise is crashing and burning lately is really making me regret that.

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Rossley directed the awesome Holy Cross offense! C'mon, that's a direct stepping stone to the pros...........

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score

recte44 said:
What, if any, real qualifications did Rossley ever actually have to be an NFL Coordinator?

Ugh, I used to be a huge Sherman supporter. The way this franchise is crashing and burning lately is really making me regret that.

Did you know that when Sherman took over as HC it was his FIRST experience as a HC.
Rossley when he took over as OC it was his FIRST experience as a OC.
Donatell when he took over as DC it was his FIRST experience as a DC.

I'm still kind of shocked by that. I'm far from a HC but with being my first go as a HC I'd want two experienced DC/OC on my staff.

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score

SlickVision said:
recte44 said:

Did you know that when Sherman took over as HC it was his FIRST experience as a HC.
Rossley when he took over as OC it was his FIRST experience as a OC.
Donatell when he took over as DC it was his FIRST experience as a DC.

I'm still kind of shocked by that. I'm far from a HC but with being my first go as a HC I'd want two experienced DC/OC on my staff.

And, so far, Ed Donatell has improved his first time success(es) with the Falcons... by going to the NFC Championship game immediately after changing Teams. Hmmmmmmmm..... I'd like to have been a fly on the Corporate wall's Lunchroom after that happened... Ya think the Office underlings were around the Cooler committing Sherman worship?

Rossley has yet to improve anything.....

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score

For the criminal offense that is imposing Tom Rossley upon this team and its fans, Mike Sherman needs to be highly scrutinized on a game-to-game basis. I think we all know who is pulling the offense's trigger, and for putting friendship before winning and the team, I would be happy to see both gone.

Like I said earlier, as a player, if my HC/OC was running a huddle up offense when we need two scores with less than 5 minutes left, I walk away with one of two impressions:

1. Utter incompetence...as Favre has made a career eating defenses up in 2-minute offense mode.

2. The coaching staff has conceded the game before the final whistle. Absolutely unforgiveable and no way to respect the man and/or his authority.

Just my take.

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score

net..

didn't you used to defend Rossley on the old "NC Forum"?

or was that RP...

-haven't heard a peep out of you about Rossley this year....maybe we can pull out some statistics?

Members online

Latest posts