HONESTLY, who would you like to see The Pack draft at #5?

skibum55

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Re: HONESTLY, who would you like to see The Pack draft at #5

NDPackerFan said:
shanks2122 said:
hawk reminds me alot of brian bosworth without the mouth, im scepticual of taking defensive players early, seems like they have a tendecy to flop big time, that in mind id like to trade down considering its a fairly deep draft

shanks...I respect your opinion but why do you see a correlation between Hawk and Bosworth? I'm curious to hear your take on this. Most say Hawk is about as "slam dunk" as it gets in becoming a quality NFL linebacker.

That is what they said about Bosworth, too!! A "slam dunk, impact player". :beersign:

shanks2122

Cheesehead
Reaction score

i have no resonable explanation on this, i just get a bad vibe about the guy, he has really good skills and he produced but so did bosworth on the other hand bosworth was a big mouth and he thought he was king of the world,

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score

They've said the same thing about a bunch of guys who flopped. Fact is, the draft is a risk at best. Hawk looks like he's going to be a helluva pro but he might not be.

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I realize many players have flopped who were high picks but it shouldn't scare a team off. Wouldn't it suck if the Packers had this philosophy, "well, everyone says he is going to be an impact player but I don't know, he was very talented at college and made play after play in his last game against a very respectable Notre Dame team but....I think he'll flop. Let's go another direction!

To me, that makes little sense. Unless there is some intangible that the guy has or lacks, I would hope the Packers wouldn't pass him by because of a "vibe". That's all I'm sayin'.....

shanks2122

Cheesehead
Reaction score

i completely understand it was just my opinion and like i said i have no good explanation thats probably why im not GM

shiftysdad

Cheesehead
Reaction score

(on the first page) TO is right about Brady Quinn... and out of that list... the only player we will be able to get will be A.J Hawk... who i would love to see on this team, if we get good O-Linemen too.

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score

shanks2122 said:
i completely understand it was just my opinion and like i said i have no good explanation thats probably why im not GM

No problem shanks, a guy really doesn't know until a few years later is any draft pick was a good one or not...it's all speculation at this point. I respect your opinion that he'll flop and you may very well be right, who knows?

chibiabos

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Have a sneaking feeling that DE, Mario Williams will be taken before GB picks. Also believe we are in more dire need of a LB then another DE., at least this high in the draft.

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score

TOPackerFan said:
He also hopefully brings Brady Quinn's sister!!!

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Agreed!

:twisted:

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score

call me gay, but she doesnt look all that hot to me.

Aceschnd

Cheesehead
Reaction score

You are gay. Just kidding, thats just a bad picture, she is a piece of ***.

Obi1

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Trade UP to get Bush.

Gado NOT the long term answer and Green is a goner.

Reaction score

I say Hawk. But Williams looks like a stud! But still I'd rather we have some other LB than only Barnett.

Obi1, I think in the right system, Gado could be the answer. If we improve the Guards a little bit, I think Gado will fit right in. That's why I rather stay away from a RB for now.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score

yeah we dont need Rb help. Gado (a young,coachable back who improved week after week) could be the answer for a while, 3-4 years, i dont see why not.

shiftysdad

Cheesehead
Reaction score

i think hawk is still the way to go on this one... maybe if favre leaves... we could also get brady quinn... i dunno, i like him and it would be a treat for his sister to have his boyfriend and crother on the same team... that way she doesn't have to wear that stupid half n' half jersey thing.

Cheezy

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I'll give out 4 names, AJ Hawk, Mario Williams or Michael Huff or Darnell Bing. Either of those 4 would be good with me. But because TT does the old "best player available" way he'll probably choose Lendale White because TT loves the guy from what i hear.

Toronto_Cheesehead

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I'd go with Hawk. I think he'll be a great player for Packers, and a guy who can step in and help this team win right away. Mario Williams wouldn't be a bad pick, but I think LB is definitely a greater need at this point.

Toronto_Cheesehead

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Cheezy said:
I'll give out 4 names, AJ Hawk, Mario Williams or Michael Huff or Darnell Bing. Either of those 4 would be good with me. But because TT does the old "best player available" way he'll probably choose Lendale White because TT loves the guy from what i hear.

Trading down to the middle of the first for a guy like Huff or Bing wouldn't be a bad idea. The team will get a safety to play alongside of Collins and we'd probably get a second in the trade as well which could be used on a LB.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts