Honest rant by the Wizard

wizard 87

Old Enough To Know Better
Reaction score
OK ..so day after day . Forum after Forum I listen to they same old "draft a pass rusher".
First this is not a 4-3 scheme...it's not. It will use some hybrid looks but look at Capers history this team is going 3-4 like it or not.
Second..ask any Packer vet who watched the 3-4 when the packers last played it and they will tell you that are biggest issue was the defensive line...are linebackers where not bad but good god with out the line up front to eat up blockers we got owned.
With that said I believe we need to address DE or NT in this draft. Whine and cry all you want..come on bash the living crap out of me. BUT if we draft a super stud rushers ala Tim Harris and get run over on defense I will raise Cain every week for sixteen weeks so help me Vince Lombardi.
Rant over .....for the love of all that is sacred TT draft Defensive and Offensive lineman in the first 2 rounds !
Commence Crucifying the Wizard.

Reaction score
i would like ti pike a big defensive end but there are no big elephant defensive ends like cullen second i dont want to pick rajj because he sounds like a trouble maker already. most of the defensive ends so far are ones that come around the corner or people who can be olb and plus we have plenty of draft picks it's not like the first pick has to be something i mean i would'nt care if we picked a cb or o line just as long as TT upgrades are team so we can win the division

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's not crucifying, it's just that I believe the OLB (DE/OLB) are better than the DT and the 3-4 DE in this draft... And it is a need... The coaches say Pickett can play NT (I don't like ANY of our DTs...), but I'm positive that other than Kampman noone can play OLB in our team, at least not in a high level... And in the 3-4 the most crucial positions are indeed the NT but the OLB too, moreso than the DE. From the DE, all you need is a guy that is heavy and can remain in his feet long enough so the OLB can make the play. Now, from the OLB you need him to be an effective pass rusher, a good coverage and also be able to finish the tackles. What I'm saying is, its easier to find a starting NT and DE in the later rounds than it is to find a starting OLB...

But hey, I wouldn't mind AT ALL Raji or a LT, or even Tyson Jackson (although 9 is too high for him). As long as it's not a receiver, a tight end, a quarterback OR A CB (!), and TT adresses the front 7 and the oline in the draft, I'm good...

OP
OP
wizard 87

wizard 87

Old Enough To Know Better
Reaction score
Aaron rodgers is god said:
i would like ti pike a big defensive end but there are no big elephant defensive ends like cullen second i dont want to pick rajj because he sounds like a trouble maker already. most of the defensive ends so far are ones that come around the corner or people who can be olb and plus we have plenty of draft picks it's not like the first pick has to be something i mean i would'nt care if we picked a cb or o line just as long as TT upgrades are team so we can win the division
Ty Jackson DE LSU is bigger and stronger then Jenkins..trade down a few spots gain picks and get a day one DE starter. As for Raji do your research he did Zero wrong the WHOLE drug thing was made up as the doctor who does the testing and the league have not contacting Raji yet.
RS if we don't get the 3-4 big D-lineman out there are you wiling to play with Harrell or a washed up DE like Kevin Carter ?
If your DLcan 't eat blockers there is no corner to go around..I was there in the eighties when this happened last time... speed rushers can be found but there is only ONE pure 5 technique 295lb DE in the draft...Ty Jackson. http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=33165&draftyear=2009&genpos=DE

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
I have a guess. Mark it down as my official guess for April 25. I think TT will take Ty Jackson. I think he'll take him at 9. He'll try to shop the pick and be unsuccessful, so he'll take the guy that he wants anyways, reach or not. It's my belief that TT wants Jackson, just call it a feeling.

I don't think there's much of a chance of a trade down, this is one of the thinnest drafts in recent memory, there isn't a whole lot of difference between the player you get at 9 and the player you get at 29, so I doubt a team would be willing to package picks just to move up to 9 unless they are just in love with Mark Sanchez.

GJ85

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would like to get some O line help early, it won't matter who are QB, WR, OR RB are if we don't have a good line

Reaction score
alright i was not aware of that info on rajj. and im pretty sure our defensive end who will be suspected to start is johnny jolly and you dont know because he may of made an alright dt but he might be better at defensive ends when he will be vsing tackles once and awhile so he might be better at that and if mike McCarthy says Pickett is a natural NT i'd believe him because he is watching the players every day and im sure he knows a lot more than us. so i doubt that we will get Rajj this year unless TT sees something with him. but i could definitely see the Ty Jackson move. Also i think Jackson is taller than Jenkins but so far from the scouting website u sent us he only did 20 reps. so right now i consider him weaker :) not like we cant work with him . Dave redding will sure make him stronger ;)

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Who's better? Raji or Orakpo? Brown or Raji? Jackson or Brown? In the end it really comes down to it. I personally think Brown and Orakpo are better than Jackson or Raji.
If Orakpo turns out to be something like Ware, and Raji something like Ngata, or Wilfork, who do you take?
I agree that without the 3 front, the 3-4 doesn't work, but Ron Brace can be a good T, Moala can be a good DE. I don't know (though I doubt it) if Harrel can't be a good DE, and Holliday and Carter can play for 1 more year. Next year we can get our DT, or a DE, but picking at 9 doesn't come very often, and a OLB is usually taken much early than a DT or a DE...

Now, if you say that Raji seems like Kevin Williams, Tommie Harris or Fat Albert, guys that can create havoc, I might reconsider. If you say Ty Jackson is something like Richard Seymour, than I might reconsider...

Reaction score
in the end all i matters is who is getting picked before us and who doesn't and if some super beast comes down to us im pretty sure TT will take him if there is no one for us he wlll either trade down and get an extra player .

Members online

Latest posts