Honest question... With our current roster, without Rodgers over/under on 5 wins in a full season

Without Rodgers Over/Under 5 wins

• Total voters

98Redbird

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was thinking about this the other day. Really, on offense we are only missing Cobb/Finley. Granted they are big time players, Cobb much more than Finley, but still. Bulaga is out, but Bahktiari is playing just as well it seems. But take away the star QB and insert Wallace or Tolzien or even Flynn...

Over/Under 5 wins?

I'm asking because I'm beginning to think that Packers fans had REALLY begun to take #12 for granted. Changed the entire dynamic of the team single handedly. It's amazing really.

That all said... I miss Rodgers :(

Sunshine885500

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I miss him also, but without a Defense playing at a higher level then even with Rodgers we don't win 5 games.

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
UNDER. Without Rodgers, the offense can't move the ball. When you can't move the ball, the defense is on the field longer. When an average defense is on the field more, the other team scores more. A+B=C

ARPackFan

Knock it off with them negative waves
Reaction score
I said over five but not by much. The defense is at best average and is one of the reasons the Packers have few fourth QTR comebacks. It doesn't matter if the offense scores because if there is any time left it's been almost a given the defense will give up a big play or two. I think this offense with Tolzien at QB could score enough points to get to six wins. My reasons -

1. Tolzien showed that he has a good arm.
2. He has 38 Wonderlic (ProFootballWeekly.com) which indicates he should be able to learn
3. Showed some improvising (the underarm throw)
4. Given a full preseason and proper coaching I think he could be a good enough system QB to be an effective backup
5. An actual running game

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
BTW - the Tick was the best cartoon since Bugs Bunny

Over 5. This was a better than average defense until the last two weeks with one of the top running games. Of course that has to do with #12 but our backups were ill-prepared. Given the current roster and more prepared QBs I think we're at least 8-8. Rodgers makes us an elite playoff team.

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
I said over 5.... We are the Green Bay Packers! I'm trying to keep the positivitaaay!:x3:

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Under...... what more proof do you need? You kill the General and troops gets lost. One man does truly make this team.

I agree! the loss of Rodgers shows me that the defense was not as good as they were thought to be, they are not good enough to win us games and the current offense is not good enough to win us games without Rodgers. So in a nutshell...we are screwed!!

packerfan4ever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think the pack can do it put Sharrod in Newhouse out if we didn't have a running back like Lacey w.rs are stepping up. Tolzine will get wins d-line needs to step up that is key for wins the team needs to be a team not half I belive they will come together.

Einstein McFly

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's hard to know if the defense is as good as it looked early or as bad as it looked lately. Mathews, Perry and Pickett are all hampered by one thing or another. If they're healthy it'll be a lot better

Regarding the offense, you really can't tell what level it's at without Rodgers until they game plan for a guy that plays deeper into the game than one series. I don't think Wallace missed a pass when he was in, and it'll be easier with Tolzien because he's three inches taller and won't need as many roll-outs. Keep in mind we did move the ball and win the time of possession, and it was particularly out of balance until that last drive they had on us. We'd win more than five. Come on now.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
It's hard to know if the defense is as good as it looked early or as bad as it looked lately. Mathews, Perry and Pickett are all hampered by one thing or another. If they're healthy it'll be a lot better

Regarding the offense, you really can't tell what level it's at without Rodgers until they game plan for a guy that plays deeper into the game than one series. I don't think Wallace missed a pass when he was in, and it'll be easier with Tolzien because he's three inches taller and won't need as many roll-outs. Keep in mind we did move the ball and win the time of possession, and it was particularly out of balance until that last drive they had on us. We'd win more than five. Come on now.

The reason wallace was 5/5 for 25 yards was 3 of 5 passes were ****/dunk short high percentage passes and the other 2, Nelson went up high on a poorly thrown ball and made a great catch to save wallaces butt, then J.Jones reached backwards and snagged a poorly under thrown pass. Wallace is a pure bum, plain and simple.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Under...... what more proof do you need? You kill the General and troops gets lost. One man does truly make this team.
I need more proof. If your statement is correct then why didn't we get blown out in 2010 or 2011 when Rodgers didn't play? The offense isn't substantially different except that we have more of a running game now. The main difference is that we don't have a backup QB experienced in this offense. So with the current roster I'm still convinced that we're a good team, but not until the backups get more familiarity with the offense and players. I need to see proof in two or three weeks that the current roster can't win. I won't judge someone's output who doesn't know the offense aside from reading the playbook

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
How long was Arod out in 2010..... game and a half......and we had a better back up then. I doubt with our current string of luck that Arod will return in 4 weeks, it will be 6 weeks+. This was a season killer. Not to mention for proof..... both our two recent losses were by two teams that were very beatable and also under the injury bug.

Ceodore

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think you put the number right where it should be. +- 5 is a tough call. I'd probably say right at 5.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score

We had the ball longer and still lost...what else is there to say??? i'm one of the biggest Packer fans you will ever meet, but sometimes you just have to take off the blinders and be realistic. The Giants have whipped us even with Rodgers..it won't be any different come Sunday. The defense is back to playing below avergae ball now just when we need them the most.

H

HardRightEdge

This team with a 3rd. tier QB is about a 5 win team. Then again, the teams with very best defenses would be hard pressed to take 8 wins with inconsistent QB play.

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
Over. 8-8. The team is better offensively than we have seen these past two weeks-- primarily because both games (except for the first series) were played with a QB that had not worked with the 1st team previously. Hard to win under these circumstances.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
If you mean this season with the M*A*S*H unit on the sideline I'd go with under. Normal season, I'd go with 8 or 9 wins. Past two weeks the QB came off the bench early. He was missing his #1 back, TE, LT, slot rec. Def is playing with dinged up OLB's, missing DE, and a nickel back that missed most of the 1st half and was just getting into playing shape. Not counting on the players dropping like flies during the game. Half those problems disappear in a normal seasons worth of injuries and these past two games look much different, even with Ponder or Wheedon back there.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
I don't know. The "team" dynamic is a hard concept to wrap one's mind around.

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
If everyone's healthy through the season (yea, right) it's a 9-7 team. Without Jermichael and Randall it's 8-8. Still think they can steal one from NY this week.

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
UNDER. Without Rodgers, the offense can't move the ball.

They moved it 404 yards against the Eagles and 313 yards against the Bears without him. That's 717 yards in the last 7.5 quarters. I'd say they're moving the ball just fine.

Members online

Latest posts