1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Holy cow you guys! Now THATS OFFENSE!

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by G0PackG0, Aug 27, 2010.

1. G0PackG0

G0PackG0 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +86
    Damn did the pack look great last night or what?! Rodgers= Amazing O-Line=Great D=Much better Wide-outs= Great and Jermichael Finley= LOOK OUT NFL! WOW just what I have been waiting to see from this Packers team! BOO_YA!:wow::yahoo:

2. LAG

LAG Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +164
    Hey, even special teams scored yesterday! Masthay can punt that pigskin so far with great hang time. I'm looking forward to the D with all the starters Sept 12th.

3. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,273
    We looked good last night but we looked great last season too. Whats going to happen when our O line starts falling apart is what I want to know.

4. NYPacker

NYPacker Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +38
    Agreed. Even though I have the utmost confidence in this offense, I'm still cautious considering that this is still the preseason. Not to be nitpicky or anything but there's one flaw in our offense that is still not fixed. It's something that Mccarthy always talks about in terms of momentum and maintaing the tempo of the game. It seems that our offense only picks up the pace when we're behind. Meaning that our offense only starts to get explosive when there's an urgency to score quickly because our defense can't bail us out. Whenever we have the lead or tie, we kind of taking it soft on the ensuing drive by playing vanilla and not getting as many first downs. Rather I'd like us to score consistenly on every possession that we get. I don't want to wait for the other team to make the first move for us to get motivated and get a TD.

5. jkrelt

jkrelt Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +13
    How about ZOMBO!?! That sack was awesome!

There was a lot to be happy about in that last game. Its only pre season, but its nice to see some guys make some plays.

Not to talk $h1t about a pretty sunset, but what happened on that 4th and inches play where Rodgers did the QB sneak? Our O-Line just got pushed backwards by the much smaller colts defensive linemen?

6. G0PackG0

G0PackG0 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +86
    I'm just saying that they have improved in every game. From the nighmare against the Clowns to now. A LOT of improvements. And the colts D Line is all pro from left to right. "small"? not.

7. packerbob

packerbob Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +10
    And last year they destroyed the Cardinals in pre season.

8. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +980
    That game really didn't count.

I'm sorry, but it was bizarro world.

There's NO WAY our ST scores even ONE touchdown in a game, less alone 2.

9. packerbob

packerbob Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +10
    Brings back memories of Dickey throwing to Lofton, Jefferson and Coffman. They sure could put up the points. Problem was no running game and the defense couldn't stop anybody. Reminds me of the present day Packers. You can only go so far with a one dimentional offense and a pathetic defense. Also the special teams aren't very special. It looks like Aaron Rodgers is going to have to perfect each game in order for them to have a chance at advancing in the playoffs. Other than the passing game they have way too many weaknesses to be considered a super bowl contender. This team is just too soft, especially in the trenches.

10. aaronqb

aaronqb Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +73
    retired

11. aaronqb

aaronqb Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +73
    retired

12. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,273
    That pathetic Defense with a defending DPOY and a handful of other pro bowls.

Way to be a hater.

13. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,273
    My guess is RS would eat that bird raw if we avg 2 ST TDs a game and put it on youtube for all to see.

14. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +980
    The most delicious dish I'll ever eat!

If we're a decent ST play, I'll eat that! That's all I'm hoping for. If our ST play actually HELPS our team instead of MF CRIPPLING IT EVERY SINGLE TIME I'll be a happy man.

15. G0PackG0

G0PackG0 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +86
    Did I mention that Blackmon was injured all season and the 2nd half of NEXT season in my madden franchise lol. Kudo's for accuracy in at least onse aspect of the game EA