Holmgren's first minicamp - April 1992

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
http://packersnews.greenbaypressgaz...0409&Kategori=PKR0804&Lopenr=204090807&Ref=PH

This was a big deal in Packerland back in 1992. Ron Wolf described Holmgren as "the girl with the curl" meaning everyone in NFL that was looking for a Head Coach was pursuing Holmgren.

Holmgren, of course, replaced Lindy Infante who quite possibly had the neatest cowboy boots in Northeastern Wisconsin.

I for one was impressed with Holmgren at his very first press conference. I could just tell that things were about to change in Green Bay. Truthfully, I felt that for the first time when Harlan introduced Wolf ... but Holmgren solidified it.

D

Dan115

http://packersnews.greenbaypressgaz...0409&Kategori=PKR0804&Lopenr=204090807&Ref=PH

This was a big deal in Packerland back in 1992. Ron Wolf described Holmgren as "the girl with the curl" meaning everyone in NFL that was looking for a Head Coach was pursuing Holmgren.

Holmgren, of course, replaced Lindy Infante who quite possibly had the neatest cowboy boots in Northeastern Wisconsin.

I for one was impressed with Holmgren at his very first press conference. I could just tell that things were about to change in Green Bay. Truthfully, I felt that for the first time when Harlan introduced Wolf ... but Holmgren solidified it.[/quo

Truthfully I did not feel anything. I was ready for change and just wanted a winner.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
As I've posted before I was very excited late in 1991 with the hiring of Ron Wolf because it meant FINALLY one "football man" was completely in charge of football operations. At least that's what I thought at the time - that the executive committee would pretty much leave Wolf alone (as far as I know they did). Then Wolf's reputation, experience and intelligence immediately paid off as the "girl with the curl" was not only wooed by, but picked Green Bay! Up to that point, the last time the most highly recruited HC candidate picked the Packers of several options was … never.

Members online

Latest posts