1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Holiday IR, Francies called up

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Bertram, Sep 15, 2007.

1. Bertram

Bertram Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    Packers place Holiday on IR, sign Francies

Press-Gazette

The Green Bay Packers signed wide receiver Chris Francies from their practice squad and placed Carlyle Holiday on injured reserve today, general manager Ted Thompson announced.

2. IronMan

IronMan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +8
    They are dropping like flies. Wow.

3. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    I was looking forward to seeing what Holiday had this year too. Dang.

Coulda been a lot worse.

4. PackinSteel

PackinSteel Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Crap! What was the injury?

5. PackerLegend

PackerLegend Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I didnt think Holiday got hurt that bad? I was really hoping to see him play, Francies doesnt excite me much but ill give him a fair chance because I really havent seen him ever do anything. Koren Robinson will be back sometime soon tho.

6. millertime

millertime Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Hmmm, seems like Holiday was just slipped on IR so we could keep him in GB. After a great start, Holiday tailed off in the preseason. I'm pissed we didn't get to see what he had. He was also our emergency QB...

Let's go Francies.

7. Zombieslayer

Zombieslayer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Urgh! I liked seeing Holiday develop. That's frustrating.
    We don't need any more injuries to our WRs. I'm really hoping we get Koren back soon.

8. all about da packers

all about da packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Bummer, Holiday showed potential, and he was developing nicely.

I'm surprised that Francies got the call over Clowney. Francies missed a part of TC with a thumb injury, and I read on PackersNews that Francies is still wearing a small cast over that thumb because the injury hasn't healed.

It must say something bad about Clowney if they decided to go with an injured WR over him. :-?

9. Zombieslayer

Zombieslayer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah, this is pretty disappointing, because I loved Clowney's speed, and it's a shame that he doesn't impress the coaches enough that we're taking Francies over Clowney.

10. porky88

porky88 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Holiday in the pre season is great. Holiday in the regular season is not that huge of a loss. It hurts his chances at making the roster next year though. A proven player is far more likely to get the benefit of the doubt than an undrafted free agent off the street.

11. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8
    I wonder since he was considered our emergency QB if we pull someone up for 3rd string now.

12. Zombieslayer

Zombieslayer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I hope not. I'd rather have another TE, RB, or WR.

13. Chamuko

Chamuko Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Well here goes Holiday a hard worker guy who gave all his effort.

We are thin at WR, but no,,, no,, we dont need Moss, not at all, but if we tell the truth, wouldnt it fell much better if Teddy hasn´t got that cheap and we had Randy on our WR corps, isn´t it?

Wouldnt it have been wiser to bit the bullet and send Fat Boy Harrel to IR? Maybe Glass Maiden Mo? Harrell wont start any games this season for us and we are loaded at DT, maybe he wont even become a starter next year due to the bunch of better players that we have now, and maybe Mo will only start one or two games this season, he has been injured for 6 weeks now he is as hard as chinaware.

Anyway we have a good defense but we cant score, no real ofensive weapons at all.

Poor Brett, Teddy sent him to fight a war and gave him a stick and a rock as weapons when the other guys have machine guns and tanks..

I said it before the season started and I stay by my words, Moss will have more yards and TD`s that all of our WR´s, excluding Driver, together and Ahman will get more yards that BJ, Mo, Pope and Herron, it seems that I am getting closer on the last one since Pope and Herron are out for the season and Mo doesnt look any better.

14. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    [​IMG]

15. Fuzznuts

Fuzznuts Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    Jesus Christ.

Here we go again! :doh:

It looks like it's Driver and Nobody again this year.

Get ready for it.

The return of Taco Wallace and a band of rotating street free agents. I mean, guys literally signed off the streets of GB to play at WR. :puke:

16. millertime

millertime Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Those are some weak *** predictions.

blah.

Go piss in someone else's water.

17. Greg C.

Greg C. Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Wow, what a drag. This is like the Noah Herron injury. We're told it's minor, and then all of a sudden they put him on IR. This won't have a big impact on the offense, but it will hurt the special teams.

18. millertime

millertime Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    :agree:

Definitley hurts the depth at WR and QB.