1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Holding Doors

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by Timmons, May 30, 2006.

1. Timmons

Timmons Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    Let me know if you've noticed the same phenomenon:

Pay attention the next time that you hold a door open for both members of the opposite sex. The women will walk through thankfully with narry an urge to touch the door, and probably offer some type of thank you (even if it's just a pinky wave from her cell phone hand). While men will walk through but they'll have to touch the door.

I can't explain it, but I see it ALL the time. Why does the guy have to touch the door? Does he not trust me? Does he need to know that the door is real? It even happens at automatic doors.

2. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    I always hold the door whether it's a woman or man, if they are close to it when i walk through. I have had men say thank you too......but i never noticed if they touched the door or not. I'll have to pay attention now!

3. DePack

DePack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1

Yes I have noticed it. I have also noticed another phenomena.....as they pass I usually pat them on the a$$. The women all slap me in the face with an open fist. All of the men, without exception, punch me in the mouth with a closed fist. Try it next time and let me know if you experience the same phenomena :wink:

4. 4packgirl

4packgirl Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    this just happened me today & i did NOT touch the door while the guy held it open for me but i DID punch him in the face when he patted my a$$!!!!!!
    :moon:

5. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    (She was upset that he STOPPED at the pat, and didn't continue!!!)J/K!!!LOLOLOL!!! :lol:

6. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Guys dont like to be helped 100% like that. they will appreciate the effort, say 'thanks' or whatever, but if you think a man is gonna be 100% helped..not gonna happen.

besides, thats an old chiivlary cliche, man holds the door open for a woman. So why would do that for a man, are you calling him a woman? are you disrespecting him? be careful...if you hold open a door for the wrong guy, you could get punched in the face.

lol

7. thetombradyhater

thetombradyhater Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    honestly i don't like touching doors and crap in public cuz it has public crap on them. (PS I'm a guy)

8. Timmons

Timmons Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    Men must touch the door, I think it's genetic.

9. Heatherthepackgirl

Heatherthepackgirl Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I think its very nice when a guy opens the door for a woman, but then again I dont get upset when they dont, not a big deal to me. But for all the guys that do we do appreciate it at least some of us do..:) Now the patting on the butt, only if its my husband...:)

Now what bugs me is when I am driving on the freeway and a guy beeps at me..how does he know that I am not a killer? Or someone that maybe isnt nice?

10. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8
    See if I open the door for you again...

11. CaliforniaCheez

CaliforniaCheez Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I never understood guys who won't do these things. They are mutually beneficial.

1. The woman goes first so you get to appreciate how well she looks without her noticing your scanning at close range. You can notice many telling details up close.

2. Always let women walk upstairs first for the same reason(well a different view).

3. Opening car doors and closing them allows a guy to see the transition from/to standing/sitting. Dresses don't always move as well or at the same rate.

4. My great grandpa told me he liked to help women down from the buggy because he might get to see her ankle. I had to grow up some to catch on to what he meant.

Always do these things and be nice to women. They may have a friend, relative, or co-worker you would like to know better. An introduction or recommendation can only help.

As to dudes touching the door. No dude likes to be vulnerable to another man. None of the implications/consequences are good. Timmons, if you thought it out you would not ask. It is automatic. If you don't at least touch the door other guys will notice and your reputation is shot.

12. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Hey Heather.......i get guys beeping at me all the time! They see my long blonde hair, and automatically assume i'm a chick! I have had hundreds of good laughs when they relize i'm a DUDE! 8)

13. Heatherthepackgirl

Heatherthepackgirl Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I bet they get a great surprise when they find out your a guy...ROFL...

14. DePack

DePack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    cheesey.....how far do you let them go before they realize you're a dude? :lol:

second base? :lol:

15. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    The LAST guy i caught trying to "steal home!!!"LOLOLOL!!! 8) :lol:

16. thetombradyhater

thetombradyhater Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    funny cheesy

17. cheesey