Holding, #28, Defense AKA Carroll arrested

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Re: Holding, #28 on the Defense

ATLANTA, GA -- Jacksonville Jaguars Cornerback Ahmad Carroll was arrested around 3am Saturday morning in Atlanta at a Midtown restaurant.

He was charged with carrying a concealed weapon, carrying a pistol without a license and possession of ecstasy.

Carroll was released on bond.

Stay with First Coast News for continuing coverage

We should have waited and tried trading him. How stupid is Ted. WHAT A MORON!!

/sarcasm off

Tiger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Holding, #28 on the Defense

was the midtown restaurant he was arrested at a Burger King or a KFC? Perhaps he was picking up job applications

Oannes

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I wonder if the arresting officer threw a yellow flag at him just to make him feel more comfortable?

This is his 2nd off the field incident. Another 15, or so, and he'll catch up to the number of transgressions he committed in a Packer uniform.

He better hope the judge in his case is related to Mike Sherman, or he might actually be held accountable for this offense.

Tiger

Cheesehead
Reaction score

The judge might make him wear boxing gloves so he cant shoot his pistol..

Oannes

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I always wondered what the heck he was doing getting in trouble in a "piano bar"? (that was his first off the field incident) Now, perhaps it's a little more understandable. He drops as much E as he does interceptions.

By the way, I loved the "boxing gloves" reference.

BigPlay31

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Are we suprised that Ahmad was arrested for holding something? Thats all he did as a packer was hold.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score

What's really sad is that everyone on this forum instantly knew who the thread was about just from the title. Ahmad was in over his head right from Day One in the NFL.

PackerLegend

Cheesehead
Reaction score

first he is a terrible player now he is a terrible player with major character problems and probably one soon without a job with the Jags and anyone else.

PackerLegend

Cheesehead
Reaction score

EDIT- this report from rotoworld.com says his bond was $700,000 but the one below says it was $7000 also says 11 tablets were found.

rotoworld.com
Jaguars CB Ahmad Carroll was arrested early Saturday on suspicion of being involved in a disturbance with a weapon.

It's been a rough offseason for the Jags. Carroll, who was released on a $700,000 bond, appeared a long shot to make the team even before this.

s
ATLANTA -- Jacksonville Jaguars defensive back Ahmad Carroll was arrested on weapon and drug charges early Saturday, authorities said.

Carroll, 23, was questioned by police after he was pointed out as someone involved during a disturbance at an Atlanta restaurant, police spokesman officer James Polite said.

Polite said Carroll acknowledged to police that he was carrying a 9mm pistol; police searched Carroll's car and found 11 pink tablets that were believed to be ecstasy. He was arrested and charged with carrying a weapon without a license, possession of drugs and possession of a firearm during the commission of a felony.

Carroll, an Atlanta native, was released Saturday on a $7,000 bond.

net

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm amazed at the combo of Ecstacy and a 9mm handgun.

It explains SOME of his behavior in Green Bay.

Having Carroll at corner scared Ted Thompson enough to go out on the free agent market and pay market value for Charles Woodson. Does that tell you how freaked out Tightwad Ted was about putting Carroll out on an island?

I used to call Carroll Terrell Buckley, Jr. but I apologize to Buckley. To my knowledge, he never got arrested.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
I'm amazed at the combo of Ecstacy and a 9mm handgun.

It explains SOME of his behavior in Green Bay.

Having Carroll at corner scared Ted Thompson enough to go out on the free agent market and pay market value for Charles Woodson. Does that tell you how freaked out Tightwad Ted was about putting Carroll out on an island?

I used to call Carroll Terrell Buckley, Jr. but I apologize to Buckley. To my knowledge, he never got arrested.

Buckley turned out to be a decent DB though. Carroll, I don't see it happening, ever. Not even in the CFL or NFL-E.

PackerLegend

Cheesehead
Reaction score
from rotoworld.com

Jaguars released CB Ahmad Carroll.

After his arrest Saturday, Carroll could face a suspension if he catches on with another club. But the chances of that happening appear to be slim.

I feel terrible, NOT! YOU SUCK AHMAD!

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
Why such the attraction to Carroll?

He is gone already... the kid needs help to get his life back on track apparently... seemed to me like a ADD case.

He failed in the game, hopefully he gets his life turned back around.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why such the attraction to Carroll?

Well for me, personally, is all the people who told me he'd come around. All the people who said "this year he'll be better" all the people who said i had an "irrational hatred" of him.

No. he just sucked. I seen it. Everyone seen it. McCarthy\Thompson seen it and cut him midseason.

Listen, he wasn't a smart person, so he struggled and didn't improve. That happens. But taunting the other team after forcing a fumble which your teammate Barnett is picking up and returning, and he is too busy showboating. That's stupid. And the fights with teammates? That's really stupid. But a gun and ecstacy? That's beyond stupid.

He gets what he deserves. People need to know, being an athletic freak isn't everything. You have to be a good human being and have some intelligence to thrive in the game.

but thats me.

Arles

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The scary thing is he would still be a starting corner (or nickel at worst) if Sherman was still the coach. Despite a world of evidence otherwise, Sherman refused to believe he was a bad player.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The scary thing is he would still be a starting corner (or nickel at worst) if Sherman was still the coach. Despite a world of evidence otherwise, Sherman refused to believe he was a bad player.

Thats one of the biggest problems with 1 man being Head coach AND general manager.

pressure to make your picks work, no matter what. Cledius Hunt, Ahmad Carroll, etc, etc.

now we have this emotionless bastard who cuts his own draft picks if they dont produce(cory rodgers).

oh but he isnt a charismatic showman, so he sucks.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts