HOF....

OP
OP
skibum55

skibum55

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The only time they'd waive the five years - like in Reggie White's case - was postumously (after you are dead).

nathaniel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i call jersey retirement before hall of fame induction.
-Matt

They'll retire his jersey next season. I don't believe there is a time constraint when it comes to jersey retirement.

mateus

Cheesehead
Reaction score
mateus said:
-Matt

They'll retire his jersey next season. I don't believe there is a time constraint when it comes to jersey retirement.
just the time it takes to argue about it.
but since its favre i dont think that argument will last too long.
-Matt

nathaniel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
nathaniel said:
mateus said:
-Matt

-Matt

Ha! The only way they won't retire it is if they somehow are able to see into the future and know that they will draft Favre's nephew.

mateus

Cheesehead
Reaction score
mateus said:
nathaniel said:
mateus said:
-Matt

-Matt

Ha! The only way they won't retire it is if they somehow are able to see into the future and know that they will draft Favre's nephew.
or if the NFL decides to be **** about jersey retirements and tells them not to do it...at which case the packers should grow themselves some lawyerly balls and stick it to the league!

trippster

Cheesehead
Reaction score
officially retiring a jersey and having an "unwritten policy" of it never being worn again can have the same effect. No one ever coming to the Packers with ANY sense at all will even ask to wear #4.

mateus

Cheesehead
Reaction score
officially retiring a jersey and having an "unwritten policy" of it never being worn again can have the same effect. No one ever coming to the Packers with ANY sense at all will even ask to wear #4.
true but i think a ceremony as a seeing off, a typical good-bye is what the fans and organisation owe to favre.
something an unwritten policy doesnt really give. :wink:

eap33

Cheesehead
Reaction score
trippster said:
true but i think a ceremony as a seeing off, a typical good-bye is what the fans and organisation owe to favre.
something an unwritten policy doesnt really give. :wink:

Good call. The man deserves one last moment in the spotlight.

grabthar

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Reggie White's Jersey was retired, but the number was not. That was GB saying, no one will wear 92 again, but we can't retire your number. The NFL does not want numbers retired. I think they will do the same thing with Favre. Retire the Jersey, and never re-issue it, but they won't "officially"retire it. They may even put it up on the Wall of Fame in the stadium.

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
BF is easily a first-ballot Wall of Famer. Easily.

I just saw the Rams recently retired Marshall Faulk's jersey, so I'm sure the Pack can do the same with Brett.

trippster

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Harlan had already said that Favre would go up on the ring of fame in Lambeau. That should happen this coming year.

eap33

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Man... I just realized that I'll never get to see Favre play in Lambeau :cry:

I had already started planning my trip out there this season.

mateus

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Reggie White's Jersey was retired, but the number was not. That was GB saying, no one will wear 92 again, but we can't retire your number. The NFL does not want numbers retired. I think they will do the same thing with Favre. Retire the Jersey, and never re-issue it, but they won't "officially"retire it. They may even put it up on the Wall of Fame in the stadium.
if it gets the ceremony and respect that favre deserves then thats all the same to me.
Harlan had already said that Favre would go up on the ring of fame in Lambeau. That should happen this coming year.
that would be awesome!
my guess is it all happens in one night. :)

Members online

Latest posts