1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Announcement is LIVE: Read the Forum Post

Hobbies u have

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by Vltrophy, Aug 25, 2012.

1. Vltrophy

Vltrophy Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +391
    My wife & I have a couple. The first is collecting different monopoly games. We have about 28 different ones. Green Bay which has some of the different business' in town signed by some former Packers. Also NFL,MLB,NASCAR,Mustangs,National Parks & several more. Our 2nd hobby we just started is collecting Prestige football cards. Got almost as many doubles as we have originals. We have RGIII but not Luck. Still looking to get Perry's rookie card. Also still looking to get Rodgers card. Out of 32 teams I've got 20 of the 32 QBs. Does anyone know of a flea market near GB?

2. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,078
    game worn football items, I do a large amount of volunteer work in my community, and I shoot trap.

3. Shawnsta3

Shawnsta3 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +371
    Collect everything Packers, probably have $50,000+ of Packer's memorabilia handed down from my dad.
    Personally, I collect Ahman Green cards. I have 86 different cards of his throughout his career. If anyone has anymore or knows where I could get some to finish my 100 card sheet up to hang up somewhere it would be much appreciated.

I play basketball and Track. Car and movie enthusiast. Collect coins. Also a pretty decent Air Hockey player around these parts.

4. Shawnsta3

Shawnsta3 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +371
    I know there's a Flea Market in Shawano but that's not near you. Green Bay has to have one though.

5. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,078
    You should post some of 50k of stuff that was handed down, I would be excited to see it.

6. Shawnsta3

Shawnsta3 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +371
    It's all in storage. I mean I could pull some of it out and take pictures, but I don't think it would do it justice. Once I get moved out into my own house and can hang it all up again, I'll take a few snapshots.

7. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,078
    looking forward to it :)

8. sped2010

sped2010 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +18
    I don't know if I would call it a hobby, but I love to bike (as in, the kind that involves pedaling). My goal is to do 100 miles in Door County next year (I would do it this year, but the ride is next weekend and I'll be there this weekend). I bought myself a flat bar road bike this year, but will upgrade in a few years once I save some money.

If eating chocolate is a hobby, I excel at that!

9. neilfii

neilfii Hall of Fame Fan

Ratings:
    +714
    I roast my own coffee and I play around a little at "modding" my rooted (now custom) Android phone.

10. GreenBayGal

GreenBayGal Cheese Goddess

Ratings:
    +1,123
    BTW...I'm out

11. GreenBayGal

GreenBayGal Cheese Goddess

Ratings:
    +1,123
    Loved to garden. Used to run, before recent back surgery. Now I hobble around like an old lady and can't bend over to pull weeds. I'm expecting to be made into glue at any time now.

12. Vltrophy

Vltrophy Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +391
    no glue. Stuffed maybe.

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. mhnessie

mhnessie Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +737
    Hobbies.....hmm....I love to travel around the world, especially the US, South East Asia, City Trips in Europe....does this count ?
    And the Packers and HSV (Hamburg SV, my local soccer team) are my hobbies, takes up a lot of time and money.... ;)

14. Croak

Croak Terminally twisted.

Ratings:
    +1,219
    fishing, and the shooting range

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

15. PackerFan71

PackerFan71 This is the life.

Ratings:
    +960
    Cycling about on my Mountain Bike, and a bit of Fishing.

16. Vltrophy

Vltrophy Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +391
    Me to. I like my coffee black

17. Croak

Croak Terminally twisted.

Ratings:
    +1,219
    Besides fishing and the gun range, does working out at the gym count as a hobby?

18. PFanCan

PFanCan That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.

Ratings:
    +869
    Spending time with my wife & kids, traveling and exploring new places (have visited 41 countries thus far), reading history books. I hit the gym three times per week as well so I can enjoy my other hobby: eating good food and drinking good beer.

19. Forget Favre

Forget Favre Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,674
    Recently I've revived two hobbies that started from my childhood.
    Model trains and rockets.
    I was finally able to set up my Lionel train set on a bench in a room and can re-adjust the layout when the mood strikes. (So far I've done two different ones.)
    Earlier this summer I launched rockets after not having done it for a few years and am back into making them from kits as well.

I bicycle just about everywhere even for groceries. I do what I call Eco-trips which is biking and camping and did one a few weeks ago about 33 miles away at one of my most favorite camp sites.
    Slow pitch softball has been my summer time passion/obsession for the past few years.
    I can finally take a well deserved retirement from managing and just focus on being a player since hooking up with other teams with good attitudes.

20. Vltrophy

Vltrophy Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +391
    long trip. I'm guessing it took about 15 hrs including rest stops to travel 33 miles by bike.

21. Forget Favre

Forget Favre Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,674
    It actually took me about 4 hours each way and that was on a hybrid hauling probably at least 25 lbs of camping gear in a trailer.

I have other future ones in mind and next year I would like to hike/camp on the Ice Age Trail.

22. Forget Favre

Forget Favre Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,674
    Do you play these various Monopoly games?

23. Vltrophy

Vltrophy Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +391
    Out of the 28-30 different ones we play 4 or 5 different ones. The rest are sealed. Just to name a few
    Green bay (different GB biz)
    NFL
    MLB
    NASCAR
    60th anniversary
    70th anniversary
    Coca-Cola
    National Parks
    Star Trek the Next Generation
    Mustang
    2000 edition
    Deluxe edition
    Mickey Mouse
    A few more

24. metallicblaze

metallicblaze Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +19
    Not as exciting as y'all but I like to watch Anime. I also collect Mangas and cards that I find at work (Pokemon, yugioh and magic). Also have a fondness for Asian music ex: Kpop and japanese music (mostly from anime's).

25. Wood Chipper

Wood Chipper Fantasy Football Guru

Ratings:
    +1,410
    LOL my mom was raised in door county. She hates it, but mostly because no one lives there and it is dying.