Hit Rodgers took from Peppers-Concussion? Or no?

LombardiChick

Win or lose, I love this team.
Reaction score
Look at the locker room, post game footage of Aaron. He looks completely fine there. Grinning like a Cheshire Cat if I do say so! He also looked fine on the sidelines while the D took the field. I'm still going with nerves.

I agree, Kitten. He looked absolutely fine after the game.

I also wonder how bad his tongue was, bleeding like that - it probably didn't distract him all that much, but that had to suck.

John

Cheesehead
Reaction score
His play didn't seem nearly as stellar even before that hit. He took a shot to the head, regardless of whether he got concussed or not he's going to be a little dazed.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Isn't the NFL going to fine Peppers? I haven't heard anything yet...

Most likely if they are consistent. The refs threw the flags immediately, this isn't going to get overlooked by the NFL, not with half the world watching that game. They can't suspend him, LOL, but they should fine him. I'll say 15K or more.

Claymaker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Go back and watch him on the sidelines of the Lions game compared to this past Sunday. He looked sick in that Detroit game and just sat there. Meanwhile he was jumping around after the Raji TD and was whooping it up when they sealed the victory.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers medical staff is ultra conservative with injuries. If Rodgers showed any signs of a concussion, they would have pulled him.

I think we're looking for a problem that isn't there. Of course he was woozy, he took a cheap shot to the side of the head! Any one of us would be a little shaken after a dirty hit like that. But his accuracy was still OK. Quarless dropped a 3rd and 2 pass that would have gone for a conversion and allowed us to keep moving the chains on that same drive after the hit.

Also need to give credit to the Bears defense. They manned up in the second half, and started playing desperate when they weren't getting anywhere on offense or on special teams. That's more the reason in my mind for our offensive woes, not Rodgers or anything else.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Jason Wilde was on espn 540 milwaukee just now..

I had emailed in my part about his passes completed after the Peppers hit..

They read it on the air, but Jason thinks the shoulder was the biggest issue...That ios why his passes seemed off

Believes he didnt or doesnt have a concussion

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
Rodgers didn't show signs of a concussion. He wouldn't have been allowed back in for one and two he was acting "normal" on the sidelines. Not sitting on the bench with a far away look on his face. I'm confident the Medical staff would have protected Rodgers from permanent injury then allow him back in with a concussion.

I think the shoulder started tightening up in the 2nd half, Bears D started getting desperate and started playing lights out while our team started tiring sooner. Packers had no bye week to rest, and had to play against real teams, not Seattle to get there. Our team was banged up and tired, can't tell me they weren't which is another reason why I'm so proud they won that game.

BigBayBlues

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Clearly he was a bit foggy after getting smacked by Peppers, but I don't think he was concussed (Although if a hit like that doesn't give you one I don't know what will...that new helmet must really offer additional protection). I've gotten clobbered before and just been foggy for a while without having suffered a concussion. I definitely think it was more of a shoulder issue. Even my Bears fan friends noticed it when he ran in the touchdown in the NFC championship game and didn't do the belt celebration. If anywhere, you would do it there after such a cool scoring play.

He looked happy and alert at the press conference after the game.

In addition to what Wilde was just saying on ESPN radio, I found this little article, in which McCarthy says it was a shoulder injury:
acmepackingcompany.com/2011/1/25/1954839/battered-and-bruised-green-bay-packers-see-aaron-rodgers-nursing-sore

News Bot

News Bot
Reaction score
Questions arise as to whether Aaron Rodgers suffered a concussion

Lost in the chatter after the Bears-Packers game regarding a quarterback who didn’t play after suffering a knee injury is the question of whether a quarterback in the same game played with a head injury. Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers took a helmet to the jaw from Bears defensive end Julius Peppers with less than 12…
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Source: ProFootballTalk.com

News Bot

News Bot
Reaction score
Rodgers says new helmet helped him avoid concussion

So how did Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers avoid absorbing his third concussion this year after being “blown up” (as FOX’s Troy Aikman put it) by Bears defensive end Julius Peppers? Rodgers attributes his ability to knocked be knocked out and/or knocked out of the game to his new helmet. “That was lucky,” Rodgers told Peter…
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Source: ProFootballTalk.com

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
hopefully other players will start switching to the new style

I think it should be mandatory effective for next year. This is something that could not only save a player's career but their life (or quality of life if you will). Much like the Haans (sp?) Device is mandatory in NASCAR to prevent head and neck injuries, so should this helmet be in the NFL.

Incubes12

Bay Harbor Butcher?
Reaction score
Hopefully Peppers gets his a** reamed by Goodell. I've seen few hits that were blatantly intended to harm a player than that.

JayMuzic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
To me i actually think so, Rodgers is a Great quarterback. But i think the Defense finished the game out for us.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why is this even still being discussed? No signs of a concussion. No team official or medical person has made the claim. F*cking florio runs with something and it becomes a big issue. Several reporters who talked to him after the game said no signs of being out of it. It's a dead issue until someone with a real medical background says otherwise.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
another note

How many times has a player that had a concussion give a p/c?

Not to mention in front of all the lights and sounds?

Those are two things they keep people away from

rawalabhay

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't know why this is still being discussed. The Bears made adjustments at half time and that pretty much explains why the offense stalled in the second half. Also, they show Rodgers jumping around and celebrating in the 4th quarter, both after Raji TD and Shields INT. I don't think he does that if he has a concussion.

He did have a gaze right after the hit but he was fine in the series right after the hit. Also, if Quarless makes the 3rd down catch I don't think we would be talking about this. That throw by Rodgers was after the hit and was right on the money!

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This should put it to rest once and for all and hopefully move this out of "Sticky Threads."

Aaron Rodgers Press Conf. Transcript - Jan. 26

I dunno why non-medical people who don't even shake A-Rods hand start to worry what just turns out to be nothing.
"Oh! Look at him. He's got a concussion!"
Just wait until all the facts are in before judging.

OP
OP
98Redbird

98Redbird

Cheesehead
Reaction score
^^^ Agreed, the situation is over.

Although, I will say that I doubt what we're being told would be different even if he did have a concussion... Everyone here knows what's on the line this time, as does Aaron. I feel like after watching him answer that question today that he knew there was something there, that even if it was mild, he felt that that hit and he knows it rattled him a little. But that's just my opinion.

Fact is, they are denying it, they have to do what they have to do and the situation is over. On to Dallas.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts