History in the making?

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There have been only two teams in NFL history to ever finish with a winning record while having a rookie as their starting QB for the entire season. The Bears are 5-3 and in first place with Kyle Orton.
Do you really think that there is nothing at all impressive about that?

yooperfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Philtration said:
There have been only two teams in NFL history to ever finish with a winning record while having a rookie as their starting QB for the entire season. The Bears are 5-3 and in first place with Kyle Orton.
Do you really think that there is nothing at all impressive about that?
That is fairly impressive Phil.
I have some friends and relatives that are Bear fans and it's nice to see them have something to smile about these days.
The good thing about the Bear fans that I know is that they don't take their success and throw it in your face like Viking and Lion fans that I know.

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If he were responsible for those wins I'd be more impressed but Cade McNown could be leadings these Bears to a winning record with that defense.

Miskito

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TOPackerFan said:
If he were responsible for those wins I'd be more impressed but Cade McNown could be leadings these Bears to a winning record with that defense.

I think the fact that Orton is a rookie is what all the optimism is about. If this was his second or third year, there would probably be some worries.

OP
OP
Philtration

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TOPackerFan said:

Cade McNown could not lead blind kids across the street. They had the same defense last year but had Chad Hutchinson and Johnathan Quinn at QB.
It's not that Orton is winning the games, it's that he is not loosing them. What more can you ask of a 22 year old?

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
1. Phil, the season isnt over.
2. Kyle is not the reason for them winning, although he is on the team, so by default, he will have to be included in that record.

When I was at soldier field watching Bears\Vikes a couple weeks ago, Orton sucked. They win because of the running game, and that monster defense. Some people would want to compare Kyle to big Ben, in that he keeps them in, and "Doesn't lose the game for them." Kyle is Big Ben lite. I like Kyle, he has some talent, but he is not the reason they are winning.

The only impressive thing is the bears win despite not having a decent QB. I've watched every Bears game too, phil. How many times has he underthrown or overthrown moose?

OP
OP
Philtration

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
1. Phil, the season isnt over.
2. Kyle is not the reason for them winning, although he is on the team, so by default, he will have to be included in that record.

When I was at soldier field watching Bears\Vikes a couple weeks ago, Orton sucked. They win because of the running game, and that monster defense. Some people would want to compare Kyle to big Ben, in that he keeps them in, and "Doesn't lose the game for them." Kyle is Big Ben lite. I like Kyle, he has some talent, but he is not the reason they are winning.

The only impressive thing is the bears win despite not having a decent QB. I've watched every Bears game too, phil. How many times has he underthrown or overthrown moose?

I agree. I did not say that Orton is impressive. I said that the Bears being over .500 and in first place with a rookie QB is impressive. Do you agree with that?
If Favre retires after this season, do you think that the Packers will be over .500 with Rodgers? I don't.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I dont agree that it is impressive that they are in first place with a rookie QB. All the bears need is a QB who isnt retarded to do well, since they are a running team\defensive team.

If the bears offense was like the...colts or someone, and a rookie came in and led them to first place, thats impressive.

bears are still a solid team, so dont attack me.

Members online

Latest posts