HILARIOUS! - Javon Walker Wants Back In

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think people are overreacting a bit about Javon. He made a business decision. Favre is my hero... but Favre seemed to take a position against Javon, and that rallied the entire Packer nation AGAINST Javon. That seemed to hurt him. He didn't feel appreciated. Now he realizes he had a good thing. He wants back.

Seems pretty human and pretty understandable. Give the guy the benefit of the doubt.
Favre took the position that WALKER SIGNED A CONTRACT AND SHOULD HAVE HONORED IT. Quite frankly, i don't see anything wrong with that. Back in the day, MEN honored their word. His contract was fine when he signed it, then he thought he was "all that", his ego grew so big he had to walk sideways to get through a doorway. Now, with his less then stellar play, he has shown that the reason he was so good here, was the guy that was getting the BALL to him. Now, he's just a "guy", not the center of attention. Favre MADE him.
Of course, this is just my humble opinion.

packerfan1245

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think people are overreacting a bit about Javon. He made a business decision. Favre is my hero... but Favre seemed to take a position against Javon, and that rallied the entire Packer nation AGAINST Javon. That seemed to hurt him. He didn't feel appreciated. Now he realizes he had a good thing. He wants back.

Seems pretty human and pretty understandable. Give the guy the benefit of the doubt.

I'd Give him the benefit of the doubt. Hes human

wpr

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Sorry I don't have to wait until Brett tells me what to think. I was opposed to what Walker was trying to do before Brett came out and made a public statement.
At that time he had only had one above avg year. His 3rd. Despite what Javon and his agent think, that does not merit a new contract.

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Javon was a dumb kid who was getting terribly bad advice from his agent. Favre attempted to straighten him out. I wonder where the kids dad was? I remember a time when Favre was talking retirement and Irv told him to shut up and that it was just dumb talk. Javon's dad should have told him to shut up and play ball. I can't help but wonder how the kid would have turned out if he had just listened to Brett. We'll never know.

evad04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
evad04 said:

Sorry I don't have to wait until Brett tells me what to think. I was opposed to what Walker was trying to do before Brett came out and made a public statement.
At that time he had only had one above avg year. His 3rd. Despite what Javon and his agent think, that does not merit a new contract.
That's great. But do other people follow suit? I happen to agree with Favre's position, I'm just not that thrilled about him articulating it in the public sphere. Just look around all other sports. You don't comment on other teammates' contract situations.

I just can't help but think Favre's opinion on the matters exacerbated the problem with Javon. I don't "blame" Favre for Javon's issues. I just think his actions contributed to how the situation soured.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
wpr said:
evad04 said:

That's great. But do other people follow suit? I happen to agree with Favre's position, I'm just not that thrilled about him articulating it in the public sphere. Just look around all other sports. You don't comment on other teammates' contract situations.

I just can't help but think Favre's opinion on the matters exacerbated the problem with Javon. I don't "blame" Favre for Javon's issues. I just think his actions contributed to how the situation soured.
Yup.......somebody asked Favre what he thought about it, and Favre told him. That darn old honesty will bite you in the butt every time.
Me, i respect Favre for having the GUTS to be the leader of the team, and throw the old "political correctness" out the window.
Walker should have realized Favre was RIGHT, and shut his big self loving mouth and HONORED HIS CONTRACT. He would have got a long term big contract if he would have honored his own signature, did his job, and let his play show he EARNED a raise. But guys like that are coddled, treated like THEY mean EVERYTHING, and NO ONE else matters. So they get this over enflated false self worth.

Obi1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
evad04 said:
wpr said:
evad04 said:

Yup.......somebody asked Favre what he thought about it, and Favre told him. That darn old honesty will bite you in the butt every time.
Me, i respect Favre for having the GUTS to be the leader of the team, and throw the old "political correctness" out the window.
Walker should have realized Favre was RIGHT, and shut his big self loving mouth and HONORED HIS CONTRACT. He would have got a long term big contract if he would have honored his own signature, did his job, and let his play show he EARNED a raise. But guys like that are coddled, treated like THEY mean EVERYTHING, and NO ONE else matters. So they get this over enflated false self worth.

Like I said before, I for one am glad that Walker left. That forced the Packer brass to address the need at that position. Thus the drafting of Jennings & Jones and the acquiring of Martin and K-Rob...

Now, if he wants to return, who would the Pack cut to make room?

KGB94SACKEM

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cheesey said:
evad04 said:
wpr said:
evad04 said:

Like I said before, I for one am glad that Walker left. That forced the Packer brass to address the need at that position. Thus the drafting of Jennings & Jones and the acquiring of Martin and K-Rob...

Not totally true IF you subscribe to the Best Player Available line of thinking.

I'd take J-Walk back in a heartbeat.

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Obi1 said:
cheesey said:
evad04 said:
wpr said:
evad04 said:

Not totally true IF you subscribe to the Best Player Available line of thinking.

I'd take J-Walk back in a heartbeat.[/quote

His salary would be prohibitive. He's a malcontent and this team doesn't need anyone messing with their character. As good as Randy Moss has been this year. I would still take our collection of receivers because I like the chemistry of this team. Javon wanted out, he's out, let's leave him out.

Bobby Roberts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I too find it ironic that Sharper and Longwell thought that the way to the SuperBowl was through Minnesota. Ferguson got cut and simply signed with the only team that would take him. Those guys got exactly what they deserved, an early end to the season.

That's not true for either player.

Sharper was asked to take a pay cut in GB - new contract, but he refused. Instead he signed in Minny for about the same that was being offered by GB because he didn't want to accept the pay cut.

Longwell's contract was up and he had his agent attempt to negotiate a new one for him to stay in GB. He essentially got the cold shoulder from TT -- thanked him for his contributions and wished him the best. He never wanted out of GB, but was left with no choice than to get the best deal he could as a FA. So basically Longwell's situation is much closer to Fergie's where neither player had the option to stay in GB.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
all about da packers said:
I saw the interview and some of you are blowing this WAY out of proportion.

At no point does J-Walk say "I want to go back to GB", he basically said he wants to play in an offensive system LIKE HE HAD IN GREEN BAY, one that stretches the field where Javon can run deep, go up, and get the ball.

That isn't the type of system that Green Bay currently runs. McCarthy likes short stuff, where the WRs focus on turning short passes into long gains. This isn't the same offensive scheme that Mike Sherman ran.

J-Walk said he doesn't think Denver is the best fit for him, that he'd like to go else where, BUT if Denver decides to keep him then he'd stay and play for the team and do the best he can. He even credited his time in Denver with becoming a better overall WR. He doesn't sound bitter, IMO.

Personally, I think J-Walk just wants a change of scenery, and it might have something to do (in part, at least) with the Darrent Williams tragedy. IF it does, then I can't blame him.

And to the dude who said J-Walk sounded like a 5 year old speaking, my friend you haven't seen many football player interviews. There are tons of players that speak worse than Javon, J-Walk was speaking fine.

Good job with this post!

Yes, a LOT has to do with Darrent. I followed that closely because for some reason it struck a cord with me. Javon was/is torn up badly by the slaying and has had affect on him as a person.

de_real_deal

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Walker was smart. He was smart enough to get a big contract before he had to play another NFL down after his ACL injury. How much money would walker get today if he was a free agent after his injury history? Not much probably.

That being said, we could use a HEALTHY Javon but that is certainly not guaranteed. I like our 5 guys until we have a shot to grab a guy like Moss/T.O. which isnt likely to happen. Ruvell and K-Rob are the best 4-5 wr tandem in the league im sure. Jones should show big improvement, Jennings should improve and K-Rob will definitely improve. Lets not **** with cohesiveness

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
all about da packers said:
I saw the interview and some of you are blowing this WAY out of proportion.

At no point does J-Walk say "I want to go back to GB", he basically said he wants to play in an offensive system LIKE HE HAD IN GREEN BAY, one that stretches the field where Javon can run deep, go up, and get the ball.

That isn't the type of system that Green Bay currently runs. McCarthy likes short stuff, where the WRs focus on turning short passes into long gains. This isn't the same offensive scheme that Mike Sherman ran.

J-Walk said he doesn't think Denver is the best fit for him, that he'd like to go else where, BUT if Denver decides to keep him then he'd stay and play for the team and do the best he can. He even credited his time in Denver with becoming a better overall WR. He doesn't sound bitter, IMO.

Personally, I think J-Walk just wants a change of scenery, and it might have something to do (in part, at least) with the Darrent Williams tragedy. IF it does, then I can't blame him.

And to the dude who said J-Walk sounded like a 5 year old speaking, my friend you haven't seen many football player interviews. There are tons of players that speak worse than Javon, J-Walk was speaking fine.

Good job with this post!

Yes, a LOT has to do with Darrent. I followed that closely because for some reason it struck a cord with me. Javon was/is torn up badly by the slaying and has had affect on him as a person.

I agree with both of you guys here. From my local perspective on the situation, Javon's got deep, deep scars from the event (which took place one year and one day ago, btw), the kind that don't show up on your skin.

He's definintely changed from a young player into a man who's seen and lost a lot more than any of us have ever been forced to endure. All this cancer/bad influence talk is easy to throw out there, but it just doesn't seem to fit him.

I'd love to have him back, cause he's changed. Believe me, he's a different person than we all remember.

But he won't be back, for a couple reasons. 1) He could get ALOT more money on the open market than what TT would deem is worth for us to give him. 2) He wants to be the guy to go up and get the jump ball, which isn't anyone in MM's scheme.

I definitely would be glad to have a guy of his talent back, especially since he's changed as a person, but I just don't think it'll happen this time around...

:carefully sidesteps the retread/dead horse debate of Javon's exit reasons:

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's hard to get the bad taste outta my mouth that he gave me with his cry baby tactics before he left. He MAY have changed, but who really knows? Would we want to take that chance, that he might come in and "infect" our core of young guys with his "me first" attitude? Maybe he HAS changed.........I just don't know if i'd want to take that kind of chance.

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's hard to get the bad taste outta my mouth that he gave me with his cry baby tactics before he left. He MAY have changed, but who really knows? Would we want to take that chance, that he might come in and "infect" our core of young guys with his "me first" attitude? Maybe he HAS changed.........I just don't know if i'd want to take that kind of chance.

Well, he's been in Denver for two years now, and I don't see him spreading that "infection" to the other players on the team. He hasn't played really any significant amount of time this season, so wouldn't a typical "cancer" player be complaining about the coaching staff, or blaming his injury or blaming the young QB for not making the playoffs?

His departure was ugly, yes. But I see this guy almost every week on local sports coverage/newspapers, and he's grown up. Honestly, his attitude doesn't worry me at all, especially if Brett were to come back for one more year, it's just the fact that the Packers don't explicitly need a guy of his skill set this offseason. But if TT does go ****** and break character and signs J-Walk, (given that Denver even lets him walk) I think he'll be a great addition to a deeply talented WR corps that will potentially be sans Ruvell Martin and K-Rob in 2008. (Both their contracts expire after this year if memory serves correctly)

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
I am and have always said Javon was my favorite WR (although I put Greg up there next to him as of late) and I would be very hesitant on bringing him back. I would NOT bring him back if he had any contract that was not heavily based on incentives and maybe even some kind of write up about only speaking once a week for 3 minutes to the media, lol.

Aside from that, he is one helluva a talent when healthy. No one will deny that. Brett said Javon was the only receiver he ever had that he could just wing the ball up and knew the WR would bring it down. (looked an failed to find specific article, sorry).

"If I had to go back there, I'd retire," Javon Walker said. "I don't have to play." --- How would he explain that comment?

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Aside from that, he is one helluva a talent when healthy. No one will deny that. Brett said Javon was the only receiver he ever had that he could just wing the ball up and knew the WR would bring it down. (looked an failed to find specific article, sorry).
?

one helluva talent you say... but i dont see the proof. hes good i agree, but i think we already have the better player on this team now.

Javon lives off a lot a hype from one good season.... one.

Ahem....Career Stats.

Javon Walker - 72 Games, 252 Rec, 3815 Yards, 15.1 Avg, 30 TD, all this in 6 seasons. aged 29 years.

Greg Jennings - 27 Games, 98 Rec, 1552 Yards, 15.8 Avg, 15 TD. All this in 2 seasons. aged 24 years.

extend that on if you can come away with me to imagination land.

Greg Jennings in 6 years if pace is kept... (i see no reason it wont continue and even get better)

81 Games, 294 Rec, 4656 Yards, 15.8 Avg, 45 TDs....

looks like to me... Ted was right... we didnt need Javon or his contract. we already have the better talent.... with a better smile and attitude. and contract.

KGB94SACKEM

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:
?

one helluva talent you say... but i dont see the proof. hes good i agree, but i think we already have the better player on this team now.

Ahem....Career Stats.

Javon Walker - 72 Games, 252 Rec, 3815 Yards, 15.1 Avg, 30 TD, all this in 6 seasons. aged 29 years.

Greg Jennings - 27 Games, 98 Rec, 1552 Yards, 15.8 Avg, 15 TD. All this in 2 seasons. aged 24 years.

Greg Jennings in 6 years if pace is kept... (i see no reason it wont continue and even get better)

looks like to me... Ted was right... we didnt need Javon or his contract. we already have the better talent.... with a better smile and attitude. and contract.

Where did anyone say we should trade GJ for J-Walk?

Seems to me you are twisting the stats to fit your argument.

Javon was brought along slowly not thrown into a starting role right away like GJ. Using Javons career stats is misleading. The last 2 years J-Walk played in 16 games his stats were

J-Walk
69 1,084 8
89 1,382 12

GJ
53 920 12
45 632 3

Jennings is younger but has not been the healthiest person either. Walker is more talented naturally but GJ plays with heart. I'd definitely take J-Walk at his best over GJ at his but again I'm not even suggesting trading one for the other. I'd take DD, GJ and J-Walk however which is what this thread is about.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
im not suggesting trading either... im just showing you averages.

Why do averages matter? because when you pay for Javon Walkers 1000 yard, 16 game seasons.... your also paying for Javon Walkers 40 yard, 1 game seasons. and please dont forget that Javon Walker is gettin number 1 reciever attention meaning he is the QBs usual first read.
Greg is the second reciever on most reads.

and theres a reason Jennings was thrown into a starting role immediately.... because he could handle it. and by saying thrust into the role you open up Javon for comparison in the two players first 2 seasons.

and i dont think you wanna compare that. Javon had his best year in year 3... Greg might have more to show.

what I mean by showing you all that is... that Javon isnt doing as well as our second reciever, and yet wants to be paid as the 1st option and treated like the first option. It just doesnt make sense.

If he would be willing to be paid as the 3rd reciever and learn what a team concept is... then sure id take him on this team.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:
?

Ahem....Career Stats.

From this post it looks like you're just trying to find a fight.

I never said I'd rather Javon over Greg, never did I even mention that.
Just because someone else has better stats than Javon does not mean Javon is not a helluva talent. Why not asy Favre sucks because Tom Brady threw for more TD's and yards.

I would not give anything up for Javon. He'd have to sign a incentive laden contract. With that being said, Javon is a favorite WR of mine and I'm still not saying to sell the kitchen sink to get him. I'm a Packer fan first, Javon (player) fan second. Don't forget it, bubba.

And how is this Ted was right stuff? He was blasted BIG TIME for trading Javon and even though he's a favorite WR of mine, I was saying it was time to cut ties. This fair weather fan crap blows. lol

edit, not saying you flipped on this subject with Ted, packnic, that comment was more of a general observation.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packnic said:
Zero2Cool said:
?

Ahem....Career Stats.

From this post it looks like you're just trying to find a fight.

I never said I'd rather Javon over Greg, never did I even mention that.
Just because someone else has better stats than Javon does not mean Javon is not a helluva talent. Why not asy Favre sucks because Tom Brady threw for more TD's and yards.

I would not give anything up for Javon. He'd have to sign a incentive laden contract. With that being said, Javon is a favorite WR of mine and I'm still not saying to sell the kitchen sink to get him. I'm a Packer fan first, Javon (player) fan second. Don't forget it, bubba.

And how is this Ted was right stuff? He was blasted BIG TIME for trading Javon and even though he's a favorite WR of mine, I was saying it was time to cut ties. This fair weather fan crap blows. lol

edit, not saying you flipped on this subject with Ted, packnic, that comment was more of a general observation.

I wasnt trying to say anyone wanted a trade. I just wanted to make sure that everyone was on the same page. We traded Javon Walker because he demanded it first of all... and wanted too much money. as long as we dont spend to much or any at all.... i think were all ok with adding talent to the roster.

We are all thinking the same way... I just think he gets portrayed as a Randy Moss type talent... when in fact he isnt even close. Hes even more trouble than Randy Moss. But if we could add him at the right price and right attitude... we can all be ok with that.

johnny_blood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You can talk about the shooting and his maturation and his talent all you want. But the comments I read from his recent interview were clear on these points:

1)He is jealous of Marshall. Denver is good for Marshall, not good for Javon.
2)He needs to be universally acknowledged as the #1 receiver on the team he plays for. If not, you get interviews about how he doesn't want to be on the team.

It seems obvious that he doesn't belong in Green Bay. He belongs on a terrible team with no WRs near his talent level, where he can lose a ton of games but be the star receiver and face of the offense.

"What it boils down to at this point is I've got to go where the best fit is for me...And if it's not the best situation for me (in Denver), it's the best situation for Brandon Marshall." That's what it boils down to. Not the shooting. "Best fit" means "I lead the team in receptions and TDs." It doesn't mean I share the TDs with my fellow receivers, we help each other get open, and we win a bunch of games.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
johnny_blood said:
You can talk about the shooting and his maturation and his talent all you want. But the comments I read from his recent interview were clear on these points:

1)He is jealous of Marshall. Denver is good for Marshall, not good for Javon.
2)He needs to be universally acknowledged as the #1 receiver on the team he plays for. If not, you get interviews about how he doesn't want to be on the team.
He definitely is a me first player, unfortunately.

The third-person talk, is crap. Grow up already, Javon!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts