HILARIOUS! - Javon Walker Wants Back In

Mortfini

Cheesehead
Reaction score
after reading what ever1 had to say i thought id study the background into walker and y u guys hate him i have dug up some quotes from wiki

"I just don't like the way the organization runs itself", Walker told ESPN.com. "They want players to come up there and play hard and work hard, but when it comes time to be compensated, it's like, 'We forgot what you've done.'"

Walker also said quarterback Brett Favre's comments on his plans to hold out for a better contract last year made living in Wisconsin difficult, and he felt it was unfair that the team let Favre interfere with Walker's squabble with management. "There's an unwritten rule that players stick together,"

After i read this ive changed my mind WE DONT want players like this More Worried about money then winning THE DAM GAME!

im worred now cos i also found a quote from TT

"During his time as a Green Bay Packer, Javon Walker has been well thought of by everyone here. I like Javon, certainly as a person and as a player. That said, Javon is under contract, which he signed as a 2002 first-round draft choice. That contract is governed by the Collective Bargaining Agreement, which was negotiated between the National Football League and the National Football League Players’ Association, and we expect him to honor it. There have been several highly publicized cases of player discontent in the National Football League. I don’t anticipate us making any concessions in this matter. We will continue to stay the course, and the Green Bay Packers will have no further comment on this topic."

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah......he just made up alot of ground on T.O.!!!!
The guy is a PUTZ!!!

and other than some (debatably) tounge in cheek comments about Jessica Simpson, T.O. has been pretty good this year...even javon was reluctant to compliment cutler in the interview...he rambles for 10 minutes about how dissatisfied he is...what a piece of freaking crap!

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cheesey said:
The guy is a PUTZ!!!

and other than some (debatably) tounge in cheek comments about Jessica Simpson, T.O. has been pretty good this year...even javon was reluctant to compliment cutler in the interview...he rambles for 10 minutes about how dissatisfied he is...what a piece of freaking crap!
Yeah..........T.O. has been silent..........ONLY because he is getting the ball, and the team is winning. I bet if they get knocked out of the playoffs, T.O. will have his "usual" meltdown, and attack anyone and anything in site.
After all..........he can't allow JW to take the "******" award, now can he? :wink: :lol:

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ted please bring him back ... I dont care if we have 2-3-4 good WR's hey he can be a good factor like moss

1. He can't produce like Moss(or even stay healthy)
2. He isn't a locker room cancer like Moss(Moss changed, Javon is still a young man and associates with Drew Rosenhaus, T.O, and people who get shot at nightclubs.
3. Greg Jennings.

Obi1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
musccy said:
That was the most incoherent interview I think I've ever watched...

I'm starting a new award for the biggest ****** bag in the NFL...congrats Javon, you win!
The guy is a PUTZ!!!
He had it made here. NOW i bet he's kicking himself for his childish tirade here.
If they DID try to let him come back here, first i would want a PUBLIC apology to Brett Favre, then the Packers organization, and then to the FANS!
Then i'd make him kiss Brett Favre's BUTT on film!!!
Then MAYBE i'd let him come back.

Cheesey,

May be its just me but, in retrospect, it was the best thing that happened to the Packers... Javon leaving. If he had still been here, Packers would not haave the corps of receivers that are here today.

wpr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
after reading what ever1 had to say i thought id study the background into walker and y u guys hate him i have dug up some quotes from wiki

"I just don't like the way the organization runs itself", Walker told ESPN.com. "They want players to come up there and play hard and work hard, but when it comes time to be compensated, it's like, 'We forgot what you've done.'"

Walker also said quarterback Brett Favre's comments on his plans to hold out for a better contract last year made living in Wisconsin difficult, and he felt it was unfair that the team let Favre interfere with Walker's squabble with management. "There's an unwritten rule that players stick together,"

After i read this ive changed my mind WE DONT want players like this More Worried about money then winning THE DAM GAME!

im worred now cos i also found a quote from TT

"During his time as a Green Bay Packer, Javon Walker has been well thought of by everyone here. I like Javon, certainly as a person and as a player. That said, Javon is under contract, which he signed as a 2002 first-round draft choice. That contract is governed by the Collective Bargaining Agreement, which was negotiated between the National Football League and the National Football League Players’ Association, and we expect him to honor it. There have been several highly publicized cases of player discontent in the National Football League. I don’t anticipate us making any concessions in this matter. We will continue to stay the course, and the Green Bay Packers will have no further comment on this topic."

Welcome back from the dark side.

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah..........T.O. has been silent..........ONLY because he is getting the ball, and the team is winning. I bet if they get knocked out of the playoffs, T.O. will have his "usual" meltdown, and attack anyone and anything in site.
After all..........he can't allow JW to take the "******" award, now can he? :wink: :lol:

You're an NFL wr and you get to select one honor...which do you choose?

1. MVP
2. Offensive Player of the Year
3. Yearly Receiving Yards/TD Titles
4. The Musccy ****** of the Year Award

Duhh...#4...so I expect T.O. to rise to the occassion pretty soon to reclaim his spot on top...but in the meantime, Javon is the lucky man who gets the trophy (you don't want to know what it is!). :twisted:

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cheesey said:
musccy said:
That was the most incoherent interview I think I've ever watched...

I'm starting a new award for the biggest ****** bag in the NFL...congrats Javon, you win!
The guy is a PUTZ!!!
He had it made here. NOW i bet he's kicking himself for his childish tirade here.
If they DID try to let him come back here, first i would want a PUBLIC apology to Brett Favre, then the Packers organization, and then to the FANS!
Then i'd make him kiss Brett Favre's BUTT on film!!!
Then MAYBE i'd let him come back.

Cheesey,

May be its just me but, in retrospect, it was the best thing that happened to the Packers... Javon leaving. If he had still been here, Packers would not haave the corps of receivers that are here today.
Oh.....I AGREE! Look who we have now! Driver, Jennings, Robinson, Jones......I'm happy! (JW isn't!) :D

Reaction score
I saw the interview and some of you are blowing this WAY out of proportion.

At no point does J-Walk say "I want to go back to GB", he basically said he wants to play in an offensive system LIKE HE HAD IN GREEN BAY, one that stretches the field where Javon can run deep, go up, and get the ball.

That isn't the type of system that Green Bay currently runs. McCarthy likes short stuff, where the WRs focus on turning short passes into long gains. This isn't the same offensive scheme that Mike Sherman ran.

J-Walk said he doesn't think Denver is the best fit for him, that he'd like to go else where, BUT if Denver decides to keep him then he'd stay and play for the team and do the best he can. He even credited his time in Denver with becoming a better overall WR. He doesn't sound bitter, IMO.

Personally, I think J-Walk just wants a change of scenery, and it might have something to do (in part, at least) with the Darrent Williams tragedy. IF it does, then I can't blame him.

And to the dude who said J-Walk sounded like a 5 year old speaking, my friend you haven't seen many football player interviews. There are tons of players that speak worse than Javon, J-Walk was speaking fine.

CaptainItchy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
all about da packers said:
And to the dude who said J-Walk sounded like a 5 year old speaking, my friend you haven't seen many football player interviews. There are tons of players that speak worse than Javon, J-Walk was speaking fine.

I didn't mean he talked like a 5 YearOld literally... I understood what he said...his grammar was fine... I just meant that his incoherent train of thought...and rambling on and on...sounded like a kid...that's all... The 5 YearOld comment was just my way of insulting him period...'cause I really dislike Walker... :) :)

Kleos

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We could give him a spot on the practice squad. He'd look good there picked up as a free agent at the min pay :lol:

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
AADP - you're right that interpreting what he said as him wanting to be a Packer again is a stretch.

However why would he say "I want to be somewhere where my talents will be utilized" if he wasn't implying he wanted out? He didn't exactly go out of his way to voice confidence in Cutler, saying at one point that "he's still developing" or something like that.

I felt his compliments towards Marshall were forced and obligatory with some underlying jealousy.

Granted, I watched the interview after reading this thread and being conditioned to think he was bitter...but to me it still looked like he was trying to say he was unhappy, while attempting to not come off as a whiny
jerk.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
life is hard enough. I don't understand why so many people need to make it harder on themselves with an unshakeable "grass is always greener" mentality. If you have problems with one organization and then move to another, only to have problems with that organization... is there a point where you begin to think, 'maybe i'm the problem"... ?

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Javon was immature when he was in Green Bay and that hasn't changed. He is a selfish "me first" type player and those kinds of guys are a detriment to winning. I was in Denver shortly after the trade was made and my friends out there wanted to know him. I told them he was a malcontent and that guys like that can't stand it if they're not the focus all the time. If he keeps this up, no one will want him and he will have talked himself right out of the league.

Raider Pride

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Krazygangsta said:
Ted please bring him back ... I dont care if we have 2-3-4 good WR's hey he can be a good factor like moss

1. He can't produce like Moss(or even stay healthy)
2. He isn't a locker room cancer like Moss(Moss changed, Javon is still a young man and associates with Drew Rosenhaus, T.O, and people who get shot at nightclubs.
3. Greg Jennings.

3. EXACTLY....

Gregoriuos over Grudgingness all day long.

R.P.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
bozz_2006 said:
life is hard enough. I don't understand why so many people need to make it harder on themselves with an unshakeable "grass is always greener" mentality. If you have problems with one organization and then move to another, only to have problems with that organization... is there a point where you begin to think, 'maybe i'm the problem"... ?
I think that by the time he realizes that (if he EVER does) he will be too old to play.
But he probably looked and thought "Hey, it worked for TO, so why not for me?"

But i don't know if any team will want him...........they would have to recontruct all the doors and enlarge their locker rooms..........so that Walker and his ego could get in.

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The problem for Javon is that nothing is ever good enough. The offense isn't right for him. He wants to renogiate. The Quarterback doesn't support him. Eventually gm's will realize that your production just doesn't match your mouth. Green Bay has done just fine without him. Denver will be just fine without him. One day this kid will be out of football and having to work for a living and he will wonder why no one told him to just shut up and play ball.

wpr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
One day this kid will be out of football and having to work for a living and he will wonder why no one told him to just shut up and play ball.

It is not as if someone somewhere (Brett, etal) never told him to shut up and play.

Danreb

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why does this guy always talk about his talent when all he does is get injured? Denver would utilize him if his *** was on the field. But is he? No. Stokley is getting all his ****.

umair

Cheesehead
Reaction score
musccy said:
cheesey said:
The guy is a PUTZ!!!

the best way for him to have a meltdown is the packers beating the cowboys. it will be fun to watch. :D

IGHPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Quote from Viking post.

well well, williamson just dropped a perfectly thrown ball from tarvaris jackson for a touchdown. if he isnt officially fired today ill be damn surprised. BUT it looks as though the redskins are going to win today so umm DAMN is all i can say

Can the Vikes possible have Walker to the right and Fergie to the left.

What a ring it would be. Just like "Dale to the left and Dollar to the right."

Wow! How great that would be for the Vikes who are hosting all of the other players that thought they had a better chance at a super bowl ring at Minnie. ( Sharper, longwell, Fergesen(sp) )

Living in Minn. and cheering for the Pack doesn't get any better.

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I too find it ironic that Sharper and Longwell thought that the way to the SuperBowl was through Minnesota. Ferguson got cut and simply signed with the only team that would take him. Those guys got exactly what they deserved, an early end to the season.

evad04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think people are overreacting a bit about Javon. He made a business decision. Favre is my hero... but Favre seemed to take a position against Javon, and that rallied the entire Packer nation AGAINST Javon. That seemed to hurt him. He didn't feel appreciated. Now he realizes he had a good thing. He wants back.

Seems pretty human and pretty understandable. Give the guy the benefit of the doubt.