High/Low vs. Consensus

H

HardRightEdge

Justice Hill has all the makings of a dynamic NFL RB. IMO he pushes Jones to the no.2 back before long. For a smaller guy he has some surprising power too.

He is on the LIST.
Here's a run down on Jones' injury history:

https://www.packersnews.com/story/s...ron-jones-injury-history-red-flag/1967988002/

That piece was written before Jones' knee sprain that sent him to IR after week 15.

In 2 seasons, Jones has had 249 touches and 3 knee sprains, 2 on his right knee and 1 on his left, missing 6 games. That's on top of missing all but two games at UTEP in 2015 with a broken ankle as noted in that link.

I don't see a guy like Justice Hill pushing Jones for starter snaps so much as his injury replacement. I also do not expect the Packers to draft a guy in this mold.

It was reported the Packers showed interest in Mark Ingram, a guy in the compact power back mold. Baltimore offering 3 yrs / $15.5 mil put a quick end to that. LaFleur got a lot of good mileage out Derrick Henry last season, a prototypical big power back. A power back addition is more likely in our future.

Behind Jones and Williams, the Packers currently have 4 RBs on the roster, none of whom should get anybody excited. The overall picture says a power back somewhere in the 3rd. round on down, probably day 3, or vet FA signing once the post-draft cut downs come in.

Looking at the draft prospect interview lists, the only RB name that shows up is Nick Brossette from LSU at the East-West Shrine Game. He's in the compact power back mold with a reasonably productive senior season, but athletic limitations make him a low round/UDFA flyer.

I'll say this much. If Gutekunst has his eye on a RB before the low rounds he's keeping it close to the vest. And indications are that any meaningful addition, draft or otherwise, will be in the power mode.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
When the Packers had their best offenses, they had somebody (Jordy) who could take the top off. That, was exactly what ran our offense. It was what allowed us to be beat Cover 1 defenses. That opens up the offense far more than a good slot, as we saw how even with Cobb in his prime, losing Jordy drastically changed our offense.

It actually worked THE BEST in 2011 with Jennings and Finley and a much faster Randal Cobb(then now). It has been regressing ever since with Jordy getting some long balls here and there.

Believe what the hell you want to believe in your little fiction world.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Here's a run down on Jones' injury history:

https://www.packersnews.com/story/s...ron-jones-injury-history-red-flag/1967988002/

That piece was written before Jones' knee sprain that sent him to IR after week 15.

In 2 seasons, Jones has had 249 touches and 3 knee sprains, 2 on his right knee and 1 on his left, missing 6 games. That's on top of missing all but two games at UTEP in 2015 with a broken ankle as noted in that link.

I don't see a guy like Justice Hill pushing Jones for starter snaps so much as his injury replacement. I also do not expect the Packers to draft a guy in this mold.

It was reported the Packers showed interest in Mark Ingram, a guy in the compact power back mold. Baltimore offering 3 yrs / $15.5 mil put a quick end to that. LaFleur got a lot of good mileage out Derrick Henry last season, a prototypical big power back. A power back addition is more likely in our future.

Behind Jones and Williams, the Packers currently have 4 RBs on the roster, none of whom should get anybody excited. The overall picture says a power back somewhere in the 3rd. round on down, probably day 3, or vet FA signing once the post-draft cut downs come in.

Looking at the draft prospect interview lists, the only RB name that shows up is Nick Brossette from LSU at the East-West Shrine Game. He's in the compact power back mold with a reasonably productive senior season, but athletic limitations make him a low round/UDFA flyer.

I'll say this much. If Gutekunst has his eye on a RB before the low rounds he's keeping it close to the vest. And indications are that any meaningful addition, draft or otherwise, will be in the power mode.

If it's POWER MODE then I believe LJ Scott would be a great get. He reminds me a lot of Chris Carson but is also a better receiver. I really believe they could address RB with him in 5th.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It actually worked THE BEST in 2011 with Jennings and Finley and a much faster Randal Cobb(then now). It has been regressing ever since with Jordy getting some long balls here and there.

Believe what the hell you want to believe in your little fiction world.

You're making my point for me...

That was the year Jordy broke out.

68/1260/15 18.6 ypc.

He led the team in all categories.

You think it's a coincidence that the offense exploded at the same time that Jordy did as a deep threat? The Packers under McCarthy/Rodgers have long been a vertical team, and Jordy was the key part to that. C'mon man. You wanna talk about the 2011 season, maybe you should include the team leader in ALL receiving categories.

**** man, Cobb went 25/375/1 that year. You're overstating his importance that year just a bit.

OP
OP
Dantés

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
You're making my point for me...

That was the year Jordy broke out.

68/1260/15 18.6 ypc.

He led the team in all categories.

You think it's a coincidence that the offense exploded at the same time that Jordy did as a deep threat? The Packers under McCarthy/Rodgers have long been a vertical team, and Jordy was the key part to that. C'mon man. You wanna talk about the 2011 season, maybe you should include the team leader in ALL receiving categories.

**** man, Cobb went 25/375/1 that year. You're overstating his importance that year just a bit.

This is the part where Brandon sees that he was mistaken and admits as much.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
The point to both of you is that was a different offense with an almost psychic relationship between Rodgers and Nelson(post 2012) in a McCarthy offense and man beater routes.

The offense was most explosive in 2011(with a loaded deck in the middle and across the board for that matter) and since then has regressed.

If you can't understand or take the time to understand LaFleur concepts then I don't have the time to explain the importance of having dynamic speed in the middle.

Also if you can't understand basic concepts of stretching and stressing the defense from the middle spend a day or two watching Chiefs Games.

I DON'T HAVE TIME FOR SIMPLETONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
You guys wanna build the offense the same way you like to build defenses. OUTSIDE TO INSIDE or BACK TO FRONT which is just so backwards and the FAILURE of the that direction has left us in shambles.

I would think years of failure on the defensive side and recent failure on the offensive side would of proven that by now.

I CAN'T BELIEVE I HAVE TO EXPLAIN THESE THINGS OVER AND OVER!

Reaction score
I think it’s probable GB picks at WR by #44 or sooner. It’s not necessarily going to be a slot receiver like everything thinks though.

OP
OP
Dantés

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
The clown who never shuts his crazy mouth because he's constantly screaming about drafting receivers is criticizing *other* people for wanting to build rosters outside in... You cannot make this stuff up.

Brandon, you're a train wreck-- albeit an entertaining one.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
The clown who never shuts his crazy mouth because he's constantly screaming about drafting receivers is criticizing *other* people for wanting to build rosters outside in... You cannot make this stuff up.

Brandon, you're a train wreck-- albeit an entertaining one.

Nooooooooo! That's only partly what I'm saying. The difference between myself and many is I understand DRAFT CAPITOL and ALLOTMENT of that capital when building a roster. At some point you have to roll with the guys you draft as that's just how the salary cap makes it work.

We missed the boat on an outside guy with passing up on Sutton last year along with drafting 3 OUTSIDE GUY'S in rounds 4-7. BY GOLLY, WE JUST HAD TO HAVE JOSH JACKSON AND OREN BURKS!!!! AND YESSSSSSS!. I like Sutton better then DK Metcalf! But what's done is done and now we have a glarring hole at the slot.

The perfect guy is probably going to be sitting there at 30. If Gute blows this I will never forgive him.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Dantés

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Nooooooooo! That's only partly what I'm saying. The difference between myself and many is I understand DRAFT CAPITOL and ALLOTMENT of that capital when building a roster. At some point you have to roll with the guys you draft as that's just how the salary cap makes it work.

We missed the boat on an outside guy with passing up on Sutton last year along with drafting 3 OUTSIDE GUY'S in rounds 4-7. BY GOLLY, WE JUST HAD TO HAVE JOSH JACKSON AND OREN BURKS!!!! AND YESSSSSSS!. I like Sutton better then DK Metcalf! But what's done is done and now we have a glarring hole at the slot.

The perfect guy is probably going to be sitting there at 30. If Gute blows this I will never forgive him.

The differences between you and "many" are many. Here are a few of them:

1. You contradict yourself constantly. "Many" don't do that.

2. You are typically laughably wrong. "Many" are not that wrong that often.

3. You think you have to beat every discussion into submission with your histrionics. "Many" aren't that stupid.

4. You really can't keep track with what others are saying. "Many" find that to be pretty easy.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score

3. You think you have to beat every discussion into submission with your histrionics. "Many" aren't that stupid.

4. You really can't keep track with what others are saying. "Many" find that to be pretty easy.

If I was WRONG the Packers would be far better then a 6-10 team and zero playoffs in two years along with collapses in previous seasons with a generational talent at QB. The talent aquisition for the most part is a league wide joke. Just about every failure of this franchise I HAVE PREDICTED. GO BACK AND READ THE POSTS. It's all there. I have ZERO to prove. You on the other hand don't have so great of a track record.

The fact is I'm right and I know I'm right so if the SMALL BRAINED ANIMALS of the world want to live in FANTASY LAND then go right ahead. It's a free country.

OP
OP
Dantés

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Brandon's like "Oh, you gonna call me CRAZY? Well let me post and leave absolutely no doubt!"

:roflmao::laugh::roflmao:

PackFan2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
High-ish
  • Daniel Jones, QB Duke
    • Pretty accurate but too many short passes. However, when given a chance he hit the majority of the big boy throws. Takes a hit and gets back up. Can see him going top ten to some team. QUICK RELEASE.
Low
  • Will Grier, QB West-Virginia
    • Poor throwing mechanics. Decent power. Eh.
  • Drew Lock, QB Mizzou
    • Good arm. Just doesn't wow me though. I like Jones over him.
Overall, every college QB is so hard to evaluate lol. They barely go under center, personal invites allows for team to see them under center.

I can see the hype on Kyler Murray. Kid definitely has the best arm in the draft and wheels to go with it. I can see coaches salivating over him, saying things like fix some mechanics with reading defenses and first-read options before running and he can be crazy good.

Dwyane Haskins is hard to project because of the talent around him. Smart, above average arm. Good release. Not crazy athletic. Will stand hall in the pocket.

1. Kyler Murray
2. Daniel Jones
3. Dwyane Haskins
4. Drew Lock

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score

That many huh?

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The fact is I'm right and I know I'm right so if the SMALL BRAINED ANIMALS of the world want to live in FANTASY LAND then go right ahead. It's a free country.
If you are correct, and you were correct on Sutton, it is lost in the condescending and insulting comments and the manner in which you present your ideas.

I'm not a 'small brained animal' and I dont appreciate being called such.

You appear not to be interested in talking Packers but your goal is to make all of us believe exactly what you do. It doesnt have to be that way.

Present your ideas, provide data, analyze, and then discuss. If people disagree accept that there are other opinions and not because everyone else is a small brained animal.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
And if they draft

12 Oliver/Wilkins
30 P. Campbell
2nd Chris Lindstrom
3rd Germaine Pratt
4th LJ Scott
4th Mike Bell

I will forget every bad thing I ever said about anyone on here.

OP
OP
Dantés

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
I can take it down a notch or two and I'm taking this Hockenson photo down after the draft.

OK. We will try to start over.

On the subject of the TE-- if they don't get Hockenson in the 1st, there are a number of later guys who I think would be workable for LaFleur. Knox, Warring, Moreau, Sample, and Wesco.

Ben Fennell had some great stuff on the position in LaFleur's offense the other day.

https://twitter.com/BenFennell_NFL/status/1116389014569979904

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Does this mean it’s safe to take in the entire thread from here forward, because it would be great if it was.

Members online

Latest posts