Heyward to IR

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers placed Casey Heyward on IR today. What a disappointing sophomore season following an outstanding rookie year.

NorthWestCheeseHead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers placed Casey Heyward on IR today. What a disappointing sophomore season following an outstanding rookie year.
Sucks, but the Sophomore Slump as it were affects a lot of players it seems. Worse still his was compounded by injury. Here's hoping he heals up nicely and preforms at a high level next season.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
It really sucks to have to tell fans of opposing teams that our IR could kick their IR's *** {neener neener}

Damn, this stopped being funny a couple of games ago already.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I was told SOME players are afraid of losing money, and losing their starting spot to others so they play hurt..These players try to fool the doctors...

He is probably one of those players

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I truly hope Brad Jones isn't one of those players because its pretty noticeable that he is still hurt.

I want to know how Lovat is fooling the decision makers into allowing him keep his job.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm not surprised. I had a suspicion he would be IR'ed once he sat for the first six weeks, and then re-injured it so soon after finally making his return. Sad thing is, and the part I find so frustrating is he didn't even injure it doing football related activities for the Packers- He injured it playing basketball with his friends in the ******* off-season.

<Irrational rant>
I recognize these guys have lives outside of football, but the selfish fan in me wants these guys to do whatever they have to in order to preserve their bodies so they can go to OTA's and training camp as healthy as they can be. Additionally, I'd be less frustrated with this injury had it happened while doing something to get better as a member of the Packers. Instead he hurt it while playing a bovine excrement game if basketball, and unfortunately, this is the type of injury that recurs throughout one's career, so we can look forward to more of this.
</Irrational rant>

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The frustration with injuries on this team continues. It's not enough to simply say that it happens and we're unlucky. The things that you can't control you recognize, but someone around here has to take charge of the things you can.

I for one won't accept another MM platitude like "we go thoroughly evaluate all of our coaching staff in the offseason" etc. etc. Those are just words. When for the fourth season in the row the Packers are tops (or among the top) in players missing time due to injuries, you can't just throw out the company line. There has to be more than just a "thorough evaluation".

One additional frustration for me is Derrick Sherrod. For weeks now we've been hearing that he is fully recovered, in shape and has practiced very well. He's been complemented for understanding his assignments and executing. Unless that is all just cheerleading, I have to ask when we are actually going to see this guy out there? And if he isn't playing then why? Is it because he isn't 100% recovered or he still needs some more practice? If so, stop throwing out false information and tell it like it is.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Actually, Sherrod played a handful of snaps with special teams last week. I'd look for his reps to increase as time goes on.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
Heyward didn’t have a chance to experience the sophomore slump. He was injured before the season started and the “sophomore slump” has nothing to do with injuries.

If Brad Jones is still injured, I hope it’s contagious: He had 11 tackles, 2 assists, 3 tackles for loss and one sack.

I hope Worthy is fully healthy and stronger than last season and I hope Richardson knows the defense like the back of his hand.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree with jack, no soph slump bc he was injured the majority of the season.

This team is several stars on defense away from competing for a SB. I hope to see some break out players next season and other players play their roles better. I suspect we have some stars that will blossom next season.

Members online

Latest posts