HEY!

DavidRusso

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hi everyone! My name is David Russo, I'm a die hard packers fan. I'm 24 years old and live in Wilmington, NC and have dreams of one day convincing my wife to move the family to Wisconsin. Slim dreams but dreams nonetheless. I have 2 kids as well, one being 3 years and the other being 3 months. I am a big fan of NY Met's baseball as well. I've tested a few forums and I found that this one was my favorite. The simplicity and the friendliness as well as others love for the Pack helped my decision. I sure hope to have a bunch of discussions with you all in the near future! Thanks for letting me join the team.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Welcome! If you want to move to WI, you'd better love lots of snow and bitter cold for a good portion of the year.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
live in Wilmington, NC and have dreams of one day convincing my wife to move the family to Wisconsin.
Welcome! If you want to move to WI, you'd better love lots of snow and bitter cold for a good portion of the year.
Dave, if you actually grew up in that area, you realize probably the coldest weather you lived in for any duration (more than a weekend) is what we are having right now. Trust me, there is nothing romantic about cuddling up with the wife again when it is going into the third week of subzero temperatures. When single digit temps feel comfy, winter has been tooooooo loooooong.

OP
OP
DavidRusso

DavidRusso

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was born and raised in Long Island, NY. So I know a little about cold weather, not as much as you guys, but I can handle it. My wife on the other hand was also born in NY but never wants to return. She despises cold weather. :( But if it means I can be closer to my Packers and go to some games, than i'll suck it up!

Robert Mason

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Welcome to our board. I live somewhat close to you in North Jersey. I have also had thoughts of relocating to the Green Bay area. After visiting three times I came to the conclusion that I probably could not adjust to the lack of conveniences, thinks to do that we have here in New Jersey and the bitter cold weather.

ls1bob

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Welcome David. There are some great guys on this site and it's a great forum. I'm just up the road from you,about an hour and a half away. Cheers to another Packer fan in NC:)

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Welcome to our board. I live somewhat close to you in North Jersey. I have also had thoughts of relocating to the Green Bay area. After visiting three times I came to the conclusion that I probably could not adjust to the lack of conveniences, thinks to do that we have here in New Jersey and the bitter cold weather.

My daughter got her Masters at Princeton and now lives with her husband in Hopewell, NJ. Far from you?

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
They've got heaters in the outhouses now and the politicians is promising something called running water soon. I don't rightly recon what that is but I hope it don't run as fast as muh cuzin.
What conveniences do you avail yourself of that don't exist within an hour of GreenBay? Do you actually do a FineArts performance on a regular basis?

OP
OP
DavidRusso

DavidRusso

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Welcome David. There are some great guys on this site and it's a great forum. I'm just up the road from you,about an hour and a half away. Cheers to another Packer fan in NC:)
That's awesome. What city? I've been searching for a Packer bar to watch the games but haven't been lucky to find one :(

Robert Mason

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hi everyone! My name is David Russo, I'm a die hard packers fan. I'm 24 years old and live in Wilmington, NC and have dreams of one day convincing my wife to move the family to Wisconsin. Slim dreams but dreams nonetheless. I have 2 kids as well, one being 3 years and the other being 3 months. I am a big fan of NY Met's baseball as well. I've tested a few forums and I found that this one was my favorite. The simplicity and the friendliness as well as others love for the Pack helped my decision. I sure hope to have a bunch of discussions with you all in the near future! Thanks for letting me join the team.

Have you ever visited the U.S.S. North Carolina BB55 ?

http://www.battleshipnc.com/

ls1bob

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That's awesome. What city? I've been searching for a Packer bar to watch the games but haven't been lucky to find one :(
I live just outside of Kinston which is northwest of Wilmington but me and my family go to Wilmington at least once a month. Fort Fisher aquarium is the best for NC by far and a lot history in Wilmington. Unfortunately no bars out here in the country to watch Packer games. It is usually me and my family, a grill, and some Miller Lites for me

OP
OP
DavidRusso

DavidRusso

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I live just outside of Kinston which is northwest of Wilmington but me and my family go to Wilmington at least once a month. Fort Fisher aquarium is the best for NC by far and a lot history in Wilmington. Unfortunately no bars out here in the country to watch Packer games. It is usually me and my family, a grill, and some Miller Lites for me
Well it doesn't get much better than that! Anytime you're down in Wilmington for a GB game we need to find a Packers spot!

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts