Hey Ted, where is the backup running back, and couldn't you.

de_real_deal

Cheesehead
Reaction score
the_truth said:
Ted, Where is the backup Running back? Last year we were so low on running backs that you had to bring in guys from another team.

and When Ron Wolf needed D- backs he drafted like 4 of them to see which ones would work out the best. and it wasn't the highest pick that worked out. now all you bring in is ONE. for a position of potential need, isn't that a little light?

But keep drafting all those QB's. its your message and slap in the face to your former HOF QB.

way to go Ted, you always show real class..

if class is some back alley in a junkyard district.

Quit while you're ahead. With every word, you show us all how ignorant you are. You show us how little you know about football and how little you know about the Packers.

In other words:

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

de_real_deal

Cheesehead
Reaction score
the_truth said:
Let me say that Great teams are made great by GREAT PLAYERS.

Right now, the Packers have an absence of GREAT PLAYERS.

and they now use a blocking system that has proven NOT TO WORK in cold weather.

and definitely not when you need one solid yard on a messy field.

Ted Thompson makes a safe draft. Mike Hunt said the same in the paper this morning.

But he doesn't have GREAT PLAYERS.

and it will show on the field this year.

and he snubbed his best player for his own boy.

without a star none of your other players rise to the occasion.

Tell me that Aaron Rodgers has the rocks to get into a wide receivers face if he doesn't run the correct routes. Or a lineman that doesn't complete his block.

or the ability to hit the 5th choice on a pass play.

because Rodgers doesn't have it.

The Packers were within a quarter of playing in the Superbowl last year.

I highly doubt that they will win the weakest division in Football this year.

thats' the truth.

Cool, so go root for the Lions since they have all the "superstars"

OP
OP
T

the_truth

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Re: Hey Ted, where is the backup running back, and couldn't

With his nine picks, the only position in which Thompson wanted to add a player but failed was running back, where there's reason to question whether the Packers have a legitimate backup for Ryan Grant.

from todays Green Bay Press gazette.

Hmmmm.

I guess that I was not far off WAS I?

Since69

Cheesehead
Reaction score
t_t, what do you know about Aaron Rodgers "rocks"?

Nothing, that's what. Which is exactly how much you know about the players in this years' draft.

Listen - I'm no better. I'm not a scout. I don't interview and evaluate players. I don't work for the Packers and therefore I have no more idea than any other fan what the team needs and doesn't need.

The difference is that I recognize my ignorance.

Blast TT all you want, but he took us from a 4-12 train wreck to the NFC Championship game in 2 years. And - surprise, surprise! - he did it without doing all the things that the average fan "knows" is the right thing to do.

The average NFL "draft guru" reads three post-combine draft magazines and immediately thinks he knows what's best for his team. Take it from me - until you've actually scouted players and worked for an NFL front office - you don't know squat.

Take de_real_deal's advice (which is the same as mine, incidentally): go root for a team that made all the "right" decisions this weekend.

A1MEANGREEN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
the_truth said:

Ted Thompson makes a safe draft. Mike Hunt said the same in the paper this morning.

Tell me that Aaron Rodgers has the rocks to get into a wide receivers face if he doesn't run the correct routes. Or a lineman that doesn't complete his block.

thats' the truth.
:sucks: i think we have heard all the crap we need to hear on this

trippster

Cheesehead
Reaction score
living in Minnesota I am sure he already roots for another team. However, he posts on Packer forums to get everyone riled up and create descention. However it won't work Einstein.

I am impressed however, in two posts you have clearly stated you position of that of an uninformed individual. Some call that person an idiot.

I would certianly enter into cerebral warfare however, it is my ethics never to do that to an unarmed man.

You have more dribble coming out of your mouth than a child with rabies.

Bertram

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He snubbed Brett Favre for Rodgers? Brett Favre decided to retire, he's 38 years old, if you didn't know, players in the NFL doesn't usually play that long. Favre has had a long career and chose to hang it up, let it go.

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey, Truth....quit listening to "Mike Hunt"...you would have far fewer awkward and embarrassing wake ups with total strangers after a night at the bars.

Wow....Mike Hunt said so, so it must be true.....that degree in journalism really did prepare him for the role of GM in pro football!!!

What a joke.......

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You all need to read the book The Natural. There were fans who actually were happier when their team was doing poorly because they lived to criticize. When the team got good, they all left.

I'm not an expert at psychology, so I can't explain this phenomenon. But 'twas a good read if you never read the book.

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
the_truth said:

thats' the truth.

CONGRATULATIONS!

Fifteen lines in only your 12th post.

Granted it's Fifteen lines of crap but hey.

By the way I thought we agreed we weren't going to bring back old posts. Let me ask you does this not look like an '05 post to anyone here?

But of course Houston got A. Green. Damn Texans. Remember the Alamo...er, remember BRETT FAVRE.....er, remember how BAD we were three years ago?

So, just so I get this right. We went from 4-12 to winning 18 of the last 22 because why again? Because Brett Favre just got that much better I guess......I mean after all there's no PLAYERS out there, right?

You call yourself "the truth". You want the truth well here it is. TT only made GM of YEAR because he hasn't been around long enough for GM of the FREAKING CENTURY.

Man, it takes one of these to get me back in the game. That's actually pretty sad on my part.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score

the_truth said:

thats' the truth.

CONGRATULATIONS!

By the way I thought we agreed we weren't going to bring back old posts. Let me ask you does this not look like an '05 post to anyone here?

But of course Houston got A. Green. Damn Texans. Remember the Alamo...er, remember BRETT FAVRE.....er, remember how BAD we were three years ago?

So, just so I get this right. We went from 4-12 to winning 18 of the last 22 because why again? Because Brett Favre just got that much better I guess......I mean after all there's no PLAYERS out there, right?

You call yourself "the truth". You want the truth well here it is. TT only made GM of YEAR because he hasn't been around long enough for GM of the FREAKING CENTURY.

Man, it takes one of these to get me back in the game. That's actually pretty sad on my part.

HE'S BACK!!!

Its good to see that name again. common sense is making a comeback on this website.

IronMan

Cheesehead
Reaction score

the_truth said:

thats' the truth.

CONGRATULATIONS!

Thats how Fuzznuts always posts:

CaliforniaCheez...

To answer your question...NO!

This has been gone over and over, but if you can't accept the truth, then I can't help you!

But, I'll let Bruce explain it to you, again!

Sorry Bozz..but that's a still picture.

How do you know where his eyes were "locked" on Driver the whole time?

He could have been looking the other way before throwing to Driver...

Also, if he's throwing to a spot on the field, how do you know that he wasn't trying to throw to Driver's outside shoulder and he didn't get enough on it, the wind knocked it down..or whatever?

The point the other poster was making was that Favre should have known who was going to be "open", before they were open, which is ludacris...or snoop dog..or whatever..

No they didn't.

The Giants' kicker couldn't put the game away twice on easy FG's....

That's what took it to OT.

We should have lost EARLIER!

That's' hysterical...and cute!

I demand to see where you criticized TT because I don't believe it!

The bad TT was in 05 and a little in 06 when he was signing guys like Gardner, Boreigter, and Taco Wallace....

Also, when he thought that Guards were expendable.....

But he did turn it around...but he's not perfect. We could use some tweaking...

Sorry, if I misjudged you RP...

I was just going by what I remember from your prior posts.

If I was wrong...then I am wrong.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I agree with the point of the post. I would have liked to see a RB drafted as well

I don't know if that's really the point of the post. Just the title.

I do think GB should of taken a chance on a RB. Even though I'm not fairly high on him as a pro, Mike Hart with that 5th round pick would've made some sense.

Regardless McCarthy has done nothing but praise Brandon Jackson and his work ethic saying he's the most improved player that he's seen in the weight room. Hopefully that translates to the field.

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
While I was a little curious why they didn't take a flyer with the last pick on someone like Tony Temple of Mizzu.. scat back type with good recieving skills.. I think they like the 1 - 2 combo of Grant and Jackson.. plus then the others on the roster..

They added a couple of flyers as UDFA.. and I think they may be on the lookout for post draft cutdowns or maybe someone like Kevin Jones who was just released by Detroit..

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
We will be taking a flyer on Alexander.

Could be.. all depends on how much coin he is going to want in return..

Maybe he will take a one year deal at a reduced price to re-prove himself.. then ante up Ted.

PackOne

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like a former MVP, veteran, that has played in big games - even if he rides the pine. Invaluable teacher.

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
CONGRATULATIONS!

WOOOOO HOOOOOO!!!!

I haven't been this excited about someone's return since black and white-clad Sting dropped into the middle of the ring wielding a black baseball bat while the nWo was running amock and started wailing on the bunch of cheap-shot artists....

Welcome back, war. Good to see that screen name again. :D

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score

Zero2Cool said:
Hello, my name is Kevin. I am not Ted but perhaps I can answer this for you.

Ryan Grant, starter
Brandon Jackson, backup
DeShawn Wynn, backup

and I suspect we carry a fourth RB who will probably be a undrafted FA or Noah Herron. This person will be a special teams player.

I say we end up activating three of them, changing between Wynn and Jackson with Herron being the 3rd down back.

Zero, my friend.
You forgot Morency. We just paid him almost a million, so I imagine someone sees some value in him. I thought he was good on STs.

Brandon Jackson in game 17 rushed for 113 yards on 20 carries.
Wynn rushed for 203 yards and 4 TDs before getting injured. he should be 100% next year.
Morency turned out to be a big disappointment, and I imagine he'll be on the hot seat.
Noah Herron as far as I know is still a Green Bay Packer.

I think we're good at RB. We might pick one up in FA if we haven't already. I haven't checked yet.

I thought Vernand Morency was a Free Agent. But you are right, "On April 3, 2008 the Packers re-signed him to a one-year, $927,000 contract." :)

I think Grant, Jackson, Wynn are 'locks' as of right now. Herron and Morency will battle it out for 3rd down back.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score

PackOne said:
We will be taking a flyer on Alexander.

Could be.. all depends on how much coin he is going to want in return..

Maybe he will take a one year deal at a reduced price to re-prove himself.. then ante up Ted.

Nah. Let him get his 3.4 yards per carry elsewhere.

I'm willing to bet our top 3 backs get 4.0+ ypc.

Members online

Latest posts