1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Hey Ted, where is the backup running back, and couldn't you.

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by the_truth, Apr 27, 2008.

1. de_real_deal

de_real_deal Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Quit while you're ahead. With every word, you show us all how ignorant you are. You show us how little you know about football and how little you know about the Packers.

In other words:

[​IMG]

2. de_real_deal

de_real_deal Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Cool, so go root for the Lions since they have all the "superstars"

3. the_truth

the_truth Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Re: Hey Ted, where is the backup running back, and couldn't

With his nine picks, the only position in which Thompson wanted to add a player but failed was running back, where there's reason to question whether the Packers have a legitimate backup for Ryan Grant.

from todays Green Bay Press gazette.

Hmmmm.

I guess that I was not far off WAS I?

4. Since69

Since69 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    t_t, what do you know about Aaron Rodgers "rocks"?

Nothing, that's what. Which is exactly how much you know about the players in this years' draft.

Listen - I'm no better. I'm not a scout. I don't interview and evaluate players. I don't work for the Packers and therefore I have no more idea than any other fan what the team needs and doesn't need.

The difference is that I recognize my ignorance.

Blast TT all you want, but he took us from a 4-12 train wreck to the NFC Championship game in 2 years. And - surprise, surprise! - he did it without doing all the things that the average fan "knows" is the right thing to do.

The average NFL "draft guru" reads three post-combine draft magazines and immediately thinks he knows what's best for his team. Take it from me - until you've actually scouted players and worked for an NFL front office - you don't know squat.

Take de_real_deal's advice (which is the same as mine, incidentally): go root for a team that made all the "right" decisions this weekend.

5. A1MEANGREEN

A1MEANGREEN Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +5
    :sucks: i think we have heard all the crap we need to hear on this

6. trippster

trippster Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    living in Minnesota I am sure he already roots for another team. However, he posts on Packer forums to get everyone riled up and create descention. However it won't work Einstein.

I am impressed however, in two posts you have clearly stated you position of that of an uninformed individual. Some call that person an idiot.

I would certianly enter into cerebral warfare however, it is my ethics never to do that to an unarmed man.

You have more dribble coming out of your mouth than a child with rabies.

7. Bertram

Bertram Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    He snubbed Brett Favre for Rodgers? Brett Favre decided to retire, he's 38 years old, if you didn't know, players in the NFL doesn't usually play that long. Favre has had a long career and chose to hang it up, let it go.

8. digsthepack

digsthepack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Hey, Truth....quit listening to "Mike Hunt"...you would have far fewer awkward and embarrassing wake ups with total strangers after a night at the bars.

Wow....Mike Hunt said so, so it must be true.....that degree in journalism really did prepare him for the role of GM in pro football!!!

What a joke.......

9. MassPackersFan

MassPackersFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    You're right, there is no way in hell they win the NFC West.

10. A1MEANGREEN

A1MEANGREEN Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +5
    :rotflmao: now thats the real truth :yeah:

11. Zombieslayer

Zombieslayer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    You all need to read the book The Natural. There were fans who actually were happier when their team was doing poorly because they lived to criticize. When the team got good, they all left.

I'm not an expert at psychology, so I can't explain this phenomenon. But 'twas a good read if you never read the book.

12. warhawk

warhawk Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +38
    CONGRATULATIONS!

Fifteen lines in only your 12th post.

Granted it's Fifteen lines of crap but hey.

By the way I thought we agreed we weren't going to bring back old posts. Let me ask you does this not look like an '05 post to anyone here?

But of course Houston got A. Green. Damn Texans. Remember the Alamo...er, remember BRETT FAVRE.....er, remember how BAD we were three years ago?

So, just so I get this right. We went from 4-12 to winning 18 of the last 22 because why again? Because Brett Favre just got that much better I guess......I mean after all there's no PLAYERS out there, right?

You call yourself "the truth". You want the truth well here it is. TT only made GM of YEAR because he hasn't been around long enough for GM of the FREAKING CENTURY.

Man, it takes one of these to get me back in the game. That's actually pretty sad on my part.

13. trippster

trippster Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    Welcome back Warhawk. I've missed ya!

14. Packnic

Packnic Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +6

HE'S BACK!!!

Its good to see that name again. common sense is making a comeback on this website.

15. IronMan

IronMan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +8

Thats how Fuzznuts always posts:

16. KGB94SACKEM

KGB94SACKEM Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I agree with the point of the post. I would have liked to see a RB drafted as well

17. porky88

porky88 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0

I don't know if that's really the point of the post. Just the title.

I do think GB should of taken a chance on a RB. Even though I'm not fairly high on him as a pro, Mike Hart with that 5th round pick would've made some sense.

Regardless McCarthy has done nothing but praise Brandon Jackson and his work ethic saying he's the most improved player that he's seen in the weight room. Hopefully that translates to the field.

18. Pack93z

Pack93z You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime

Ratings:
    +22
    While I was a little curious why they didn't take a flyer with the last pick on someone like Tony Temple of Mizzu.. scat back type with good recieving skills.. I think they like the 1 - 2 combo of Grant and Jackson.. plus then the others on the roster..

They added a couple of flyers as UDFA.. and I think they may be on the lookout for post draft cutdowns or maybe someone like Kevin Jones who was just released by Detroit..

19. PackOne

PackOne Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    We will be taking a flyer on Alexander.

20. Pack93z

Pack93z You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime

Ratings:
    +22
    Could be.. all depends on how much coin he is going to want in return..

Maybe he will take a one year deal at a reduced price to re-prove himself.. then ante up Ted.

21. PackOne

PackOne Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    I like a former MVP, veteran, that has played in big games - even if he rides the pine. Invaluable teacher.

22. pack_in_black

pack_in_black Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0

WOOOOO HOOOOOO!!!!

I haven't been this excited about someone's return since black and white-clad Sting dropped into the middle of the ring wielding a black baseball bat while the nWo was running amock and started wailing on the bunch of cheap-shot artists....

Welcome back, war. Good to see that screen name again. :D

23. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8
    war-freaking-hawk > All

24. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8

I thought Vernand Morency was a Free Agent. But you are right, "On April 3, 2008 the Packers re-signed him to a one-year, $927,000 contract." :)

I think Grant, Jackson, Wynn are 'locks' as of right now. Herron and Morency will battle it out for 3rd down back.

25. Zombieslayer

Zombieslayer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0

Nah. Let him get his 3.4 yards per carry elsewhere.

I'm willing to bet our top 3 backs get 4.0+ ypc.