Hey Ted, where is the backup running back, and couldn't you.

the_truth

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ted, Where is the backup Running back? Last year we were so low on running backs that you had to bring in guys from another team.

and When Ron Wolf needed D- backs he drafted like 4 of them to see which ones would work out the best. and it wasn't the highest pick that worked out. now all you bring in is ONE. for a position of potential need, isn't that a little light?

But keep drafting all those QB's. its your message and slap in the face to your former HOF QB.

way to go Ted, you always show real class..

if class is some back alley in a junkyard district.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Hello, my name is Kevin. I am not Ted but perhaps I can answer this for you.

Ryan Grant, starter
Brandon Jackson, backup
DeShawn Wynn, backup

and I suspect we carry a fourth RB who will probably be a undrafted FA or Noah Herron. This person will be a special teams player.

I say we end up activating three of them, changing between Wynn and Jackson with Herron being the 3rd down back.

bigfog

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Re: Hey Ted, where is the backup running back, and couldn't

It'll be ok champ. Here, have some ice cream, it'll make you feel better.

[align=center]
You must be logged in to see this image or video!
[/align]

wischeez

Cheesehead
Reaction score

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

OP
OP
T

the_truth

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Ryan Grant, starter
Brandon Jackson, backup
DeShawn Wynn, backup

and I suspect we carry a fourth RB who will probably be a undrafted FA or Noah Herron. This person will be a special teams player.

I say we end up activating three of them, changing between Wynn and Jackson with Herron being the 3rd down back.

Ryan Grant, the jury is still out...

Brandon Jackson and DeShawn Wynn... Who?

the BRANDON JACKSON? THE DESHAWN WYNN? Potential first day cuts on any team, those two running backs?

Call me when Jackson and Wynn make the Packer HOF. I will take you out to dinner.

or I can call you when they are cut, and you can take me out to dinner.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score

the_truth said:

Ryan Grant, starter
Brandon Jackson, backup
DeShawn Wynn, backup

the BRANDON JACKSON? THE DESHAWN WYNN? Potential first day cuts on any team, those two running backs?

Call me when Jackson and Wynn make the Packer HOF. I will take you out to dinner.

From this last comment you must not be a retread here at PF.com because you would know I hold people accountable for their word, ;)

Brandon Jackson, we drafted him last year, 2nd round.
College, Nebraska 5'10" - 212 lbs.

DeShawn Wynn, we drafted him last year, 7th round.
College, Florida 5'10" - 232 lbs.

That is who. Glad I could be of assistance to you and spread some knowledge. Soak it up!

Keep in mind you questioned who our backups were, not who the next HoF RB was going to be. I answered your question.

gopackgo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
the_truth said:
Ted, Where is the backup Running back? Last year we were so low on running backs that you had to bring in guys from another team.

and When Ron Wolf needed D- backs he drafted like 4 of them to see which ones would work out the best. and it wasn't the highest pick that worked out. now all you bring in is ONE. for a position of potential need, isn't that a little light?

But keep drafting all those QB's. its your message and slap in the face to your former HOF QB.

way to go Ted, you always show real class..

if class is some back alley in a junkyard district.

This is satire at its finest. Keep up the good work, t_t!

Bertram

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DeShawn Wynn looked pretty damn good for a 7th rounder last year, I believe if he can get his act together and play through some pain, he is a potential starter.

Brandon Jackson didn't look that good early on, but I think he progressed nicely and I'm excited about him this season.

Ryan Grant is a clear cut starter, he's a solid traditional RB that will get the yardage. With even more experience at hand as a starter I think he will be our workhorse.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Ryan Grant, starter
Brandon Jackson, backup
DeShawn Wynn, backup

Zero, my friend.
You forgot Morency. We just paid him almost a million, so I imagine someone sees some value in him. I thought he was good on STs.

Brandon Jackson in game 17 rushed for 113 yards on 20 carries.
Wynn rushed for 203 yards and 4 TDs before getting injured. he should be 100% next year.
Morency turned out to be a big disappointment, and I imagine he'll be on the hot seat.
Noah Herron as far as I know is still a Green Bay Packer.

I think we're good at RB. We might pick one up in FA if we haven't already. I haven't checked yet.

Danreb

Cheesehead
Reaction score

the_truth said:
Zero2Cool said:

Ryan Grant, starter
Brandon Jackson, backup
DeShawn Wynn, backup

From this last comment you must not be a retread here at PF.com because you would know I hold people accountable for their word, ;)

Brandon Jackson, we drafted him last year, 2nd round.
College, Nebraska 5'10" - 212 lbs.

DeShawn Wynn, we drafted him last year, 7th round.
College, Florida 5'10" - 232 lbs.

That is who. Glad I could be of assistance to you and spread some knowledge. Soak it up!

Keep in mind you questioned who our backups were, not who the next HoF RB was going to be. I answered your question.

Word. You don't just draft a guy and give up on them the following year. That's called a BAD INVESTMENT.

Not to mention this is the ZBS. If the line does it right, any RB can run behind it. Or are you gonna tell me you need a good RB to do it right?

If that's the case, I'm pointing at Olandis Gary, Tatum Bell, and T.J. Duckett.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've said this before in another thread but I'll say it again here.

I initially wrote off Brandon Jackson as a bust, but later on in the season, I saw his talents emerging and I now sincerely think he will be a heck of a #2 RB.

Wynn, if he stays healthy, will be our bruiser. Wynn is a beast. His problem is mental. He has God-given talent and maybe a year on IR will teach him to take it more seriously.

Morency's on his last year as Packer unless he can impress. I'm guessing he'll be replaced by a draft pick in '09.

Herron will be back in '08, but like Morency, his time as a Packer may be limited.

If Grant is healthy, he will easily surpass 1200+ yards and 8 TDs on the ground.

Barring injuries, our running game will be fine. The main thing is I hope Grant stays healthy in '08 so he can take pressure off of Aaron.

arrowgargantuan

Cheesehead
Reaction score

This is satire at its finest. Keep up the good work, t_t!

i think you're on to something gopackgo.

he's manipulating emotions like the Godfather. either that, or he's really, really stupid.

Bertram

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Draft picks are long term investments, drafting by need is a bad strategy, and we've had our share of it while Sherman was drafting, it didn't exactly land us top players..

Aytumious

Cheesehead
Reaction score

You said you were from Packers forum right truth? What was your name there?

He posted as "the truth" on the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel boards before they were shut down. He also got a few posts in on RealGM, but that ended quickly.

He's a grade A moron and a grade A troll. The funny thing is, if he isn't banned, he'll create some of the longest threads on here and he usually only makes the initial post.

A1MEANGREEN

Cheesehead
Reaction score

BryanAschenbrenner said:
You said you were from Packers forum right truth? What was your name there?

He posted as "the truth" on the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel boards before they were shut down. He also got a few posts in on RealGM, but that ended quickly.

He's a grade A moron and a grade A troll. The funny thing is, if he isn't banned, he'll create some of the longest threads on here and he usually only makes the initial post.[/quote
i remember him from Milwaukee Journal Sentinel boards also

Bertram

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Patty "Why am I not the GM of the Packers" over at Packerchatters is saying Ted mad mistake after mistake and blunders in every round on day 2.

I don't believe it to be the case.

A1MEANGREEN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Patty "Why am I not the GM of the Packers" over at Packerchatters is saying Ted mad mistake after mistake and blunders in every round on day 2.

I don't believe it to be the case.

how can they tell whats gonna happen i think we done a pretty good job but thats my thought on the matter. you never know what will happen

OP
OP
T

the_truth

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Let me say that Great teams are made great by GREAT PLAYERS.

Right now, the Packers have an absence of GREAT PLAYERS.

and they now use a blocking system that has proven NOT TO WORK in cold weather.

and definitely not when you need one solid yard on a messy field.

Ted Thompson makes a safe draft. Mike Hunt said the same in the paper this morning.

But he doesn't have GREAT PLAYERS.

and it will show on the field this year.

and he snubbed his best player for his own boy.

without a star none of your other players rise to the occasion.

Tell me that Aaron Rodgers has the rocks to get into a wide receivers face if he doesn't run the correct routes. Or a lineman that doesn't complete his block.

or the ability to hit the 5th choice on a pass play.

because Rodgers doesn't have it.

The Packers were within a quarter of playing in the Superbowl last year.

I highly doubt that they will win the weakest division in Football this year.

thats' the truth.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts