Hey Ted......do this

Beab66

Cheesehead
Reaction score
From the website Southendzone.com I pulled this draft info. (they have all the picks from 1936 to present)

1995 round pick name
1. 35 Craig Newsome
2. 65 Darius Holland
3. 66 William Henderson
3. 73 Brian Williams
3. 90 Antonio Freeman
7. 230 Adam Timmerman
Trading down isn't such a bad idea if we can land value like this in the middle rounds. Then again, we could get (shudder) this:

round pick name 2001
1. 10 Reynolds
2. 41 Ferguson
3. 71 Jue
3. 72 Marshall
4 105 Ferrario
6 198 D. Martin

We may be only a year away from respectibility, but lets hope Ted either is good or gets lucky and finds 1995 instead of 2001.

ChuckSTG

Cheesehead
Reaction score
True that, I loved newsome. I think he had some kind of bad injury. That 2001 draft was conducted my the shermanator...enough said.

net

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ya, lay that egg in Wolf's nest. Newsome got into some trouble with the law, as I remember.

Regarding trading down: There's a fine line between a bust and savior in the top part of the first round.

The agents(and fans) have hyped the draft to the point that these college kids are demanding more than the risk is worth.

I would trade out of the first round every year to pick up two players later. Your chances of getting good players are better than a hit or miss on a great player.

Much of it also is the team the player lands with. You will notice some of the busts rehab their careers with other teams that are built more toward the skills of that player.

As an exercise sometime, go down the rosters of any NFL club. You will find that the teams are mainly players from rounds 2-6 and free agents. Numerically, of course you have a higher probability with more rounds, but you would think the "can't misses' in the first round would be around. They often aren't, or they are backups somewhere else.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
rabidgopher04 said:
Whatever happened to Craig Newsome anyway? I thought he was awesome. I used to call him Gruesome Newsome.

He got hurt, then cut/traded or something. Landed in SF and got busted for possesion of weed and I hadn't heard much about him since. He was one of my more favorite players for a few years. Well, a year or two lol

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
net said:
Ya, lay that egg in Wolf's nest. Newsome got into some trouble with the law, as I remember.

Regarding trading down: There's a fine line between a bust and savior in the top part of the first round.

The agents(and fans) have hyped the draft to the point that these college kids are demanding more than the risk is worth.

I would trade out of the first round every year to pick up two players later. Your chances of getting good players are better than a hit or miss on a great player.

Much of it also is the team the player lands with. You will notice some of the busts rehab their careers with other teams that are built more toward the skills of that player.

As an exercise sometime, go down the rosters of any NFL club. You will find that the teams are mainly players from rounds 2-6 and free agents. Numerically, of course you have a higher probability with more rounds, but you would think the "can't misses' in the first round would be around. They often aren't, or they are backups somewhere else.

Totally agree, here --- I have one of those Packer audio tapes of all the great moments, and Craig has a highlight in there - mixed in with a bunch of pretty good songs, even if I say so myself.

ANY CLUB.... has the same issue and the same type of fans... pointing out exactly the same problem(s)....

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts