1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Hey Ryan, are you kidding or are you as stupid as you look?

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by Steel Wheels, Aug 15, 2005.

1. Ryan

Ryan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    Thanks everyone for the support and of course your use of the forum! We try to keep everyone happy like I always say, but sometimes, we just can't do it.

I agree with you P@CK, I certainly love seeing different view points. I think Arrow mentioned, that even though you have different view points no one is in a hurry to ban you. Also a great point, that even though you have different views on situations you do it with class and candor, something that makes a more pessimistic view easier to take and appreciate by all the optimists. I thought that it was great that SW has a different view on a lot of things packers related. I was even starting to see some of his points (I wasn't flying an I hate Sherman banner yet but you get the idea) I certainly didn't ban him for that. (btw P@CK if you are reading this, it's not directed to you or anything, just wanted to say I was agreeing with you). I was going to ban him for a couple days to let him chill, then before I could even type that out he was "f'ing" this, that, me, the forum etc in another thread he started to just state that. That ticked me off and he was done. If anyone is mad at how I or my mods run the site, simply pm me, email me, start a thread in the questions area etc. Talk to me about it, banning people isn't what I want to do. Then again if you go postal an start posting crazy crap like SW did I have no regrets tossing your tail to the curb.

2. Bruce

Bruce Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    GOOD RIDDENS TO BAD RUBBISH

Ryan, you did the right thing.

Chase has been tossed from many forums over the years. It is never for his differing opinions that he has been tossed nor why I gave up on him a long time ago. In some forums he would fill pages with profane rants. A couple of years ago I tried to stand up FOR him only to have him go postal on me when he crossed the line one to many times. Then he would take to using my (and other legit posters)name and adding a . to the end -- like Bruce. JohnnyBlood. Net. DePack. and post profane and hateful posts. People who were regulars would very quickly see through, but casual and new posters would get drawn into thinking it was the person. This is only one of his many insane and outrageous stunts he used to pull. He is so obsessed he would change carriers to get back on to a site and re-emerge with a new handle only to fall back to his insane ways and be identified.

The worst part of his behavior is he usually took down a few good posters along the way -- some leaving in disgust and others banned because they got caught up in fighting back. Hating Sherman is not grounds for being shunned or banned, being a pessimist and predicting failure is not reason enough. But his insane and profane temper tantrums eventually have led to him being tossed. It was inevitable that he would have to get himself tossed. I honestly believe he is seriously and presistently mentally ill.

3. all about da packers

all about da packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Ryan, As bruce mentioned, I would not rule out the possibility of SW changing internet companies and coming back on here to be a jerk. However, you must know a great deal about computers, and I would believe there would be a way you could ban him permanently.

4. net

net Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +50
    Ryan,

Small sample of what the NC site was like. 50% of the time it had nothing to do with Packers football. They even had an area where you could go bang each other and still the forum was like this.

5. carol k

carol k Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I, for one, personally agree with Ryan. I see no reason for some of the articles printed by that guy, and his attitude was unbelievable. I think I may be the oldest person on this board, and some of the language really gets to me. Thanks Ryan. By the way, you must have the patience of a saint for all the guff you put up with that guy before banning him. Thanks, too, for the great site.

6. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8
    It's impossible to completely ban someone who is determined to get past it. New name, new email, new ISP, new nic card and you have yourself a very clean slate.

7. IPBprez

IPBprez Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +5
    AG's right - you can have differing opinions without defaming a person's presence in here like their Locker shouldn't be in the "Kool" area on the 2nd Floor in High School -- that type of tactical approach is as lame as it gets... ADULTS should (and do) know better.... Especially if they're raising kids themselves.. You leave the High School social tactics at the door when you graduate - or get lost in the shuffle.... trying to re-create a childish social scenario is pathetic.

Steel brought a few good (and valid) talking points to the Forum... but, only a few!
    Thei difference here is he chattered on like he would be the better option to run the Show on the sidelines - and he would NOT be that person. If he was, then he'd already be in the business doing it. One wonders how he gets along with his brethren in the workplace.....

RYAN did exactly what he should have done - Steel isn't in charge here. If he wants to be the Controller of over people's attitudes, let him go start his own Forum. Amazing how a person will mouth off, but when you make the expectation that "they" lead by example... well, suddenly they are nowhere to be found or making all sorts of excuses or doing the flip-flop dance.... simply amazing.

In an effort to be sure we still get differing opinions on issues - the rest of us can certainly bring that off - without the hate speech being a part of it. That tactic is always lame... Smart people see it and walk away from it.

Good job Ryan - Hopefully, that'll be the only one who lowers the level in here like that.... Maybe, for the interim, you should sticky this thread for the season so others who join can do a quick read and understand the manners expected. It's one thing to question a situation.... that's okay - but finding fault in others to prove a point? Others who post here? Why is that necessary? That speaks of another agenda entirely and everyone here knows it. It becomes off-topic... and should be considered wrong!

JMHO - and I'm entitled to it!

8. digsthepack

digsthepack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    WOW...enjoyable football discussions without that gnat flitting around the forum.

Thanks for sprayin' the Raid, Ryan!

9. Ryan

Ryan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    Blocking by the network portion of his address with wildcards for the host portion will take care of it. If you are so determined to get on the site to switch isp's then go ahead and I will block that network portion too. Eventually I will get it covered. Or if you really want to get down to it, I can look up the major router for your network segmant in your city and block that. It may block possible other fans/users but if they aren't current users then no love lost. Just depends how much work you want to put into it and how many other people you want to block at the same time.

10. Obi1

Obi1 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Ryan,

Thank you.

I sent you a PM about the discussions I had with the admin of a previous forum that he used to haunt.

That might help divert his tactics.

Again, thank you.

11. PackerTraxx

PackerTraxx Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    One can disagree or have a different point of view, but there is no need for personal attacks or name calling. People with any intelligence should be able to discuss their differences civilly and may have to agree to disagree, but there is no reason for namecalling, profanity or other such attacks.

It is very detrimental to have that go on in a forum. Some people may not mind, but I believe most people don't want to put up with it. It also keeps some very good people from posting because they are afraid of being attacked. Others who would like to learn more are afraid to post and ask questions for the same reason.

Anyway it looks like this episode is over. Kudos to Ryan and the mods for a job well done.

12. Ryan

Ryan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    No one should ever be afraid to post here. even if someone lays into you (for no reason) 1.)remember they are attacking you through words on a web page, are they REALLY that bad a$$? 2.) Myself or a mod will clean up their post as soon as we see it or as soon as it's reported. I certainly don't want people afraid to ask questions about the site or the team, that's what the site it for!

13. Chamuko

Chamuko Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    SW misused his freedom of speech, freedom of speech doesnt give you freedom to offend and Chase has been banned from a lot of other forums.. He has never got anything positive to say he was allways ofending others and trying to start fights over the forum... Well done Ryan... I wouldnt like to have that kind of guys in my party !!!!

14. TOPackerFan

TOPackerFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Wow! A Chase-less forum. Great day!

15. digsthepack

digsthepack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I feel for the folks over at packerchatters....his probable next victim group....unless, of course, he has already been banned from there as well!!

16. sixone220

sixone220 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    i looked into this topic and saw he was banned but only for a few days and was disappointed but then scrolled down and the news got better. nice work ryan.

this guy sounds like a real mental case to being switching ISP's and stuff. crazy.

17. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8
    Tell that to my e-jackknife!!

18. IPBprez

IPBprez Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +5
    E-jacknife? Whoa....! Are we being subjected to searches like the airlines? j/k

Usually they melt like ice cream in the Sun.

19. Ryan

Ryan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1

"E-Searches"

20. IPBprez

IPBprez Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +5
    George Orwell, here we come!

21. sixone220

sixone220 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    you gotta quit with the one liners slick. you been crackin me up lately. :lol:

22. Ryan

Ryan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    Yeah sometimes he can get on a roll, it's pretty funny stuff. That and when he responds sometimes he is at work so he can only pound out a quick one liner so he doesn't get in trouble.

23. Greg C.

Greg C. Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Ryan: I cannot thank you enough for giving this guy the boot. I joined the News Chronicle forum in March of 2002, which means that for the last three and a half years I have had to waste valuable time (probably many HOURS, when you total it all up) scrolling through ridiculous posts by chase and all of those who have replied to him. I remember him spamming the web site, causing it to be shut down, but the moderator there just didn't have the time or resources or determination to get rid of him. Although you gave him a longer leash than I thought you should have, it worked out in the end because nobody can say he wasn't given a fair chance.

Pack 66: You talk about this being a free country. What about the Ryan's freedom to operate his very own private web site, and what about OUR freedom to discuss Packer football without having to waste our time scrolling through posts by a raving maniac?

The bottom line is that this is a happy day for me. Honestly, it almost makes me as happy as a Packer victory.

24. ArizonaPackerFan

ArizonaPackerFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    :lol:

25. Obi1

Obi1 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I agree Greg.

What would have happened to Chase if he'd have acted that way and insulted people the way he did in real life private association?