1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Big Announcement Coming for 2015 Football Season!!

Be on the look out for a big Packer Forum announcement when the schedule is released. Full details coming soon...

Hey Ryan, are you kidding or are you as stupid as you look?

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by Steel Wheels, Aug 15, 2005.

1. Steel Wheels

Steel Wheels Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I wrote a post "Nfl 2005 over/under/win totals"

My post gave all the NFL teams over/under totals for the 2005 season including the Packers.

My post was moved to the NFL news because it wasn't acceptable for the Packers forum.

Bruce writes a post "So Training Wheels...Let's hear the excuses" the post reads, Buck, Buk, Buuk, Buukkkkkkk!

But that is exceptable for the Packers forum.

2. arrowgargantuan

arrowgargantuan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    pack your bags sir...

3. Ryan

Ryan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    Now I'm done with this.

That post was moved to the NFL news because it wasn't a "Packers" post. Bruce's post, though the title was derogitory was not moved because it was regarding a Packers game.

4. Ryan

Ryan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    Steel you are welcome to rejoin OUR forum Friday 8/19/05. If you would like to try and join under another name I will ban you by IP address for good. If you would like to go to a different location to post I will ban you by the network portion of your ip.

5. Ryan

Ryan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    After seeing your second thread "f'ing" me and my forum I will be banning you for good. Thanks for playing.

*Note to everyone* I will give you all the chances in the world. Once you go crazy, your a$$ is gone.

Again I started this forum because I love the packers. Again how much money do I make off of this a month - $0.00. How much does it cost me a month to run $75.00+ not including moderation hours and development hours.

Not going to deal with this crap.

6. PackerTraxx

PackerTraxx Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Ryan, I thought you gave him way more leeway than you should have, Steel has no excuses and we don't need his kind here. Good job.

7. P@ck66

P@ck66 Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +0
    Glad to see censorship at work...

Censorship American style....

Go Pack Go...

8. Raider Pride

Raider Pride Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    Free speach.... How wonderful it is.

I find it ineffable that RYAN has the right to publish those wonderful words.... "Your banned, thanks for playing."

You see 66... Your friend Chase and you do not understand, Ryan is not the government and does not fall under The Free Speech Act. This is his site, and he owns it.

Chase had wait until he was four feet four inches tall to get onto the bumber car ride at the state fair. He has to wait until he is mentally four feet four inches tall to ride here. It is the owners right, and Ryan is the owner.

RP

9. P@ck66

P@ck66 Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +0
    RP...

i said i was GLAD to see it...or will get me kicked off too....?

(hey..maybe Chase said some inflammatory things once in awhile..or made personal attacks...

But the funny thing is...that it GOT TO YOU!)

why would you want to see him kicked off...that is..unless you really can't entertain someone who has an opinion different than your own?...now..that my friend...is small minded....so perhaps you are the one who shouldn't be allowed on the bumper cars...RP...eh?)

then..we could have a nice, friendly circle **** of a forum...

saying things like...gee..aren't the Pack great....and isn't it great to be a Packer fan!

Well...welcome to Pleasantville, USA...i guess...

10. ArizonaPackerFan

ArizonaPackerFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Freedom of speech was given to the citizens of this country so they could express their political viewpoints in public places without having to fear retribution from the government. But this isn't a public place.

This site is owned by a private individual who has the right to make his own rules in his house.

Terrell Owens told his boss to "Shut Up" and got sent home because of his conduct at a private business. I don't hear anyone griping about the Eagles for not allowing Freedom of Speech to Owens. Freedom of speech doesn't mean you can swear at people.

11. agopackgo4

agopackgo4 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Ryan you are the Best. You are the king of this forum and you do a GREAT GREAT GREAT job! Keep it up buddy. Steel Wheels shouldn't be accepted here, but again nice job.

12. P@ck66

P@ck66 Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +0
    Yes..tis' true...but wouldn't it be nice to see the "citizens" practicing it...yes..yes..Chase was out of line...no need for profanity...

but i for one...like to see differing points of view....it's what made this country great!

13. uwbadger12000

uwbadger12000 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    I was waiting for him to get the axe.

14. ArizonaPackerFan

ArizonaPackerFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Ditto. It's hard to please everyone, but Ryan certainly tries. For all the money, time, and effort he puts in this site to make it a nice packer forum, it shouldn't be too much to ask that the rest of us don't swear at each other. I appreciate his efforts in providing this forum for us.

15. arrowgargantuan

Ratings:
    +4
    Steel wasn't banned for his differing viewpoints..he was banned because he was a problem child. 66, you disagree with people here all the time, but nobody is in a hurry to ban you..why is that? you certainly shared a lot of the same viewpoints, but he had a purposeful lack of tact. for god's sake, he insulted the Admin on more than one occasion and Ryan wasn't even going to ban him for a full week. if you ask me, he wanted to get banned.

i for one, appreciate the hell out of a different viewpoint simply because there can't be debate w/o one...but at which point do you draw the line? does anybody think he was seriously trying to start topical debate?

the forum as a whole is far better off without him.

16. hoos

hoos Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Although I believe that Ryan was completely justified for expunging a member that he deemed to unacceptable, I must admit that I will miss rusty rims. Every good guy needs a foil, and all packer optimists need their healthy dose of pessimism. Sure this site is about love of the packers and being able to stay current on the local dish, but it's also entertainment. I don't know about you, I just think this will be a lot less entertaining without some "bad guys" on the site. I mean c'mon, who will we bully when the pack exceeds everyone's expectations this year? I think Rusty

17. Raider Pride

Raider Pride Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    Hoos,

You are right. He was not really colorful, and lacked any kind of original wit. I can understand your feelings about having a true foil in the mix. However that foil must be mature and interesting at the same time.

This young man's pessimism extended to the degree of even suspecting the sincerity of other pessimists. The pessimist's, pessimist with a touch of profanity sprinkled with hate, if you will.

I agree with those in this thread that stated Ryan is doing a fine job. In-fact I would even be willing to contribute to make it though he is not taking a financial loss operating this site. I think his time and effort are enough of a contribution and he need not be down $75.00 a month (Out of pocket.) to keep it up and running.

Let me know where I can make a donation Ryan.

RP

18. CalifPacker

CalifPacker Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    Ryan,

I think you made a good decision. Sometimes when you give someone enough rope they will hang themselves.

19. kuston

kuston Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Thank you Ryan

20. musccy

musccy Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    Pack66...

I agree, you and steel stand out as 2 on this board who have a fairly opinionated and differing viewpoint from the majority of people on this forum, which I think is great, it adds to the board....I too do not want some collective pat-on-the back session.

Steel went out of line with that his last post, no doubt, but I think ppl jumped on him, and read into what he said too much. He raised good points...the last 2 days he commented on how Jue was a better safety than Arturo or Little, and that the Pack would be better off w/ Trotter at MLB than Barnett...both legit points which make for a good debate, and he stated them both matter-of-fact, yet was instantly attacked for being some Packer doomsayer.

Yes, he had a history of some attacks on the board, but it seemed like he was given a slightly shorter leash by everyone here because he wasn't as optimistic, or as much of a Sherman supporter.

21. arrowgargantuan

Ratings:
    +4
    i think the leash was shorter because of his approach and his attitude towards people who shared different opinions...not his candor. couple that with the fact that he was pushing an agenda with 90% of his posts...that will get irritating to anybody. a broken record of sorts, except it's in text. eventually, people might start to take comments of his out of context for the simple fact he has a penchant for knocking an optimistic fan's point of view. while that person might be in the wrong for disregarding a potentially decent argument...it doesn't surprise me that it happened. thats like punching a wall repeatedly and wondering why your hand hurts. it comes with the territory.

towards the end there he was just looking for negative attention...so i don't feel bad for him. there are other boards that will put up with him for as long as he wishes. packernews.com has zero moderation. im sure he can piss off people there just fine.

22. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8
    Oh boy, this is ... not good.

23. musccy

musccy Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    arrow....I don't disagree with you, I'm not trying to say you guys are in the wrong for banning him, I understand he was dancing w/ the devil for a while there. However, I just think there were plenty of posts where he'd post a straight forward message w/out some agenda and ppl would twist and contourt what he said.

24. all about da packers

all about da packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Ryan, you did what you had to do, and for that I applaud you. :joy: To pick a fight with the admin on his forum, thats just down right stupidity. I understand the point that you put your own time and money into this project out of love for the Pack, and you should not have to deal with idiots like SW. I said before that the old NC forum didn't have moderators, and now this forum does and we can see the clear difference, that this forum is quite better for having moderators. Here's to Ryan! :beer:

25. arrowgargantuan

Ratings:
    +4
    yeah i gotcha. i noticed that happen a few times as well, but its kinda like that saying "you make your own bed, now you have to lie in it". if people see you as antagonistic they're gonna ignore or they're gonna come after you...im saying i wasn't surprised to see people react hostilely towards him. know what i mean?