Hey Raider Pride

paxvogel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What is the word in Davis land about trading Randy Moss. What would they want in compensation and what kind of cap hit are we talking about. I wouldn't give you Dan Devine's dead dog for him myself but is he considered gone. What about Jerry Porter.

Raider Pride

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ya Zero... It is a scouting post. (Big Ole Smile.)

Pax... I think Porter is the best bet for the Packers not Moss.

Pax.

As you know we have a new young coach and I do not think The Raiders want to subject him to the challenges of a divided locker room.

This is what I am hearing on the left coast.

The Raiders have not one but two Quality W.R.'s who want out. Moss and Porter. Porter is almost guaranteed not to be back. His situation has been a distraction, partly because the Raiders refused to play him and didn’t trade him.

His value in a trade has been hurt because of all the problems he’s had with the Raiders. Teams will offer less attractive packages, such as fifth-, sixth- or seventh-round draft choices, assuming the Raiders want to dump him. The Raiders would take a salary cap hit if they just cut Porter, but would likely move him to get whatever they can. He would be the better for the Packers than Randy if you ask me. Not only will he open up the field but he could be had for a 4th or 5th or even a 6th round pick.

Moss is a different story. He makes a lot of money and will entering his 10th season in 2007. How often is a 10 year Vet W.R.dealt, especially when they are scheduled to make 21 Million over the next two years? Just shows you how messed up this is.

If the Pack can trade for Jerry it would be a steal, and Brett would love it.

RP

Drich318

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Moss is being traded, and maybe even Porter. Also Sapp, and Brooks are on their way out too. The Raiders need draft picks, and cap room to rebuild.

Members online

Latest posts