Hey guys, congrats on your win and thanks for Cobb!

mongoosev

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Careful, we are seeing where that lead Antonio Brown! ;)

I think I sat here all day trying to come up with something that would be so funny that I would get the most "funny" things for this post. Maybe next time! But seriously though I think the guy takes a shower with his beloved helmet.

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Have to laugh, because I was speaking for myself when I said "I think......"

You joined in Nov. last year, so maybe you didn't read all the posts people made about Cobb being way overpaid based on his inability to stay on the field.

Sorry if you thought I was including you in that group!
Like I've said before, I've been lurking here since 2012, I've seen the posts, but also keep in mind last year was when Cobb truly missed the most games in his career for a particular season. Other than that he was rarely inactive during previous seasons. The other major time Cobb's health was seriously brought into question was when Matt Elam did that cheapshot back in Baltimore when we played them, and even then he came back weeks later.

And while I do believe Cobb wasn't worth the contract of 8-10 mil, I certainly think signing him for a contract around what Dallas ended up signing him was acceptable.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Like I've said before, I've been lurking here since 2012, I've seen the posts, but also keep in mind last year was when Cobb truly missed the most games in his career for a particular season. Other than that he was rarely inactive during previous seasons. The other major time Cobb's health was seriously brought into question was when Matt Elam did that cheapshot back in Baltimore when we played them, and even then he came back weeks later.

And while I do believe Cobb wasn't worth the contract of 8-10 mil, I certainly think signing him for a contract around what Dallas ended up signing him was acceptable.

Lurking only counts with hand grenades whose pins have been pulled. ;) Also, I am bad at keeping track of individual posters and their idiosyncrasies, so I apologize for not knowing your lurking history.

Not really sure what your point is, whether you were lurking or participating, you saw what I saw posted about Cobb during his final 4 years in Green Bay. It was a slowly increasing crescendo of fans unhappy with what the Packers were paying him for what they were getting. Some wanted to attribute it to mostly injuries or playing injured, some just flat out thought he was overpaid all things considered. Personally, I thought he was paid big bucks after his big year, but that was the market at the time and the chance you take if you want to keep a guy that just put up those kinds of numbers at the age of 24.

I doubt the Packers or too many of their fans regret having Cobb for the first 8 years of his career. But there will always be those who won't be satisfied, because he didn't come very close to replicating his 2014 year in his final 4 seasons in Green Bay.

Last edited:

TomBrownFan40

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rene Descartes was a drunken fart: "I drink, therefore I am."
I suspect you may get a response from a certain moderator from across the pond. That quote comes from proper footballers who wear shorts, play without helmets, excel on the pitch, and have never been relegated from the table and have such illustrious names as Cleese, Palin, Jones, Idle, Chapman, and Gilliam.

I dare say old chap, at least a yellow card is in ordah for Mr. sschind?

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
hard to use a receiver to his potential when half of his potential was sitting in the training room the past few years. He had like 4 healthy weeks last year, had some huge plays in the first game, sucked *** in the 2nd game with some big time drops that killed drives and a fumble I think and then was hurt until almost the end and did well. That's not fulfilling expectations of a 10+ million dollar a year WR.

Yes, his productivity when down the past couple of years because he couldn't stay on the field. Perhaps he'll stay healthy for you guys but he couldn't for us and that is why he was allowed to walk.

OP
OP
Johneric8

Johneric8

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Welcome back Johneric, always good to see you, although I didn't expect you for awhile ;)

Yes, the Cowboys, IMO may have gotten a steal of a deal on Cobb. $5M with only $2M guaranteed. I think a lot of opinions around here were based on him making $10M/year on the 4 yr. contract that he signed back in 2015, after one hell of a season. As it turned out, that 2014 season (91 catches, 1287 yds and 12 TDS) was perfectly timed for Randall, as he was in a contract year. After that, his numbers dropped substantially due to a lot of injuries to him (and Rodgers).

As you saw after one game, he is an excellent player when on the field. If he continues to stay healthy, he may be viewed as one of the better FA signings. However, as everyone here is saying and you acknowledge, keeping him healthy is the trick and probably why the Packers decided to let him go.

I wish him the best, hope he has a slight hammy issue the week the Packers have to once again travel to Dallas to beat your Cowboys. :D Rodgers has definitely had the Cowboys number (7- 2) since he took over for Favre in 2008.

Sorry I haven't been around, been very busy.. Since I was here it looks like the Packers are going to be pretty darn good this year and that is scary for the rest of the league especially with that defense. You're right Roger has our number, it will be interesting to see how the game shapes up, but i would be lying if I didn't admit I want to see the boys get over the hump. I can see why Cobb is missed by you guys if he is healthy, sure he is a very good player, but what a person right? He is the kind of guy you want to go to battle with! During pre game rah rah, he was leading our team and pumping everyone up. It seems his team mates already look at him as a leader which is pretty rare considering his company.

Packer Fan in SD

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Welcome. Your Cowboys worry me but happy Cobb went to a team with a qb that has a good head on his shoulders. I think Dak is going to surprise many people. He looks so much better with Cooper and now with Witten back. Good luck, until we play you in a few weeks and then at the end of the season. I am still salty about the 90’s. :D

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am still salty about the 90’s. :D
It was anti-climatic to finally beat the Cowboys in 1997 when they were spiraling down. We all wanted to beat them when both were at the top of their games, but our teams peaked at different times - Cowboys early 1990s; Packers mid-1990s. They crushed our dreams three years straight in the playoffs and even during our 1996 Super Bowl regular season.

Members online

Latest posts