He's Baaa-aack!!

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
porky88 said:
P@ck66 said:
I was just spitballin'...

But hey, why not?

Wolf pulled off some deals. I'd like to see TT do so as well...

Yes Ron Wolf pulled off some great deals but I don't recall him trading for a Randy Moss like attitude. Andre Rison certainly wasn't like Randy Moss. In fact all our key receivers were pretty much draft picks.. Jeremy Shockey is a whole different story than Keith Jackson as well.

It's a wait and see game especially with Shockey since he‘s not even available yet and I haven‘t heard any news on him planning on leaving. I can guarantee you we won't have both Shockey and Moss on our roster next year. I personally wouldn't mind seeing one but two of them might be to much ego for even Brett Favre to control

Moss is a better talent than Rison and the Packers didn't give up anything to get Rison, except cash of course.

Not the comparison I was making.

Rison was a mid season pickup as well. I was trying to think of the only "diva" receiver the Packers had in the Favre era. Javon Walker was a draft pick so that really doesn't fit. Sharpe was a draft pick as well.

The only "diva receiver" who we went out and signed was Andre Rison and we decided to keep an injured Robert Brooks rather than pay Rison a big contract after the Super Bowl as well. Rison left for big money in Kansas City. The rest of our receivers were relatively quiet guys who were not high draft picks. Freeman, Brooks, and Driver.

Same with TE's. 66 continues to say Ron Wolf went out and made a lot of moves. Jermey Shockey is a TE with a lot of baggage. He goes out and parties a lot. He loves the spotlight. He is not what I would call a good "character guy"

Keith Jackson was signed for the 96 season. Just the opposite. A veteran looking for a ring and a stand up guy.

You look at all of Ron Wolf's pickups. They all had little to no baggage. Reggie White was a class act. Sean Jones was as classy as they get. Santana Dotson.

The guys people keep mentioning for the Packers are guys with a lot of baggage. Randy Moss and Jeremy Shockey to be specific. Last year Terrell Owens.

I agree we need the talent at those respective positions but maybe not those players.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Did Jackson play all of 96?

edit, he played 9 games of the 95 season ... i thought he came mid 96 ... oops

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Pushing the subject more towards Brett here...

Lynn Swann, a hall of fame receiver for the Pittsburgh Steelers from 1974-'82, said from Miami, site of Super Bowl XLI, "Either you're ready to leave or you think you can still do it and you don't feel your time is done. Someone once told me it's better to play one more year past than it is one year less. You never get it back."

flapackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cory said:
Cal2GreenBay said:
Great...Aaron will have to wait yet again

Yeah I feel sorry for him, too. Collecting that huge salary sitting on bench learning from a future HOFer.

He earns 1.6 mil a year if Farve comes back...

Aaron's salary escalates to 5 mil/per year if
Favre retires..

YES boo hoo

Poor Aaron, how will he ever survive. Maybe we can start an Aaron Rodgers Relief Fund.

I got 5 on it

Heatherthepackgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was informed today when my hubby faxed over the GREAT news that Brett is back,,,we again dont have the internet there...

I have been so happy all day!!! We are in the playoff round for next year, now I cant wait for the season to begin...

Cliff

Cheesehead
Reaction score
nathaniel said:
Cliff said:
Of course he's back!

Brett Favre wants to break a few NFL QB records that are within his grasp.

Now TT can think about trading or releasing Favre.

Thats not going to happen. TT and MM have both said they want Favre back as a Packer. If that's what Favre wanted, I'm sure he'd be out of GB by now. If he wants to retire a Packer, whether he gets back to the Super Bowl or not, then so be it.

nathaniel, Cliff omits the quotes of Brett saying he was excited to play for the Packers in 2007. Of course he'll say Brett was forced to say that to help the Packers get top value for him :roll:

No, Brett Favre will come right out and say he wants to be traded to a playoff contender!!!!!?????

Cliff

Cheesehead
Reaction score
porky88 said:
P@ck66 said:
I was just spitballin'...

But hey, why not?

Wolf pulled off some deals. I'd like to see TT do so as well...

Yes Ron Wolf pulled off some great deals but I don't recall him trading for a Randy Moss like attitude. Andre Rison certainly wasn't like Randy Moss. In fact all our key receivers were pretty much draft picks.. Jeremy Shockey is a whole different story than Keith Jackson as well.

It's a wait and see game especially with Shockey since he‘s not even available yet and I haven‘t heard any news on him planning on leaving. I can guarantee you we won't have both Shockey and Moss on our roster next year. I personally wouldn't mind seeing one but two of them might be to much ego for even Brett Favre to control

Moss is a better talent than Rison and the Packers didn't give up anything to get Rison, except cash of course.

Don't knock Andre Rison. Without Rison the Packers don't win a Super Bowl.

flapackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score

That was a joke right???

Without Reggie White the Packers don't win a Super Bowl

Without Favre the Packers don't win a Super Bowl

Without Holmgren the Packers don't win a Super Bowl

Without Rison the Packers would find another veteran receiver to catch a couple of balls per game. And still win a superbowl.

flapackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Is GB seriously looking at Shockey? Did I read that right?

Hopefully we can get someone better. I think he drops even more balls then Bubbbaaaaaa

Did we cut bubba yet by the way??/

nathaniel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think Shockey's problem is that he needs to get out of NY. He wouldn't be too bad of a pick up. But you're right, there are better guys out there. Sorry, I know this is a Favre thread.

OP
OP
S

Since69

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Shockey's a partyer. He loves the NY night life. I don't think he'd want to come to Green Bay.

flapackfan, we're not cutting Bubba. I'd put money on it.

flapackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Shockey's a partyer. He loves the NY night life. I don't think he'd want to come to Green Bay.

flapackfan, we're not cutting Bubba. I'd put money on it.

I will boycott if he is our starting tight end again next year. I will write a letter and email it and mail it to everybody involved in this organization. he is so bad. I'd rather bring back Jackie Harris than see him play another down.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just got home, folks. This is wonderful news indeed. Now, let's get a Safety and a TE and we'll be in business! :packbeer:

Oh, let's sign Cullen Jenkins too while we're at it. Let's not forget that. 2007 is going to be good. :thumbsup:

TheStone

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hmmmh, mmhhmm, yaaaaawn!!!!
Just woke up here in good old Germany and.... hey packerforum.com!! Tell me what's the news for this SB weekend....

Oh my god!!!MG

*starting some freakin' jitterbuglike dance that's better not to be decribed in further detail*

Cliff

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cliff said:

That was a joke right???

Without Reggie White the Packers don't win a Super Bowl

Without Favre the Packers don't win a Super Bowl

Without Holmgren the Packers don't win a Super Bowl

Without Rison the Packers would find another veteran receiver to catch a couple of balls per game. And still win a superbowl.

It went over your head.

Members online

Latest posts