He's Baaa-aack!!

Reaction score
OHHH YEAAAAHHH!!!

Just heard it, DAMN YES!!!!

The draft and FA just got a hell of a lot more important now, let's do this baby..... Bring back the Lombardi to where it belongs in 07!

furferret2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm an Eagles fan and I came here before week 4 and haven't really seen this site since.

I think that Brett is holding the team back. If he isn't the best option, how can you not start him? He's Brett Favre! You can't bench him. Let's say Aaron Rodgers owns Brett in training camp, Brett would probably still be the man.

So are you guys thinking Troy Smith in the middle of round 2 in the draft?

arrowgargantuan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Let's say Aaron Rodgers owns Brett in training camp, Brett would probably still be the man.

ok lets say that..then we might have a QB controversy, or at the very least, a reason to debate. im afraid thats simply not the case. TC's are well documented..

BF>AR

eastcoastpacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is the best news I heard since the packers beat the bears at the end of the season!! :jumpsmile: :jumpsmile: :jumpsmile: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm an Eagles fan and I came here before week 4 and haven't really seen this site since.

I think that Brett is holding the team back. If he isn't the best option, how can you not start him? He's Brett Favre! You can't bench him. Let's say Aaron Rodgers owns Brett in training camp, Brett would probably still be the man.

So are you guys thinking Troy Smith in the middle of round 2 in the draft?

Troy Smith is probably not an option as we have Rodgers and another rookie 5th round pick in Ingle Martin from last year. Packers may look at a QB in the later rounds but they won't take one on the 1st Day unless maybe Brady Quinn falls to us which is doubtful.

The basis of your arguement is on a Big IF. Anyone who doesn't follow the Packers probably doesn't know just how bad Aaron Rodgers has been in training camp. He's struggled. He's played poorly. That's not to say he's a bad player or going to be a bad player. He's only 22 or 23 years old. However Favre out peformed Rodgers every year in training camp and I honestly doubt that changes again this year. IF it does then I'm open for a debate but that's a big IF.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
bozz_2006 said:
anybody know if Ted Thompson's press conference is gonna be on NFL Network? ESPN? ESPN News?
I would think if you went to packers.com they will have it recorded so you can watch it.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
holy **** - this just made my friggin year - gotta make plans to attend as MANY games as possible in 07 - who's with me??? woooohoooo!!!
LOL! I don't know if i'll get to any games or not......but i'm with ya!

usmpacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Go to www.sunherald.com to read the articles on Brett coming back by the guy [Al Jones] Brett called first [after calling the team, Donald Driver, and Brett's brother Scott and mom Bonita].

If you need another reason to pull for the Colts on Sunday, at the NFC Championship game in Chicago a couple of weeks ago, Saints fans in attendance feared for their safety. The Sun Herald did a story on that, fans taunted and threatened throughout the game. One Saints fan said he was glad the Saints lost, because he didn't think he would've gotten out of Soldier Field in one piece had the Saints won.

One Bears fan had a prominent sign that said "Bears Finish What Katrina Started". Talk about no class. Others yelled at the Saints fans, "go back to your FEMA trailers". Still no class, and downright scummy. There were 60,000 homes destroyed or rendered uninhabitable in Mississippi from Katrina. I guess some Bears fans think that is comical.

I would hope that is not representative of Bears fans, but I'll have no trouble pulling for Peyton & company, and hope that GB takes the Bears each time they play next season.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hopefully the Pack will go all the way next season! My hopes just went up! Hopefully TT can pick up a few important additions to put the Pack over the top! he's got the money to do it!

agopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
HELLLLLL YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!

All we need now is randy moss baby!!!!!

I agree, we need a Moss type player, but 66 is on the right path with ...
P@ck66 said:
Moss
Driver
Jennings
Shockey

Superbowl baby!

We need a possession TE who can stretch the field if needed.

ytnewton

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Superbowl time. Favre + Ahman Green + donald Driver= superbowl
LOL, you guys are so delusional. The two worst years of his career, and this one is going to be better? I can't wait to come here when the season starts, you'll be crying in your beer.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
packerfan1245 said:
LOL, you guys are so delusional. The two worst years of his career, and this one is going to be better? I can't wait to come here when the season starts, you'll be crying in your beer.

1993 and 2005 were his two worst years as starter.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
refpacker said:
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!

P@ck66 said:
Moss
Driver
Jennings
Shockey

Superbowl baby!

I agree we need more receiving threats but keep in mind that Shockey has to opt out of his contract I believe. He can stay if he wants. We would still have to meet the Raiders required compensation for Moss in a trade. Let's not get carried away even with Favre back.

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I was just spitballin'...

But hey, why not?

Wolf pulled off some deals. I'd like to see TT do so as well...

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
P@ck66 said:

But hey, why not?

Yes Ron Wolf pulled off some great deals but I don't recall him trading for a Randy Moss like attitude. Andre Rison certainly wasn't like Randy Moss. In fact all our key receivers were pretty much draft picks.. Jeremy Shockey is a whole different story than Keith Jackson as well.

It's a wait and see game especially with Shockey since he‘s not even available yet and I haven‘t heard any news on him planning on leaving. I can guarantee you we won't have both Shockey and Moss on our roster next year. I personally wouldn't mind seeing one but two of them might be to much ego for even Brett Favre to control

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:
refpacker said:
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!

P@ck66 said:
Moss
Driver
Jennings
Shockey

Superbowl baby!

I agree we need more receiving threats but keep in mind that Shockey has to opt out of his contract I believe. He can stay if he wants. We would still have to meet the Raiders required compensation for Moss in a trade. Let's not get carried away even with Favre back.

Who's getting carried away?
Where did Brett go? He didn't leave! ;)

Moss and Shockey are more so symbolic of what the Packers need. As I said, a Moss-type player and a possession TE who can stretch the field occasionally.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
P@ck66 said:

But hey, why not?

Yes Ron Wolf pulled off some great deals but I don't recall him trading for a Randy Moss like attitude. Andre Rison certainly wasn't like Randy Moss. In fact all our key receivers were pretty much draft picks.. Jeremy Shockey is a whole different story than Keith Jackson as well.

It's a wait and see game especially with Shockey since he‘s not even available yet and I haven‘t heard any news on him planning on leaving. I can guarantee you we won't have both Shockey and Moss on our roster next year. I personally wouldn't mind seeing one but two of them might be to much ego for even Brett Favre to control

Moss is a better talent than Rison and the Packers didn't give up anything to get Rison, except cash of course.

ytnewton

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ytnewton said:
packerfan1245 said:

1993 and 2005 were his two worst years as starter.
You are correct, he missed it by .5 rating last year. Sooooooo, two out of his worst three ever, much better, you guys are Super Bowl bound!!!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts