Heroes of Today

4thand26

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Who is the Packer in the top right of the packerforum.com headline, to the right of Favre? I can't quite make out the number. If I had to guess, I would say it is #28 A. Carroll, but I can't imagine that he would be considered a Heroe of Today...I am sure that Tromdaz would have left a long time ago if that was the case.

Reaction score
It actually is Carroll. He is a stout player, has amazing potential and a real bright future...

I just watned to cause Trom a heart attack. :p

I believe it is actually Ahman Green. He was no doubt an amazing RB (minus the fumblitis).

OP
OP

4thand26

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Very funny way to reply. For a split second, I thought you were serious.

all about da packers said:
I believe it is actually Ahman Green. He was no doubt an amazing RB (minus the fumblitis).

A big question for the year: Is your choice of 'was' in the previous post correct or should it still be 'is'?

Reaction score
4thand26 said:
A big question for the year: Is your choice of 'was' in the previous post correct or should it still be 'is'?

lol You caught that.

IMO, I would love nothing more than to see the old Green return. But I believe that is streching it.

I love Green, he is a great player, pro, team-mate. Unfortunatly, one of the concerns is his age. His age is getting to the point where he is loosing some of his speed, something that made him oh so effective, the combination of speed and power.

Secondly, he is coming of an injury. It IS serious, nothing to joke about. He is still rehabing, and to be honest I believe he isn't going to have enough time to get ready for the season. He will only start practicing at training camp, and IMO he isn't going to have the same leg strength in his injured leg as he did, as he simply hasn't had enough time to re-build all of his strength.

Further, he needs lots of reps in the zone blocking scheme. It's not something you can pick-up by just sitting and watching. Granted he will have TC, but I think it will take him a bit more practice to get comfortable with this new scheme.

Overall, for the reasons above I am not going to hold out that Green will return as the same player. I mean honestly, I WISH it will happen, I would be exuberent and gladly eat my words. Sad thing is, Green before his reminds me a lot of Larry Johnson last year, I really thought he could have had a KILLER season in this scheme, just the reight blend of size, speed, and strength. Who knows, maybe I am wrong. And I will be the first one to hope that I am. :)

Packman5

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know for sure it's neither carrol or green. It's either Nick Collin (which is weird but i think it's leroy butler. cus the number is 36 i think

Reaction score
Yea I thought the number on his shoulder didn't look like a zero, rather a "6", but I thought Butler is retired so technically he would be in the legends of the past.

As for Collins, I think you might be on to something.

LL, WHERE ARE YOU?

OP
OP

4thand26

Cheesehead
Reaction score
all about da packers said:
4thand26 said:

lol You caught that.

IMO, I would love nothing more than to see the old Green return. But I believe that is streching it.

I love Green, he is a great player, pro, team-mate. Unfortunatly, one of the concerns is his age. His age is getting to the point where he is loosing some of his speed, something that made him oh so effective, the combination of speed and power.

Secondly, he is coming of an injury. It IS serious, nothing to joke about. He is still rehabing, and to be honest I believe he isn't going to have enough time to get ready for the season. He will only start practicing at training camp, and IMO he isn't going to have the same leg strength in his injured leg as he did, as he simply hasn't had enough time to re-build all of his strength.

Further, he needs lots of reps in the zone blocking scheme. It's not something you can pick-up by just sitting and watching. Granted he will have TC, but I think it will take him a bit more practice to get comfortable with this new scheme.

Overall, for the reasons above I am not going to hold out that Green will return as the same player. I mean honestly, I WISH it will happen, I would be exuberent and gladly eat my words. Sad thing is, Green before his reminds me a lot of Larry Johnson last year, I really thought he could have had a KILLER season in this scheme, just the reight blend of size, speed, and strength. Who knows, maybe I am wrong. And I will be the first one to hope that I am. :)

Green was a great back. His situation sucked because he never complained about his contract. He deserved to get a good payday for his service, and then he gets hurt. It seems unfair that he follows the rules, plays for the contract that he signed (is underpaid as he is doing it based upon his performance), and then when it is time to 'get his', bad luck strikes. I know he still made a lot of money, but relative to all the other guys in the nfl..

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:
doesnt green wear rubber pads on his elbows?

Depends.......after his second fumble of the game sherman usually made him remove them.

If I had to guess I would say it's Collins.

calicheesehead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's either a 30,36, or a 38, since we don't have a 38, and he's too skinny to be Green, it has to be Nick Collins # 36.

bavpb

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just wanted to find the original picture, you know I'm an optical/haptical poster. I would NEVER, in letters N E V E R be inconfident in your words. (you know: In god we trust!) :wink: :lol:

Members online

Latest posts