Heres why i will not be a Packer fan once Favre retires

Status
Not open for further replies.

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
all about da packers said:
I agree but why? Why is NE a little closer. Why are they highly regarded as the team to beat this year?

To be honest, I think the answer is Tom Brady.

He is a franchise QB, one that can carry a team on his back and say 'I'll take you to glory".

In that regard, he is somewhat like Favre during the Sherman era. I think we'll agree that Favre wasn't surrounded by the greatest talent then, yet he still had the ability to elevate others play around him.

Brady's supporting cast was dreadful last year, yet he took them within a half of getting to the Superbowl. Favre is no longer the QB that can do that at his age.

Ok, so Brett Favre is the problem with this team? I mean I see Tom Brady and Brett Favre as similar. I think if you surrounded Brett Favre with guys like Adelius Thomas, Randy Moss, Donte Stallworth etc that GB would be at least considered to have a legit shot if we could get some decnt O-line and RB play.

OregonPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The thing pyle and his flunkeys don't understand is that Harlan and the board doesn't view things like they do.

Harlan doesn't blame Ted Thompson from the 4 - 12 season, he knew the team was in bad shape from Sherman's horrific GMing.

There is a reason Sherman was relieved of his duties as GM.

I think we will improve this season and make the playoffs and it will be a confirmation to us all that we are headed in the right direction.

Reaction score
No pyle, I meant that Brady is a franchise QB, one that you know is locked up and going to continue playing for a few more years.

With Brett, you know he isn't the same QB anymore. He takes things on a year-to-year basis in terms of coming back, and even they sign here I'd have to think that's there biggest worry: What about the long term?

With the Pats, you know they're golden as long as they have Brady.

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The thing pyle and his flunkeys don't understand is that Harlan and the board doesn't view things like they do.

Harlan doesn't blame Ted Thompson from the 4 - 12 season, he knew the team was in bad shape from Sherman's horrific GMing.

I think we will improve this season and make the playoffs and it will be a confirmation to us all that we are headed in the right direction.

Did you just say "flunkeys" LOL, Funniest **** ever!!! Nice spelling!

Anyways, I'm glad you know Bob Harlan personally, congrats

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
all about da packers said:
No pyle, I meant that Brady is a franchise QB, one that you know is locked up and going to continue playing for a few more years.

With Brett, you know he isn't the same QB anymore. He takes things on a year-to-year basis in terms of coming back, and even they sign here I'd have to think that's there biggest worry: What about the long term?

With the Pats, you know they're golden as long as they have Brady.

Teds known Brett was playing for months. Ted had money to spend. Ted was on the verge of landing Moss. Ted failed.

You have to **** or get off the pot. If Brett is hampering your future move on.

OregonPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ohhh Mr I-know-how-to-spell

I think complaining about wrongful spelling is as low as you can get on a forum, especially when you complain about spelling that is correct.

n. pl. flun·kies also flun·keys
1. A person of slavish or unquestioning obedience; a lackey.
2. One who does menial or trivial work; a drudge.
3. A liveried manservant.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I think complaining about wrongful spelling is as low as you can get on a forum, especially when you complain about spelling that is correct.

owned
i think that means pyles talking privleges are revoked.

complaining about spelling or grammar just means he has nothing else to say because hes been proven wrong.

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I tend to think resulting to insults is a little lower but hey when you are unable to logically debate something what can I expect?

OregonPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm sorry you didn't read my post and found out I was debating logically.

However this does not look like a logical argument, more like an insult:

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm sorry you didn't read my post and found out I was debating logically.

However this does not look like a logical argument, more like an insult:

By calling me a Flunkey?

OregonPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You obviously need to be spoon fed

And if you read again, I wasn't calling you a flunkey, I used it as a description of your fellow TT-adversaries

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
flapackfan: It will be a sad day when Brett Favre retires, but the silver lining is that "fans" like you will be gone from the forum. At least I hope so. I have a sneaking suspicion that some of them are going to hang around just so they can gripe about the team.

Chamuko

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Byr-Bye...don't let the door hit you in the *** on your way to being a Viking fan!

Digs: You have no right to be so rude, this dude only said he wont be a Packer fan after Brett retires, he never said a thing about changing his ****** preferences.. I think he can become a Bears or Arizona fan then.

Anyway he is entitled to.

I love Brett, and will be a PAcker fan after him. I hope he still gives us 2 more years.

I dont like Teddy and will be a Packer fan while he is here and after he leaves town, a happier fan after he leaves I think..

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jackson is very much like Drew in all aspects.

However I think Jackson is more polished and stronger than Drew and might be a better back as a rookie than Drew was.

Except he's not as fast and doesn't appear, at least from what I've read, to have the same big play potential that Drew showed last year.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
digsthepack said:
Moss is chasing a championship. I beleive we can ALL agree that NE is a little closer to that goal than the Packers.

I agree but why? Why is NE a little closer. Why are they highly regarded as the team to beat this year?

Because what GB is only in the begining phases of, NE has been doing it for many years. You think NE fans did backflips over the Brady pick in the draft? C'mon. lol.

That was easy.

:thumbsup:

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
digsthepack said:
Moss is chasing a championship. I beleive we can ALL agree that NE is a little closer to that goal than the Packers.

Well for one thing NE was a hell of a lot closer to it two years ago when TT got here or would you like to attempt to say the talent level was pretty close back then?

NE has climbed a small hurdle getting back to SB readiness while we have been climbing a freaking mountain. Unless maybe that all-world defense Ted was looking at matched up with NE's we were a TAD behind them I would say.

OregonPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
OregonPackFan said:

However I think Jackson is more polished and stronger than Drew and might be a better back as a rookie than Drew was.

Except he's not as fast and doesn't appear, at least from what I've read, to have the same big play potential that Drew showed last year.

Jones-Drew ran a 4.39 40-time while Jackson ran a 4.41 40-time.

Both have excellent speed and I believe Jackson might have the same big play potential as Drew.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TOPackerFan said:
OregonPackFan said:

Jones-Drew ran a 4.39 40-time while Jackson ran a 4.41 40-time.

Both have excellent speed and I believe Jackson might have the same big play potential as Drew.

yeah, but Jackson doesn't have 2 last names, and having 2 last names is something you can't teach.

Raider Pride

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This whole thread is turning into "One big hanging chad." that started in Florida.

Everyone has an opinion. Hold it up to the light. Turn it over. Look at it from this angle, look at it from that angle.

It is always Florida. Always. But then again... The Villages has free golf for life....

RP

Arles

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Drew had 5 rushes for 20 or more yards for UCLA in 2005. Jackson had 8 for Nebraska in 2006. Drew was a much better returner but both players are very explosive.

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
BOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOO.

I'm coming to the realization that Brett probably won't win another SB. Too bad.

This team's management is doing a fantastic job of building a team of young, productive, coachable guys who know how to keep their head down and work.

That is exactly the atmosphere that NE has had for the last half-decade, except those young, coachable rookies are now seasoned veterans.

I can't wait to hear the silence from 'fans' like you (flapack)when this team is a powerhouse a couple years from now. Mark my words. This is a great way to build a team, it's just unfortunate timing for poor #4.

Reaction score
I think this thread has run its course.

Flapackfan, I've read some of your past posts, and you have resorted to questioning the intelligence of posters because they disagree with you, and gone on to make references to posters being 'as stupid as your girlfriend', etc.

I think it's time you and this forum went separate ways. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.