Heres why i will not be a Packer fan once Favre retires

Status
Not open for further replies.

flapackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Management is completely incompetent. We take a first round DT when D-line is one of our deepest areas of our team. We draft a running back in rd 2 that we could have gotten in round 4. We dont get a tight end. We dont get a receiver. We dont get a safety or a cornerback so we can move Woodson to safety. We dont get better talent at offensive line. We still dont have a top fullback. We didnt get a better option at linebacker than Popinga. We had the chance to get Randy freaking Moss for a 4th freaking round pick which is usually going to turn out to be a backup linebacker or cornerback. What else really needs to be said??

Mgmt. totally dropped the ball this year and i refuse to support the team after my man Favre is gone which hopefully is after this year. Im tired of watching our management surround him with bad players. You will see when he retires how bad all these guys really are. Completely unforgiveable what they have done to this team.

Are we really going into the season with Bubba Franks starting again??

Are we really going to go with that guy from Nebraska and Morency as starting runningbacks ??

This team will be much worse next year. We have upgraded at ZERO positions and we have lost Ahman Green, backup tight end if i remember correctly, our receiving fullback in Henderson. I mean does anyone really think our defensive line will be any better with this rookie in there starting ahead of Pickett or Jenkins or Williams. Maybe slightly but not significantly. I just cant believe what the Packers have done this weekend.

Im going to start rooting for the Titans and Packers next year and when Favre retires after next year i will be rooting against the Packers. Once TT and McCarthy have been fired in 2 years, i'll be back rooting for the Packers but its just too damn painful to watch anymore.

cheesyscot

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree with most of what you have said, but as a Packer fan the last 38 years I could never not see myself as a packer fan. Nor My three boys... But I do hate TT and I don't mind MM

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
so...you're a favre fan.

where are some of our lions fans who come on this board. they feel management is incompetent, and they dont trade their stripes.

bye.

OP
OP
F

flapackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
so...you're a favre fan.

where are some of our lions fans who come on this board. they feel management is incompetent, and they dont trade their stripes.

bye.

And i wont be missing you Tromadz. Your opinions are as one sided as it gets. You are not even willing to entertain the idea that management is doing things the wrong way. You either work for the Packers or maybe you are a buddy of someone in upper management. Either way, you have good opinions sometimes but for the most part, you are one of those people that will not go back on what he says because you allways have to win an argument.

The bears have gotten better. The Vikings have improved and even the Lions have improved. The Packers have gotten worse. Last year we were a competitive team in many close games. That will not be the case next year. We will be blown out many times next year. We will not be competitive and thats all there is to it. There are no more tight ends available. There are no big time receivers available in the draft or free agency. There are no more safeties & running backs that will improve our team. There is nothing left for us to do besides pick up a cheap free agent that nobody else wants and plug him in and maybe he wont be horrible. That is what management has left us with. Thanks alot.

Have lots of fun with your 4-12 team next year buddy.

Bye

OP
OP
F

flapackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Fair weather fans are so cool.

Ive been a fan for 17 years. I have never rooted for another team before. Im not a fair weather fan. I am an Orlando Magic before and after we got Shaqille Oneal and i never rooted for another team. You know why?? Because management keeps trying. We got Grant Hill & Tracy McGrady and tried to build a good team. Grant Hill was hurt and things just didnt work out and i never once rooted for another team.

What the Packers are doing is a joke. Mgmt. is a joke and this team they have put together is a joke. This is a 3-13 or 5 -11 team at best once #4 is gone. We wont pay our guys and we are in Green Bay.

NOBODY will EVER want to come to Green Bay once Favre is gone. Good luck with that.

Packersfan43084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You're a complete *******. The Packers D-line was good but not as good as you might like to think. Just look at all the other D-lines in the NFC North, specifically at the DT position. Chicago has Kelly and Tank Johnson. Minnesota has the Williams'. Hell, even Detroit has Rogers and Redding. Pickett was good for the Pack last year. But no one else really was consistent. Jenkins was moved outside. Williams and Cole were up and down all year.

You have got to be able to stop the run in this division especially. We weren't able to do so consistently. Harrell will help up front and give the LB's, room to make plays.

The offensive line progressed all season long. I thought, as a whole, it was much improved from the year before. It should be very good this year with everyone back, healthy and stronger. You can't just sign guys to play O-line in
the zone-blocking scheme. It takes a lot of time to learn and fully understand.

People said the same thing last year about Jennings. Look at what he was able to do. Let TT do his job.

Do us all a favor and just leave. Beleive me, we won't miss you.

OP
OP
F

flapackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You're a complete *******. The Packers D-line was good but not as good as you might like to think. Just look at all the other D-lines in the NFC North, specifically at the DT position. Chicago has Kelly and Tank Johnson. Minnesota has the Williams'. Hell, even Detroit has Rogers and Redding. Pickett was good for the Pack last year. But no one else really was consistent. Jenkins was moved outside. Williams and Cole were up and down all year.

You have got to be able to stop the run in this division especially. We weren't able to do so consistently. Harrell will help up front and give the LB's, room to make plays.

The offensive line progressed all season long. I thought, as a whole, it was much improved from the year before. It should be very good this year with everyone back, healthy and stronger. You can't just sign guys to play O-line in
the zone-blocking scheme. It takes a lot of time to learn and fully understand.

People said the same thing last year about Jennings. Look at what he was able to do. Let TT do his job.

Do us all a favor and just leave. Beleive me, we won't miss you.

****, you dont knwo what you are talking about. WTF did Jennings do that was special?? Are you kidding me? He is a number 3 receiver or a weak 2nd receiver at best and thats all he will ever be. He is not big, he is not fast, he's injury prone. Wtf does he do that is special?

Our offensive line is good?? We max protected ALL SEASON LONG. I guess you didnt watch all the games from start to finish like i did last year. If you did, you would have noticed that we need DESPERATELY a tight end, big time receiver, Safety or corner so we can move Woodson to safety, and a replacement for Popinga since he CAN NOT defend the pass, Offensive line depth with quality 1st or 2nd round picks, not a buncy of 4th rounders or 3rd rounders who "might" be good. We didnt give up alot of sacks because we had runningbacks, tight ends & fullbacks protecting back there because our o-lineman are unable to protect the passer. How the hell are you supposed to have a successful passing attack if your running backs and tight ends are being used as blockers???

And we got none of that in the draft or in free agency or trades. This team sucks, mgmt. sucks and you suck. So shut your mouth and enjoy your 6 - 10 Packers

Woodson_fan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So you think we should put the guy that had 8 ints at saftey and not the guy that had 3?

nathaniel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wow, you know absolutely nothing about football if you don't think TEs are needed for blocking just as much as receiving. Do you even understand what the West Coast offense is?

You aren't the only person unhappy with the direction this team has taken this year, but do you remember the draft we had last year? I sure do. I was singing TTs praises that day. He hasn't made good choices so far this year, but I still hold hope in the guys we have. You're probably one of those people who jumped on the bandwagon in 1995/96. Now you're leaving to root for a team with a young and upcoming quarterback in the Titans. Hmmm...what a perfect team to jump on with. Why even root for the Packers at all this year, then? Pretty pointless. Bye.

Reaction score
If you will not be a Packer fan after Favre retires, well then you never really were a Packer fan to begin with.

I bleed Green n Gold, and I don't give a damn if you had Homer Simpson as the GM of the Packers. I'd stand up and support the hell out of him.

TT is the GM, and like it or not, he needs to be successful for the Packers to be successful. I'll support him because I support the Packers.

I love this team, and whether it is 16-0, or 0-16 I'll show up and discuss them, and every Sunday I'll be rooting them on.

I agree with trom, it seems as if you were a Favre fan more than a Packer fan. Also I agree with Nathaniel, why even root for them this year?

tabojc03

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Boy this guy is going to love the GM for the Titans. Wait he was a fan of the Packers for 17 years, so he's 17 years old or he started to like the Packers with Tom Braatz was the GM?....either way I presume with all that knowledge he should just buy the Miami Dolphins and run that franchise into the ground or wait Super Bowl....

gopackgo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Being 19 years old, Favre is the only QB I know for the Packers. I admit, it will be hard to fathom how the Packers will be the Packers without Brett. But I don't understand how someone can decide they wont be a fan before the season even starts! I mean, how much of a fan can you be? You don't even give the system a fighting chance. Thompson is entering the third year as GM and is putting his system into effect. That is not enough time to decide whether a system is working or not.

I guess I am too much of a fanatic to keep with the team.

Oh and the reason why so many fans are mad with the Packers? Because they have had their first losing season in years. People blame management because they will not blame the only constant, Favre (which they shouldn't). But I guarantee we will get fans back if we go 10-6 or make the playoffs. Most people don't have the slightest idea of management (neither do I) but the reason they are turning away is because we have had one 1! losing season.

OP
OP
F

flapackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Im not a fan of coaches and General Managers. Im a fan of players. I got into sports 17 years ago. Basketball, Football & Baseball. None of my teams were any good when i started rooting for them. I became a Packer fan after watching Favres first game. i was a Braves fan when they sucked in Dave Justices first season. I was an Orland Magic fan before they got Shaq when Dennis Scott & Scot Skiles were my favorite players. Im not a bandwagon fan. Those teams are still my favorite but the Braves & Magic keep trying to make the team better and competitive. The mgmt. does things the right way. Look at the Patriots. They got Adalius Thomas, Randy Moss, Donte Stallworth, Wes Welker & a tight end. Did i jump ship and become a Patriots fan?? Nope. Know why? Because i like Favre adn any team he is on i root for regardless is the mgmt. & coaches are worthless.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
but the fact of the matter is that you said you will not be a packers fan anymore after favre is gone. that means you're not a packer fan. and i'm sorry to be rude to you but after reading your tirade i can't help but state that you have to be deluded or just plain stupid to think that any GM doesn't do everything he can to help the team... or you've just watched Major League one too many times. snap out of it and either rescind your comments or just start cheering against the packers now if you hate the organization that much.

PackerLegend

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Management is completely incompetent. We take a first round DT when D-line is one of our deepest areas of our team.

although DT may be deep we dont have a great DT we have good ones and thats why we took him plus a good D-line makes average secondarys look good.

We draft a running back in rd 2 that we could have gotten in round 4.

wow you can see the future? can you tell me which lottery card holds the grand prize? anyways the guy fits in our scheme perfect and he sees the hole and hits it. Im pretty sure they run the ZBS so he already has experience in it. Ahman Green was from Nebraska

We dont get a tight end.

guess you werent watching when they drafted Clark Harris TE from Rutgers not to mention we have Tory Humphrey, Zac Alcorn who we have been high on but havent got a chance to play when Martin was here well now he is gone

We dont get a receiver.

Guess you missed these 2 picks two. James Jones, David Clowney. Both were talked very highly by the experts when the packers drafted them funny thing is about Jones they said teams were hoping he would go unoticed so they could have got him same thing they said about Jennings last year. also we have Ruvell Martin and Caryle Holiday who both were starting to look good and Koren if he stays clean will help out alot.

We dont get a safety or a cornerback so we can move Woodson to safety.

#1 who ever said anything about moving Woodson to safety? Him and Harris are one of the best CB duels we have had in a long time and although he covers #2 WR some say he outperformed Harris last year. Did you even watch the draft because we drafted Aaron Rouse, safety, Virginia Tech he is 6' 4" and once again we have a bunch of other guys on our roster already and the way Marviel Underwood was performing before he got hurt he probably would have beat out Manuel for the spot.

We dont get better talent at offensive line.

we drafted Allen Barbre who was also highly talked about by the scouts and our O-Line was very young but improving over the course of the year and expect the same this year.

We still dont have a top fullback.

William Henderson was on our team and Bradon Miree beat him out and outperformed him which shows although he may not be a top FB he has skills

We didnt get a better option at linebacker than Popinga.

Poppinga did fine last year for basically his rookie season because he saw the field the whole year starting. He is improving and that DT you are complaining about should help put pressure and take out o-line blocks so our fast LB's can get to the QB.

We had the chance to get Randy freaking Moss for a 4th freaking round pick which is usually going to turn out to be a backup linebacker or cornerback. What else really needs to be said

Randy wanted to go to New England because he felt like he had a better chance there to get something he doesnt have yet, a ring. Also he was unwilling to redo his deal with the pack because he wanted to go to New England.

Are we really going into the season with Bubba Franks starting again

although he was very dissapointing last season he is still a good blocker and can catch the ball sometimes. And who will be starting will be determined throughout the numerous minicamps and preseason because jobs are earned.

Are we really going to go with that guy from Nebraska and Morency as starting runningbacks

that is what it looks like Morency did good last year and was alot quicker then Green and what is so bad about that guy from Nebraska? he already has experience in the ZBS and maurice jones-drew was a 2nd round pick last year and he did very good

This team will be much worse next year. We have upgraded at ZERO positions and we have lost Ahman Green, backup tight end if i remember correctly, our receiving fullback in Henderson.

the team wont be worse. We lost an ageing RB who got paid to much and was very fumble prone, a backup tight end who couldnt stay healthy and a old FB who was beat out by Bradon Miree. WOW big losses there!

YERCELL

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ahman Green was from Nebraska

In case you didn't know, Nebraska has changed a tad since Ahman was there. Interesting fact, Paul Hornung and Brady Quinn both played for Notre Dame.

PackerLegend

Cheesehead
Reaction score
PackerLegend said:
Ahman Green was from Nebraska

In case you didn't know, Nebraska has changed a tad since Ahman was there. Interesting fact, Paul Hornung and Brady Quinn both played for Notre Dame.

I know it doesnt mean a thing about any other RB's that come from there it was just more of a fast fact

axelred13

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Two quick things...

1) Why blindly support anything management does?

2) They have been trying to get rid of Hendu for years now, they finally got their wish. Hendu is gone now and we will see how his successor's legacy fairs.

axelred13

Cheesehead
Reaction score
axelred13 said:
Two quick things...

1) Why blindly support anything management does?

One quick thing....

Why blindly hate anything management does?

I'm not saying that...BUT if the pick/move doesn't make sense SUCH AS trading down to get more pick and possibly the same player why can't we rip on that?

(Cleveland was desperate to get Quinn, I'm SURE something could have been done...and I know that we probably wouldn't have gotten the same guy with what Cleveland gave us.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts