Here's the Official's Review After the Game

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
my understanding of PI is that a ball needs to be catchable as well, something pererra didn't address, and I question how catchable that ball was.

BayouCowboy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The ball was catchable if Austin was not tripped and allowed to continue his route. So we have the premature stoppage on the strip by Harris which cost the Pack a turnover and the bad call on the offsides which cost Dallas a sack and fumble recovery.

Looks like the calls are a wash and i hope that puts this to rest.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Interesting video. Thanks. The PI call was touchy, but I never thought it was a bad call. Williams was not even playing the ball. When a DB gets burned and ends up chasing a receiver down the field, bad things usually happen.

The call against Harris was terrible, though, because the official who declared the play to be over did not even have a view of the ball.

On an editorial note, I have to say that I'm sick of listening to my fellow Packer fans complaining about the officials after every single game. I think we have had more than our share of bad calls go against us this season, but that's life. The rules are complicated and often the refs just plain suck. It's not a conspiracy. Get over it.

The Cowboys outplayed the Packers. If the Packers outplay the Cowboys next time, the Packers will win the game.

Heelntoe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
fwiw... here's the official rule (http://www.nfl.com/rulebook/passinterference):

Actions that do not constitute pass interference include but are not limited to:

(a) Incidental contact by a defender’s hands, arms, or body when both players are competing for the ball, or neither player is looking for the ball. If there is any question whether contact is incidental, the ruling shall be no interference.

(b) Inadvertent tangling of feet when both players are playing the ball or neither player is playing the ball.

It was PI and it was not questionable... somebody plz start an Okland thread.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Greg C. said:
Interesting video. Thanks. The PI call was touchy, but I never thought it was a bad call. Williams was not even playing the ball. When a DB gets burned and ends up chasing a receiver down the field, bad things usually happen.

The call against Harris was terrible, though, because the official who declared the play to be over did not even have a view of the ball.

On an editorial note, I have to say that I'm sick of listening to my fellow Packer fans complaining about the officials after every single game. I think we have had more than our share of bad calls go against us this season, but that's life. The rules are complicated and often the refs just plain suck. It's not a conspiracy. Get over it.

The Cowboys outplayed the Packers. If the Packers outplay the Cowboys next time, the Packers will win the game.
Maybe if they stopped giving us things to "complain" about, I'd stop complaining. :wink:
It might be "life", but that doesn't mean we have to say "Oh well, who cares". Heck....you think i enjoy seeing bad calls against us? Nope...i don't. Especially in such a big game. Maybe had they made the right calls we still would have lost, but i guess we will never know.
Who wants to make a bet that there will be at least ONE obvious bad call against us in the Oakland game?
Heck......i won't bet......even with such a sure thing! :lol:

Members online

Latest posts