1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Here's one to consider

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by net, Apr 21, 2006.

1. net

net Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +86
    While the Internet is awash with trade rumors, many involving the Packers, one that caught my eye is this:

The Packers and Texans exchange spots. Packers draft Bush or Williams, Texans get Ferguson, with an exchange of lower picks or players, like Roman or Ferguson.

One of the 'insiders' at PackerChatters is saying the Packers also have targeted Vernon Davis, seeing him as fast enough to play wide receiver.
    It would create a nightmare scenerio for defenses. You put Bubba and Donald Lee at tight ends(Lee is also very fast), Driver and Gardner wide, Davis in the slot. Several other teams covet Davis and are willing to trade with the Packers, one mentioned is New England.

It might be one of the more interesting opening hours of the draft this year.

2. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    I have seen so many scenarios, i don't have ANY idea who the Packers will end up with..........i'm glad the draft is coming up quick.

3. 4packgirl

4packgirl Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    amen to that cheesey!! 8)

4. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Hi 4pack!
    It makes me glad the Packers pick 5th this season........for so many years, they were good, and thus picking 28th-32nd. You had to wait most of the day to find out who they would get in the 1st round. Now we should know in the first hour! Hopefully it will be someone that can help the team right away.
    I wonder if we will know if Favre is coming back by then? (I hope)

5. bozz_2006

bozz_2006 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +652
    maybe we could meet in the game room chat section for the draft like we did when favre had his golf press conference. i don't know how many people would come, but it might be fun. i would (almost) feel a little guilty for ponying up to the computer with a budweiser early in the morning, but i think i could get over it.

6. digsthepack

digsthepack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Football is the only reason I have left to drink in the morning.

Viva la football!!!

7. dhpackr

dhpackr Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    i would think if hawk and mario are gone, the packers will draft BPA = Vernon Davis

8. Chamuko

Chamuko Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Did you???? I am having a beer right now !!!!

9. digsthepack

digsthepack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Sadly, Chamuko, I am at work. But footall Sunday is sacred. Big artery-clogger breakfast with bloodies and beer......mmm, mmmm, good...and we are not talking Campbell's Soup here!!

10. Chamuko

Chamuko Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0

**** I forgot I am my own Boss,,,, so It will be very hard for me to fire myself...

On the other hand it is wise from you to have a heavy breakfast and then use the best medicine known to men to help uncloging the arteries and disolve cholesterol Beer and booze !!!

11. DePack

DePack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    God Bless You Chamuko! I have been trying to convince my doctor of that for years! He comes more from the "newschool" teachings such as Lipitor, eating right, drinking less and staying in shape. He's a pain in my arse. I will forward him your post! Wish me luck! :D

12. Since69

Since69 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    No way I'd spend a #5 draft pick so I could retrain that player to play another position.

That means I wouldn't take Davis to play WR, and I wouldn't take Ferguson a have him play guard. I'd love to draft Huff, but not to play corner.

Does anybody know if Vince Young has any experience long-snapping?

13. bozz_2006

bozz_2006 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +652
    does catching shot-gun snaps count?

14. Bobby Roberts

Bobby Roberts Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Davis projects to become a great TE, but that doesn't mean he'd be a good WR. His best position is TE. He hasn't worked or developed the route running or cutting ability that a WR needs. I think a team can split him out at times to create mismatches, but he's a TE.

As for Ferguson, why waste the #5 pick on an OG? We can get the best or second best OG with our 2nd round pick, who will be more ready to start for us at OG come this fall!

15. vbpackerbacker

vbpackerbacker Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Every team is blowing smoke trying to keep the all other teams guessing.
    Believe none of what you hear, and half of what you see.
    I just hope like hell we end up with Mario or AJ Hawk with our first rounder!
    Go PACKERS

16. Since69

Since69 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    Ummm... you do realize you're agreeing with me, don't you?

17. porky88

porky88 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Horrible value if GB wants the #1 pick then they need to trade Houston there #5 probably a 3rd this year and next years 1st rounder.