Heres how we keep guy's who can make a play.

OP
OP
rodell330

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was quoting you, not Rodell Dude! Think about your post. You tell me to get a life yet you are critiquing my post. Yea, get a life indeed.
Finally, don't tell me what to focus on. Are you the new editor here? Focus on your own posts Border, not mine.

pot calling the kettle black? Honestly you seem like you can dish it out but can't take it as you critique me every chance you get.

OP
OP
rodell330

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jordy/Cobb/Jones/Boykin/Draft pick would really be a fantastic receiving corps.

Keep in mind that Jordy and Cobb are both FA's after 2014. Keep Nelson or Raji? That's a no-brainer to me.

Ugh you wanna keep Raji? wow man smh. Nah, but in all seriousness? Nelson is far more valuable than Raji....it's not even close.

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes GB was feared for it's 5 wide receiver sets. But how long do you want Aaron Rodgers running such an offense?
Another TT failing. We used to be feared for our 5WR set. Now we are talking about letting JJ go? When they are all healthy, we can field 4 that can catch, as it is, 3.

The 5 receiver sets weren't scaring teams with talented pass rushing front 4s anymore. DEs used to lick their chops at that front. Green Bay needed to invest in a more balanced Offense, specifically running the football. Hard to work Eddie Lacy into a 5 receiver Offense, I suppose you consider drafting Lacy a failure as well.

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hope they can keep Jones. His becoming a more reliable WR before last season wasn't luck. He willed himself to avoid drops and the results were spectacular. He's a great fit in Green Bay, but there's no way he's a number one WR in the NFL.

Sadly I think he's a player you have to let go. I really do like him, but he's expendable and I think other receivers bring more to the Offense. Nelson and Cobb are your 1 and 2 with Boykin emerging as a top notch number 3. Don't forget we're going to have to extend Lacy after this year. It's just not ethical put him through the pounding we put him through on his present wages. This isn't the 70s where you could just pump them full of pain killers and send them back out on the field no mater the injury, guys like him rarely have long careers.

As for Raji, he might not be worth 8 million per but IMO he probably brings more value to the team than James Jones does.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ugh you wanna keep Raji? wow man smh. Nah, but in all seriousness? Nelson is far more valuable than Raji....it's not even close.

How did you get that from that post? Nelson IS worth far more to the team. I mean it's a no brainer to keep Nelson over Raji.

I'm notoriously opposed to paying Raji. I think he would instantly be the most overpaid player on the team if we did do it.

Bus Cook

You're never alone with a schizophrenic
Reaction score
Wilmette=>Fontana=>Lake Geneva=>Michigan ugh
How did you get that from that post? Nelson IS worth far more to the team. I mean it's a no brainer to keep Nelson over Raji.

I'm notoriously opposed to paying Raji. I think he would instantly be the most overpaid player on the team if we did do it.
Exactly. This is how he plays in a CONTRACT year.

OP
OP
rodell330

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Lol you completely missed the sarcasm on that one. I know you would much rather have Nelson...weall would.

OP
OP
rodell330

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm one of those people who never ever get tiered of talking about the draft and how to improve our roster so here we go again. I'm a firm believer that championships are won through the draft and i'm not going to bash Teddy i just think there are areas for improvement.
He's not a terrible gm.. but for those of you who follow baseball let's compare him to Adam Dunn shall we. Has enough home runs to be productive, but lots and lots of strikeouts.
I wonder what his approach will be this next draft?? The defense continues to be the achilles heel and the o-line still doesn't have a solid foundation in place. Yes injuries occur but solid depth is just as important as dradfting a stud.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't agree that we don't have a solid foundation in place on the O-line.

You've got Sitton and Lang at guard, should be able to bring back a respectable EDS for a modest price. You get Bulaga back next year and Bahktiari has already established himself as one of our starting tackles. So you can keep Bulaga on the right side next year and you've got a decent line of Bulaga, Bahktiari, EDS, Lang, and Sitton. You've got Tretter also returning as a backup at C and G and Barclay and Sherrod backing up at the tackle spots.

That's a much improved line already with good depth without even adding anybody. This year's line already took some nice steps from the last few years past and they're heading in the right direction.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't agree that we don't have a solid foundation in place on the O-line.

You've got Sitton and Lang at guard, should be able to bring back a respectable EDS for a modest price. You get Bulaga back next year and Bahktiari has already established himself as one of our starting tackles. So you can keep Bulaga on the right side next year and you've got a decent line of Bulaga, Bahktiari, EDS, Lang, and Sitton. You've got Tretter also returning as a backup at C and G and Barclay and Sherrod backing up at the tackle spots.

That's a much improved line already with good depth without even adding anybody. This year's line already took some nice steps from the last few years past and they're heading in the right direction.

I look at depth as knowing you have a guy that can come in and not be dominant but he won't sabotage things either. All of our depth is of the "ok, we've got a guy that fits the physical profile for the position" variety. We have no proven depth at any of the interior line spots. Hopefully Sherrod can bump Bahk to a backup role and we're all projecting when we just assume Bulaga can play left tackle. Really, the only known quantities on the oline are at starting guard and center.

However, all that said, I'm still a big believer that a good oline isn't really that important if you have a good quarterback. None of the recent Super Bowl winners had anything resembling dominant olines and I'd be perfectly happy going into next year with the same underwhelming line we have right now. Defense is where this team is weakest and hopefully we can fix some of that this offseason.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts