1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

HERE WE GO, AGAIN!

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by MontanaBob, Jul 24, 2007.

1. MontanaBob

MontanaBob Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Same old same old out here in Montana this summer. Some of you may remember last summer when I posted about our fires and evacuations. Well, de ja vu all over again. We are on standby alert again, only this summer it's three weeks early. We have had 27 straight days above 90 degrees and 15 of those above 100......and not a drop of rain since June 28th. All the campgrounds are closed; hiking trails closed; no outdoor fires at all, and they just closed several streams to fishing because of the low water and high temps. :noflame:

We have smoke all over the place and can hardly see the mountains across from us...less than 1/2 mile away. There is one big fire near us, but burning away from of so far, but several smaller burns are threatening to combine together just west of us. If that happens we are out of here. We all have our roof sprinklers on 24-7, and a several of us are taking turns all night long hosing down the edge of the fence line that seperates us from the Lolo National Forest.

Other than this, it's beautiful. Heat, fires, no rain.....what more can you ask for in the summer? :thumbsup:

BTW....anyone from Texas can send us some rain if you care to.

2. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8
    And that would be way more than enough of a reason to move for me.

3. Pack93z

Pack93z You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime

Ratings:
    +22
    The inlaws live in Texas, there was a point where Denton had 48 straight days of rain. To bad rivers don't run North.

4. CaliforniaCheez

CaliforniaCheez Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I hear you. Northern California had a record dry winter and you heard about the fire near Tahoe. I think the government makes these situations worse through mismanagement over the years.

Last year was the wettest year in over half a century so nature can work things out.

Bureaucrats and fire, is a dangerous combination.

5. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Wow Bob!!!
    I'd say it's about time to move to WISCONSIN!!! :thumbsup:
    Although we haven't had much rain here, at least the fire situation is'nt bad.
    Keep us updated on how you are doing!

6. Green_Bay_Packers

Green_Bay_Packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +113
    well we have had floods in Britain but they havent affected him.