Here is what I see in the close future

Chamuko

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was out of town for ten days, as soon as I came back I began to check for any Packer news and I found more and more of the same thing.

So IMHO I think:

1.- TT is really looking for a team of his own, if this means 4 or 5 loosing seasons he is willing to wait to have it, haven’t you noticed that we have been signing ONE year contracts, with guys coming form serious injuries or the bench, except Picket.

2. - TT is loosing the last chance for the Packers to have a shot at a decent season with Brett, I think Brett will be very disappointed with what we have done in the FA so far, we haven’t got one real good WR, we lost Flanny, haven’t replaced him with a good proven center, and have you noticed that the GUARD position is still unguarded?.

3. - TT didn’t really make a push to get Vinatieri because he knows that we wont be loosing or winning a lot of games by 3 points, he knows we will be on a losing record, and if Brett retires we will have a very bad loosing record, and normally we wont even be closer than 2 touchdowns in the score board, we will learn the hard way that a bad kicker like Cundiff might be cheap but cheap kicks we will get, ask the Cow girls they had 3 kickers last year or ask the Packers how many punters we had in the last 2 years, well we still lack a punter, but we let a good one go 2 years ago.

4.- Other than Picket we have only added cheap players that wont turn into TO´s, Leroy’s, Vinatieri´s or Sterling Sharpe’s, by the way I am not counting any of the one we re-signed as a team you don’t get better by keeping your good players, as a GM you do your job by keeping them.

5. - If we have another bad season it will be TT´s heaven more high pick draft choices, more options to build his team.

6. - We got an unknown guy as Head Coach, coming from a team that was even worst than last year Packers, with a new playbook, a new blocking scheme, so if Brett comes back it will be learning time for all of us, and a big risk of a mayor injury next year as he wont get the proper protection, especially with no added talent on the O.L.

7. - TT is willing to wait for some years for his rookies to become the real thing, anyway if you give a playoff season to a bunch of Packer Fans after 4 or 5 loosing seasons they will forget about the loosing times.

8.- I have heard a lot about the Sea chickens “TT´s team making it all the way to the Super Bowlâ€

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Chamuko said:
I was out of town for ten days, as soon as I came back I began to check for any Packer news and I found more and more of the same thing.

So IMHO I think:

1.- TT is really looking for a team of his own, if this means 4 or 5 loosing seasons he is willing to wait to have it, haven’t you noticed that we have been signing ONE year contracts, with guys coming form serious injuries or the bench, except Picket.

2. - TT is loosing the last chance for the Packers to have a shot at a decent season with Brett, I think Brett will be very disappointed with what we have done in the FA so far, we haven’t got one real good WR, we lost Flanny, haven’t replaced him with a good proven center, and have you noticed that the GUARD position is still unguarded?.

3. - TT didn’t really make a push to get Vinatieri because he knows that we wont be loosing or winning a lot of games by 3 points, he knows we will be on a losing record, and if Brett retires we will have a very bad loosing record, and normally we wont even be closer than 2 touchdowns in the score board, we will learn the hard way that a bad kicker like Cundiff might be cheap but cheap kicks we will get, ask the Cow girls they had 3 kickers last year or ask the Packers how many punters we had in the last 2 years, well we still lack a punter, but we let a good one go 2 years ago.

4.- Other than Picket we have only added cheap players that wont turn into TO´s, Leroy’s, Vinatieri´s or Sterling Sharpe’s, by the way I am not counting any of the one we re-signed as a team you don’t get better by keeping your good players, as a GM you do your job by keeping them.

5. - If we have another bad season it will be TT´s heaven more high pick draft choices, more options to build his team.

6. - We got an unknown guy as Head Coach, coming from a team that was even worst than last year Packers, with a new playbook, a new blocking scheme, so if Brett comes back it will be learning time for all of us, and a big risk of a mayor injury next year as he wont get the proper protection, especially with no added talent on the O.L.

7. - TT is willing to wait for some years for his rookies to become the real thing, anyway if you give a playoff season to a bunch of Packer Fans after 4 or 5 loosing seasons they will forget about the loosing times.

8.- I have heard a lot about the Sea chickens “TT´s team making it all the way to the Super Bowlâ€

D.Levens

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Chamuko said:

So IMHO I think:

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm sorry, but in the NFL, there's no "waiting a few years for a good team". if you're the GM, you have to do everything you can field a good team every sunday. i don't care if you're in Green Bay or Minnesota, No GM in the league will keep his job through 5 losing seasons. TT may be kind of a tightwad, but this stuff is ridiculous.

D.Levens

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
(2-3 seasons..it should have said...especially if TT is thinking of building primarily through the draft....)

and TT is willing to wait...imo...from watching his actions so far....

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How is he building this team for a run in 3 years when the majority of his signs are for one year at near the vet's minimum.

OP
OP
C

Chamuko

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well De Pack, that is mainly why I see that 3 -5 years, he is buying insurance policies while he build via Draft, I dont really understand what is TT doing, if he is going to make a run this year why hasnt he signed any good players???

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Chamuko said:
Well De Pack, that is mainly why I see that 3 -5 years, he is buying insurance policies while he build via Draft, I dont really understand what is TT doing, if he is going to make a run this year why hasnt he signed any good players???

TT has made one good sign from outside the organization...Pickett. He overevaluated Manuel (I think he has compromising pictures of TT).

All the TT apologists were creaming their pants about the signing of Ben Taylor. The guy couldn't even get more than minimum wage offers from other teams. Boerighter....same thing! Cundiff :puke: , but who cares...he's a kicker!

OP
OP
C

Chamuko

Cheesehead
Reaction score
De Pack:

Sorry about Pickett I should have made it clear I like the guy..

On Manuel,,,, wel I havent thought about those picks but it might just be true !!!!

Have a good one..

paxvogel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like Pickett and Manuel signings. No other quality signings that I see and I will say it again the interior line is worse and unless we see some serious effort from TT to upgrade I doubt Brett comes back. Make a run at Faine PLEASE, he is the only quality guy left.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
paxvogel said:
I like Pickett and Manuel signings. No other quality signings that I see and I will say it again the interior line is worse and unless we see some serious effort from TT to upgrade I doubt Brett comes back. Make a run at Faine PLEASE, he is the only quality guy left.

pax...I tried to like the Manuel signing but I went back and looked at his past. There is nothing there to like. I also read that nobody else was interested in him but the Packers. Of course, TT kind of jumped the gun and had a deal with him before anybody else could even talk to him, so who knows?

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
and I say if he has TWO more losing seasons he will be out a here. Who's to say this guy gets that much time to get things going in the right direction?

Everyone will be calling for his head, his butt, and anything else left over by then. His job is to win. He knows his job. If he can't do the job he will be gone and he knows it.

This whole building for the future crap is overblown. The best anybody can do with this whole free agency thing is hold onto a core of players and than fill in the best you can. Then go win.

Building more than a core group is unrealistic and just doesn't happen. You shuffle, adjust, and move on. Period.

If he can't cut it by the end of '08, TT will not be back in '09. H more than anyone should know the length of his contract means nothing.

SuperRat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Manuel signing is a very solid signing, Seahawks fans that I've talked to said that if it wasn't for his injury in the playoffs, they would of been able to do much better but they had a logjam at the safety position so they had to let him leave. The reason for all the one year deals isn't to make it so there are more TT players, more likely than not it is to build up in the short term so that Favre has big WRs to throw to and the young linebackers have time to develop. The short term deals are for when Favre does decide to retire, the rebuilding can truly begin. It is annoying to see people on this board think that the Packers should go out and get every big name they can. That isn't how sports teams build to win championships. Teams that do that usually dissapoint. Such as the Redskins usually do. Real teams build through the draft.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
SuperRat said:
The Manuel signing is a very solid signing, Seahawks fans that I've talked to said that if it wasn't for his injury in the playoffs, they would of been able to do much better but they had a logjam at the safety position so they had to let him leave. The reason for all the one year deals isn't to make it so there are more TT players, more likely than not it is to build up in the short term so that Favre has big WRs to throw to and the young linebackers have time to develop. The short term deals are for when Favre does decide to retire, the rebuilding can truly begin. It is annoying to see people on this board think that the Packers should go out and get every big name they can. That isn't how sports teams build to win championships. Teams that do that usually dissapoint. Such as the Redskins usually do. Real teams build through the draft.

Have you checked the guy out? C'mon the Walrus just signed Burleson to a $49 mil deal. He wouldn't have let this guy go for $10 mil over 5 years unless he wasn't worth it. This is a case of TT falling in love with one of his former players.

BTW....the Redskins were in the playoffs last year year and have a hell of a lot better chance to be there this year than we do.

My point about the contracts is not just that they are only one year, but that they are so cheap. Doesn't that tell you something?

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
gopackgo4 said:
are you f****** serious? what the hell is witht these stupid conspiracy therories.

I know.

A negative thread bu Chamuko?!?!?! WHO WOULDA THOUGHT!

SuperRat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Uh yeah have you checked out the Seahawks Wide Reciever depth? They have been trying to solidify that position for years so yeah they overpaid for a reciever. The amount of money Manuel is getting most likely wasn't that much of a factor. 10 million over 5 years really isn't that bad. Also Manuel probably decided he would rather go to the Packers so that he can be a starter. It makes perfect sense.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
SuperRat said:
Uh yeah have you checked out the Seahawks Wide Reciever depth? They have been trying to solidify that position for years so yeah they overpaid for a reciever. The amount of money Manuel is getting most likely wasn't that much of a factor. 10 million over 5 years really isn't that bad. Also Manuel probably decided he would rather go to the Packers so that he can be a starter. It makes perfect sense.

Good Post!! :p

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
porky88 said:
SuperRat said:

So you guys are saying the Burleson signing was a good one? WOW

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DePack said:
porky88 said:
SuperRat said:

So you guys are saying the Burleson signing was a good one? WOW

5 years 10 mill isn't over paying for Manuel. Someone stated we overpaid for him and I disagree with that. I think SEattle clearly overpaid for Burleson but they overpaid for him because of the need and they wanted back at the Vikings. Only 5.25 mil of that contract Burleson signed is guarnteed. He'll restructure in a year anyways.

dannychau22

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think the one year minimum deals are great because if they perform well then he will resign them and if they suck then he'll just let them go.

You need to have faith in TT. He did build the 2006 NFC Champion Seahawks you know.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
5 years, 10 mil...translates to 2 mil a year. if he sucks, hes gone. its the guaranteed money thats the kicker, and how much was it? im serious, i dont know what he got.

If this guy turns out to be as good as Holmgren and TT tell me he is, then that deal might not be bad at all. And if hes a bust, its a cheap bust.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
dannychau22 said:
I think the one year minimum deals are great because if they perform well then he will resign them and if they suck then he'll just let them go.

You need to have faith in TT. He did build the 2006 NFC Champion Seahawks you know.

NO...If they perform well they are free agents. If you want to believe TT built the 2006 Seachickens, that's up to you.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts