Here is another option for the Packers, very good RB

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
TITANS TO TANK HENRY

The Nashville Tennessean reports that the Titans will cut running back Travis Henry on Saturday, in order to avoid a roster bonus of $8.3 million that comes due on Monday.

The move will leave the team without Henry or Chris Brown under contract. Lendale White, a rookie in 2006, is the other tailback on the team.

Thus, the Titans likely will be in the market for help at the position.

Another option if they actual do cut him loose, has ran well for the Bills and the Titans, neither have the best line in the world.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree all the way. He's very similar to Green in many ways. He's coming off a 1200 yard year. He's been productive with two different teams. He makes a lot of sense if you can't get Green.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Henry has been released.

ESPN Insider has confirmed that his Agent has been contacted by the Packers.

Reaction score
He was suspended last year for violating the leagues drug policy.

He is one more violation away from a year suspension. Might be to much of a risk to pin all our RB hopes on him.

OP
OP
Pack93z

Pack93z

Reaction score
That substance violation was in 2005, and played very hard last year. But I agree it could be a risk, but we pinned our hopes to Robinson last year:)

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That substance violation was in 2005, and played very hard last year. But I agree it could be a risk, but we pinned our hopes to Robinson last year:)

I'd hardly say we pinned our hopes to him...

But on the subject of Henry, I think he's just an absolute stud. My guess is TT will wait on this year's FAs, at least a week, but if TH makes it that far, I'd be just elated if the Pack brought him in.

cyoung

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well Travis Henry would be a nice fit in with the packers I think, I would love to see Ahman back. If he is gone though I say sign up Henry

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm excited about this guy, but I don't think it's likely that we sign him.

Here's the lowdown on Henry. He'll be 29 in Oct, but has shared carries quite a bit in his career. Let's get excited, people!
:jumpsmile: :cheerleader: :jumpsmile:

Yared-Yam

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not excited at all. Dude can't stay healthy to save his life. Which is a shame because I'd be chasing him with a loaded gun if he came here.

Green+Lynch would be a delicious combo.

PackerLegend

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers, Houston and Oakland also talked Henry's agent, Hadley Engelhard, on Saturday, but the Packers are waiting to see what happens with Green before making any moves and didn't set up a visit with Henry.

cyoung

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well I'll miss Green but Travis would be a nice pickup now that Green is gone for good.

refpacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I take it back we need RICKY WILLIAMS...arguably the best back in the league before he left!!

OP
OP
Pack93z

Pack93z

Reaction score
Well check off Henry in a Packers uni....

Running back Travis Henry agreed to a five-year contract that include $12 million worth of guaranteed money with the Denver Broncos. Henry was scheduled to visit Oakland, Green Bay and the New York Giants and those visits were cancelled after he reached the deal with the Broncos.

http://www.nfl.com/nflnetwork/story/10033511

Ted plan "C" time:)

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, 12 mil guaranteed? Insane. I hate the idea of overspending for players with ?? i'm OK with passing on him. Maybe we can trade for Willis? :shrug:

Since69

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well check off Henry in a Packers uni....

Running back Travis Henry agreed to a five-year contract that include $12 million worth of guaranteed money with the Denver Broncos. Henry was scheduled to visit Oakland, Green Bay and the New York Giants and those visits were cancelled after he reached the deal with the Broncos.

http://www.nfl.com/nflnetwork/story/10033511

Ted plan "C" time:)

Ted's still on plan 'A'. We have the money. If TT thought he was worth it we could have signed him. Henry's no better than Green, and only one year younger.

Ted's got it covered folks, trust me. Better yet, trust him.

OP
OP
Pack93z

Pack93z

Reaction score
Ted's still on plan 'A'. We have the money. If TT thought he was worth it we could have signed him. Henry's no better than Green, and only one year younger.

Ted's got it covered folks, trust me. Better yet, trust him.

Well I hope plan a isn't Vernand Morency and a rookie:) Oh and don't forget about a bargin stop gap, say maybe Stephen Davis.

In all seriousness, there is alot of time left, but we can't alway bargin shop, we need some more talent on this team. I trust and hope he has a plan, but don't try to tell me that he thought Green won't be in Green & Gold this year. He has to be on his secondary thought now with regards to a running back.

Members online

Latest posts