Here’s how you fix this offense FOR GOOD

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Quick uptempo attack. The Packers use more of the play clock than any other team I’ve ever seen in my life. When you run uptempo you don’t allow the defense to sub, and it gives you more time to audible out of plays or into plays if you see something in the defense you don’t like or do like.

Less Jimmy Graham: At this stage what’s the point? Unless they are in the red zone it makes absolutely zero sense to play Jimmy Graham. Mercedes Lewis has shown he can be just as useful in the passing game and he’s 10 times the blocker. There is no element of surprise really when you see Graham on the field. Most defenses should expect some type of passing play 85% of the time as the guy cannot block.

Time to move on from Geronimo Allison in 3 wr sets. Lazard is clearly better...and with more opportunities and 1st team reps he will gain more confidence and experience. Get Allison out of there. The only reason I’m not including MVS is because he’s the only real “deep threat” they have at the moment. Other wise I’d say put his *** on the bench as well.

More sets that feature Jones and Williams on the field at the same time is the best offensive look the Packers can present. Both guys catch the ball extremely well and you can get into some of those motion jet sweeps and put a lot of stress on the defense. BE CREATIVE LaFleur.

Short passing attack. Get the ball out of Rodgers hands. When you run the short passing game effectively then that allows you to hit those double moves for the big gainers over the top.it also forces the defense to play more man which then creates more 1 on 1 opportunity for Adams. If you’re going to force feed him at least make it easier.

Last but not least, find another guard other than Billy Turner.

The END

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There is no "for good" in NFL imo.

This game is probably where the team was overconfident and took their eyes off the road.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Quick uptempo attack. The Packers use more of the play clock than any other team I’ve ever seen in my life. When you run uptempo you don’t allow the defense to sub, and it gives you more time to audible out of plays or into plays if you see something in the defense you don’t like or do like.

Less Jimmy Graham: At this stage what’s the point? Unless they are in the red zone it makes absolutely zero sense to play Jimmy Graham. Mercedes Lewis has shown he can be just as useful in the passing game and he’s 10 times the blocker. There is no element of surprise really when you see Graham on the field. Most defenses should expect some type of passing play 85% of the time as the guy cannot block.

Time to move on from Geronimo Allison in 3 wr sets. Lazard is clearly better...and with more opportunities and 1st team reps he will gain more confidence and experience. Get Allison out of there. The only reason I’m not including MVS is because he’s the only real “deep threat” they have at the moment. Other wise I’d say put his *** on the bench as well.

More sets that feature Jones and Williams on the field at the same time is the best offensive look the Packers can present. Both guys catch the ball extremely well and you can get into some of those motion jet sweeps and put a lot of stress on the defense. BE CREATIVE LaFleur.

Short passing attack. Get the ball out of Rodgers hands. When you run the short passing game effectively then that allows you to hit those double moves for the big gainers over the top.it also forces the defense to play more man which then creates more 1 on 1 opportunity for Adams. If you’re going to force feed him at least make it easier.

The END
1. Agree. Rodgers seems to think he is so much smarter than everyone else that he waits until the last second to hike the ball. That does not work well. Uptempo!
2. Agree. Use him less and when you do use him; get him downfield a bit. But not deep.
3. Both. Geronimo should be on the outside right and I think he would do well there. MVS can go deep from the slot. I like Lazard.
4. Agree. They are both threats and can both stay back to pick up blitzes.
5. Both. Whereas you need the short attack. I am a big believer in the mid range. It isn't just short or long. Or at least it shouldn't be. imho One reason Allison should be wide to the right.
6. Agree. But none of them looked good yesterday with Jenkins the only one that did not look horrible.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I will admit would love more quick counts....the defense I swear always know we're snapping under 2 or 3 seconds left on the play clock.

The concept of getting delay of games after penalties and such is autrocious and Rodgers and Lafluer both deserve kicked out of the stadium for that crap. No excuse.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ummm you're forgetting one important ingredient rodell ....

EXECUTE THE DAMN PLAY

Sorry, but that was the problem yesterday. Game plan was only as good as the execution, and the execution was so poor it wouldn't matter how we chose to attack

OP
OP
rodell330

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score

EXECUTE THE DAMN PLAY

Sorry, but that was the problem yesterday. Game plan was only as good as the execution, and the execution was so poor it wouldn't matter how we chose to attack

I agree. But I could tell after the first couple series they would need to adjust the game plan they cane in with. Unfortunately a lot of these coaches script about 15-30 plays and get stuck on trying to run those plays. LaFleur has shown that if the offense starts slow, it’s usually going to end up a bad day for that side of the ball.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree. But I could tell after the first couple series they would need to adjust the game plan they cane in with. Unfortunately a lot of these coaches script about 15-30 plays and get stuck on trying to run those plays. LaFleur has shown that if the offense starts slow, it’s usually going to end up a bad day for that side of the ball.

Is it bad I feel he should have just looked at Aaron and said pretend it is the two minute drill and go. He wasn't prepared with a game plan and IMO refused to do a massive shift in the plan to combat the issues which clearly bending us over like a.....er....um which were clearly destroying us.

melvin dangerr

In it to Win it All
Reaction score
It seem like the Packers looked past a struggling Charger team and were beaten all the way around, Carolina should not be taken lightly with this B QB, if their is no pass rush, relying on the DB’s to make a play makes me cringe, I hope Arod opens it up and goes back to being the Rodgers who makes the necessary plays, Mc Cafferty is no joke he’s quick and strong and is AJones like in pass catching, will be interesting how MLF and Pettine readjust..

Reaction score
Much of this comes back to limited receiver experience around #12. Even if these guys excel it takes a number of weeks to get in sync. We’re clearly not there.

Then at TE, with Graham leading the charge? I understand we’re stuck with his contract, but not stuck with him being used as much. I actually believe Marcades is better short term and I’d have Tonyan or Sternberger working with the first team and gradually phasing out Jimmy. The best way to get a player performing is competition. If he wants his job back make him earn it while getting limited snaps.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Tonyan hasn’t been available since he hurt his hip to start the season

RicFlairoftheNFL

Cheesehead
Reaction score

The END

None of this fixes Rodgers who just like the previous 4 years is a significant part of the problem. I'm not saying move on from Rodgers, I'm saying challenge him/**** him off, whatever you got to do for him to come out week in and week out trying to prove he's still the best damn QB in the league.

Reaction score
Tonyan hasn’t been available since he hurt his hip to start the season
We have had both in practice recently. We also are afforded a bye after next week so that’s plenty of preparation time. In 3 more weeks we should see both of them and start phasing our Jimmy “Lumbering“ Graham out of said equation.

Same goes for Sternberger and Cheese. Let’s get him involved. :tup:

Southside

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here's a thought to improve the overall team performance. Guaranteed to work. When the team goes on the road it might be best not to spend evenings out getting drunk and chasing the women folk. Makes for tired hungover football players that get their ***** whipped on Sundays. And that is what actually happened. Read between the lines...........

"We've got to be honest about our routine and decisions we made the last 48 hours and make sure that our heads are in the right place the next time we come on a big road trip, which will just be in three weeks.” — Aaron Rodgers

Last edited:

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here's a thought to improve the overall team performance. Guaranteed to work. When the team goes on the road it might be best not to spend evenings out getting drunk and chasing the women folk. Makes for tired hungover football players that get their ***** whipped on Sundays. And that is what actually happened. Read between the lines...........

"We've got to be honest about our routine and decisions we made the last 48 hours and make sure that our heads are in the right place the next time we come on a big road trip, which will just be in three weeks.” — Aaron Rodgers
If true...it would be ridiculous. Can't believe it.

H

HardRightEdge

What's the point of being a pro baller if you can't indulge in some SoCal ********? ;)

Southside

Cheesehead
Reaction score
While Matt LaFleur said there were no curfew violations in LA, he did not disagree with what QB Aaron Rodgers said after Sunday's loss to the Chargers about the team not handling the 48 hours in California right. Said LaFleur on Monday: "I think any time you go out there and you have a game like that, you kind of look at everything you did. I think all of us coaches, players, have to look inward and make sure we were doing the right things and really learn from that experience."

Reaction score
Here's a thought to improve the overall team performance. Guaranteed to work. When the team goes on the road it might be best not to spend evenings out getting drunk and chasing the women folk. Makes for tired hungover football players that get their ***** whipped on Sundays. And that is what actually happened.
For just a split second...I thought you were Lombardi himself returned from the grave. Great Speech! Say it like you mean it Bro!
I’d like to print some wallet size laminated cards with that quote to remind future generations. :roflmao::laugh:

fix8ed

Cheesehead
Reaction score

The END
Great post! I had just this sort of thing in mind when Cole Beasley became available. Underrated, underused by Dallas, he had the stuff GB needed. Would have kept the chains moving and the defense on the field. Also a threat for the big play like a Randall Cobb. Was disappointed no interest was shown at the time.

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score

EXECUTE THE DAMN PLAY

Yes, up tempo is nice and all but if the guys are ******** up and missing blocks it won't matter what play is called and at what tempo. We don't really need to go uptempo as much as we need to hike the ball a little sooner before the darn play clock is at zero so often. How many times did we false start in the first quarter Sunday? Bak and Bulaga looked like Marshall Newhouse at times getting beat by Bosa and Irving! :eek:

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes, up tempo is nice and all but if the guys are ******** up and missing blocks it won't matter what play is called and at what tempo. We don't really need to go uptempo as much as we need to hike the ball a little sooner before the darn play clock is at zero so often. How many times did we false start in the first quarter Sunday? Bak and Bulaga looked like Marshall Newhouse at times getting beat by Bosa and Irving! :eek:

I sometimes wish they would have a play clock that beeps loud on Rodgers wristband so he knows he's gotta get people up to the line quick. I just don't know why he seems unaware of where it's at sometimes.

Curly Calhoun

Cheesehead
Reaction score

The END

Personally, I think I'll let LaFleur and the coaching staff handle it.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts