Henderson

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
With the Packers having a losing season (so far) most of the emphasis, rightfully so, has been how tough it must be for Favre to go out this way, if he retires. Sunday....William Henderson reminded me of what a warrior he has been with the Packers the past decade. This is probably his last season and I know it has to be killing him to go out this way. You could see it on his face Sunday. He has been a huge part of the Packers success the past 10 years and I'd love to see him get a few more wins AND the recognition he deserves from the team, should he retire.

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Agreed DePack...he epitomizes what it means to be a GBP as well as anyone ever has...humble, workhorse, will do anything for the team and never complain, not caught up in individual glory....

ChuckSTG

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hope he doesn't retire, his game is still there and age hasn't really taken over though. I think next year will be a great year and I hope Henderson is there for it. With so many (key) players out due to injury it's hard to judge this season for the packes as a whole and the coaching to (except
Rossely, still don't like him) however, If he does I wonder if hte pack wil pick up another FB to cover for him...bernstien?.

Brooks87

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DePack said:
With the Packers having a losing season (so far) most of the emphasis, rightfully so, has been how tough it must be for Favre to go out this way, if he retires. Sunday....William Henderson reminded me of what a warrior he has been with the Packers the past decade. This is probably his last season and I know it has to be killing him to go out this way. You could see it on his face Sunday. He has been a huge part of the Packers success the past 10 years and I'd love to see him get a few more wins AND the recognition he deserves from the team, should he retire.

Agree i hope William Henderson doesnt decide to "hang em up" after this year.He has been one of my favorite GBP for a looong time along with Robert Brooks, Reggie White and of course Brett.He's a workhorse and a hellava player.I remeber when he wore 30 and gave it up to Ahman green when he came to GB..

Beab66

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I totally agree!! He was 1st down the field on special teams to make a tackle and had a GREAT leaping catch of a Favre pass. His skills are eroded but he keeps making plays. Henderson is the ultimate team player. He never whines or complains. He just shows up for work and does whatever is asked of him.

tkpckfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i know you got to love this guy. hes a great person and is a team player. man, he should have more pro bowls under his belt!!!!

Chamuko

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sir William deserves to go away like a great player after a great season I believe he will be back if Brett is back. He is a proud player that is willing to give 120% on each and every down. If he stays the young guys will have a great teacher to learn from on how to be a great player and still manage to be humble, proud and honest.

By the way you can also see that desperation on Brett´s face.

Members online

Latest posts