Henderson + Viking Press Conference 3pm

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
For real???? Geez..........why don't we just change uniforms with the Vikings............they have half our team now!

The Minnesota PACKERS

Chamuko

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ja,ja,ja, well TT I think that we have a fact for real here... No spending at all, keep loosing good players, Brett is not coming back.

We are in total rebuild mode, and lets wait for 5 years to have another winning season.

Hey cheesey old timer can you wait that long???

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was JK with the amount I put down. I put it down mocking the Vikings and their overspending ..although i wouldnt doubt the real deal looks almost identical!!!

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They will overspend on WH...it iswhat they do best, overpay talent.

Would hate to lose him, but, how do you commit multi year to a 35 year old FB who, if we are honest, is in decline. His blocks no longer have the "pop" they once did. Still valuable on STs and the occasional pass, butat what cost.

Seems the Queens have taken it upon themselves to try to force Brett out of the division.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
digsthepack said:
They will overspend on WH...it iswhat they do best, overpay talent.

Would hate to lose him, but, how do you commit multi year to a 35 year old FB who, if we are honest, is in decline. His blocks no longer have the "pop" they once did. Still valuable on STs and the occasional pass, butat what cost.

Seems the Queens have taken it upon themselves to try to force Brett out of the division.

I know, ill miss him.

The vikings are hiring all of bretts friends, so he has no reason to come back. Now THAT is a conspiracy I can get down with!

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Chamuko said:
Ja,ja,ja, well TT I think that we have a fact for real here... No spending at all, keep loosing good players, Brett is not coming back.

We are in total rebuild mode, and lets wait for 5 years to have another winning season.

Hey cheesey old timer can you wait that long???

OLD TIMER!?!?!? Geez........i'm not THAT old!!!! :shock:

I will miss Henderson's leadership.........but fact is, he's past his prime. You have to start preparing for the future sometime. And if the Queens are that quick to overpay, so be it.

tabojc03

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Culpepper just passed his physical in Miami, so they are just reporting the deal is official....

OP
OP
C

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
William Henderson made no commitments and has not signed with anyone yet. He claims the Packers are still in the mix etc. Scary few minutes.

Meeting went well etc.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
CaliforniaCheez said:
William Henderson made no commitments and has not signed with anyone yet. He claims the Packers are still in the mix etc. Scary few minutes.

Meeting went well etc.

good news

and i hate to be a jerk...

but could you give us sources when you SCARE THE CRAP OUT OF US?!!? LOL

OP
OP
C

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Minneapolis radio station KFAN said there was a press conference with Henderson and the Vikings. I did not think that was good news because press conferences were usually for announcements.

Then KFAN reported the talks went well they had a good discussion but that Henderson said the Packers were still in the running and he has not signed a contract.

We knew Henderson was meeting with them from various sources. I only heard of the press conference today. The source that Henderson did not sign is the same that reported the press conference.

What did I mispost?
My failure was to assume the Vikings would be like normal people and not screw up and have a press conference for nothing?

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
CaliforniaCheez said:
Minneapolis radio station KFAN said there was a press conference with Henderson and the Vikings. I did not think that was good news because press conferences were usually for announcements.

Then KFAN reported the talks went well they had a good discussion but that Henderson said the Packers were still in the running and he has not signed a contract.

We knew Henderson was meeting with them from various sources. I only heard of the press conference today. The source that Henderson did not sign is the same that reported the press conference.

What did I mispost?
My failure was to assume the Vikings would screw up and have a press conference for nothing?

Chillax. I didnt say you misposted anything. Why do people get pissy over nothing?

first you told us there was a press conference w\ henderson, and then you tell us he made no commitments and the pack are still in the mix...and you told us both with no sources.

I just ask that if you get good intel, like you DID get(from KFan) to let us know who said it. Cuz last night with the Ty Law rumors, we have to take everything lightly unless someone tells us where they heard it.

thats all, man..

Reaction score
tromadz said:
CaliforniaCheez said:

What did I mispost?
My failure was to assume the Vikings would screw up and have a press conference for nothing?

Chillax. I didnt say you misposted anything. Why do people get pissy over nothing?

first you told us there was a press conference w\ henderson, and then you tell us he made no commitments and the pack are still in the mix...and you told us both with no sources.

I just ask that if you get good intel, like you DID get(from KFan) to let us know who said it. Cuz last night with the Ty Law rumors, we have to take everything lightly unless someone tells us where they heard it.

thats all, man..

Hey guys, anyone can make a mistake. I don't think anyone accused you of misposting Cali cheese. I just think Trom wanted to get the source to figure out what was actually going on. The bigger issue at hand is that William Henderson has NOT signed with the Vikes. :)

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
all about da packers said:
tromadz said:
CaliforniaCheez said:

What did I mispost?

thats all, man..

Hey guys, anyone can make a mistake. I don't think anyone accused you of misposting Cali cheese. I just think Trom wanted to get the source to figure out what was actually going on. The bigger issue at hand is that William Henderson has NOT signed with the Vikes. :)

yep!

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Maybe Henderson is just giving the Packers a chance to match the offer. Which I don't think they should. That sounds like an insane deal for an aging fullback. It will be very sad if we lose him, though. He and Brett are the only players left from the Super Bowl years.

gopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
you scared the crap out of me thanks. but i think he will be back. he would love to finish his career here and he was at fanfest

4packgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
just a thought but maybe henderson's waiting to see what brett does. i'd really like to see him finish his career in the green & gold right beside brett - after this season, at least!! :)

BACKIN-PACKIN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Henderson is getting old. Signing a big contract for his limited services is like a 40 year old looking to date a thirteen year old with a rich father. Let him suck up all the cap space he can from the Vikings, meanwhile, time for the Packers to move on.

Just another sunny day with a glass of lemonade and a drive thru Racine County.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts