Henderson signed by Packers!!

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
stump5454 said:
"(Negotiator) Andy (Brandt) worked hard to make things happen because they didn't want to let him go. We reached a place where they put a little bit more on the table than the Vikings had. It made monetary sense."

I like the 'negotiator!' Good work, Andy.

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hope he has that magic with AV. I have a feeling he will be a Packer, and that given the conditions for much of the season, the team understands the importance of spending some dough on this spot.

vikefan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think it's a good signing by you guys, but I'm a little confused.

The Packers put a little more on the table than the Vikes, but just two days ago a lot of you folks said the Vikes were overpaying as usual.

Therefore, haven't the Pack overpaid?

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
vikefan said:

The Packers put a little more on the table than the Vikes, but just two days ago a lot of you folks said the Vikes were overpaying as usual.

When you retain one of your better players it is okay to over pay a little. That overpaying is for team chemistry.

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, before we determine if he has been overpaid, it PROBABLY makes sense to know what the contract entails.

Does that make sense??

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
vikefan said:

well you would have overpaid for a new FB.

we overpaid for a team leader, packer legend, and a friend of our HoF QB who is THINKING about retiring.

Besides, we didn't set a NFL record for an FB offersheet or anything...we let the NFL contract records go to your vikings. You finally won something!

jk, man

Bruce

Cheesehead
Reaction score
vikefan said:

Of course you are confused, you are a Vikings fan. You have our sympathy and our pity, but don't expect us to have to start explaining everything to you -- far too much remedial work. :wink:

vikefan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bruce said:
vikefan said:

Of course you are confused, you are a Vikings fan. You have our sympathy and our pity, but don't expect us to have to start explaining everything to you -- far too much remedial work. :wink:
LOL....I was just re reading the Vikings-Henderson thread of a few days before and thought I'd comment on the flip flopping all of us homers do. :p

vikefan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
vikefan said:

well you would have overpaid for a new FB.

we overpaid for a team leader, packer legend, and a friend of our HoF QB who is THINKING about retiring.

Besides, we didn't set a NFL record for an FB offersheet or anything...we let the NFL contract records go to your vikings. You finally won something!

jk, man
Oh, I'm a winner everyday, my man.! 8)

OP
OP
C

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think the problem was money but length of contract. Last week Henderson had rejected a Packer one year deal. At his age those one year deal can make you a vagabond drifting from team to team, year to year. I can see why he would not want that.

If Henderson is making a lot in this deal that is good for him. For the Packers this old timer Pro Bowler is great quality for the price. Even if some think the Packers overpaid, he certainly has done more than expected previously. Fans love a hardworker who does not complain and does his job well. A little more for 2 years is fine.

One has to know that he loves playing for the Packers and he used the Vikings for some leverage.

Henderson has never been a problem but with that terrible organization sniffing around a 2 year deal was best for everyone. With all the kick offs and 3-and-outs he can be a leader in tackles.

The way this happened they probably reached the agreement by phone last night and printed and signed the document this morning.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
4packgirl said:
jsonline said the deal went down this morning.

Then tha would explain why the paper didn't say anything..

I'm glad to have Henderson back. He's still a team leader something this team really needs.

Gopackgo82

Cheesehead
Reaction score
LambeauEast said:
Sharper and Longwell I can handle, but seeing Henderson with the Queens would have been as bad as seeing my girlfriend with another man.

Exactly. :lol:

gopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA awsome I kind of knew he would come back he doesnt want to be a queen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4packgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
digsthepack said:
Well, before we determine if he has been overpaid, it PROBABLY makes sense to know what the contract entails.

Does that make sense??

oh now digs...why would we want to get confused with details when conjecture can be SO much fun?!?!? :roll: :wink: :lol:

Members online

Latest posts