Henderson signed by Packers!!

Andy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I understand that local TV in Green Bay reported it as well. Here is the link to the Packer Report message board. This information comes from the administrator of the board.

http://mb16.scout.com/fpackersfansfrm1. ... 1427.topic

The green beer will taste great today, especially if the Pack can ink Vinatieri to a deal. I also think Brett will make it official very soon that he is returning. :)

net

Cheesehead
Reaction score
William is a man. He's a straight-up dude who did his job, at times very well, and never made a show.

But the guy is 35 and was having trouble getting on the field last year with Vonte Leach as his competitor.

Andy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That was last year's coaching staff that took away time from Henderson. Leach is NOT the answer. Now or in the future. The guy has terrible hands, he couldn't catch a cold. His blocking is also over-rated. Hendu can still block, not as well as he used to, but he is still solid. He is an EXCELLENT receiver who can make people miss. He is also still a demon on special teams. He is a pro's pro. I still think the team should explore taking a FB late in the draft...someone like Matt Bernstein.

DakotaT

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Henderson is a consumate professional. Had Tyrone Davis, **** Hunt, David Martin, Smokin Joe Johnson, etc. ever taken a look at how a real pro goes about business, the Packers might have won another championship or two, other than the NFC North title. But then again, Sherman and Rossley would still be here too. Karma is a *****!

Great signing. I just hope he can rub off on Vontae Leach a little bit.

Robin Yount

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am curious about the signing bonus.

The Queens passed on him (and so did we originally) because he wanted at least a $3 million signing bonus.

I love the man, but come on. A 35 year old fullback should not get that kind of money. Especially since there are a number of good FA fullbacks available.

We will see.

BACKIN-PACKIN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yooperfan said:
I've looked everywhere and I can't find anything other than that Packer Report link that Henderson was IN FACT signed. :?:

Either Packer Report is the harbinger of breaking news, or just one of the best rumored sources for starting threads like this.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I went to the Packers site, and they didn't have anything listed about it. Wonder if it's true.........

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The pressgazette is saying that Henderson is still deciding between us and the Vikings. packers.com has nothing on this (though I'm not surprised seeing as how they haven't even announced the Pickett signing yet).

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
LOL!! I HOPE it's turns out that way.......a TRUE rumor.......that would be something new, hey? :wink:

4packgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
it's true!! jsonline reports it's a 2 year deal with incentives. no further details on the deal yet! woohoooo!!! lotsa green beer for me tonite!!!!
:beer:

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nothing in the Paper about it either... If it happened Thursday Night I'm sure something would of been said in the paper. hope it's true though!

stump5454

Cheesehead
Reaction score
3/17/2006 12:56:09 PM

here is the article

By Tom Silverstein

Packers agree to terms with Henderson
Fullback William Henderson, one of the longest tenured players on the Green Bay Packers roster, will be back for another year, and perhaps more.

The ageless Henderson spurned an offer from the Minnesota Vikings and agreed to terms on a two-year deal with the Packers Friday morning, his agent, James D. Williams said.

Henderson, who turned 35 last month, visited the Vikings this week and received a very competitive offer, Williams said. But the Packers came back with a slightly better offer and Henderson jumped on it, choosing to return to the team that drafted him in 1995.

"It was touch and go," Williams said. "(Negotiator) Andy (Brandt) worked hard to make things happen because they didn't want to let him go. We reached a place where they put a little bit more on the table than the Vikings had. It made monetary sense."

Williams said Henderson's preference was to stay in Green Bay. He said however, that it was important to him to get a multi-year deal with a signing bonus, which is what he ultimately got.

Williams declined to give specifics of the deal.

If he starts this year, Henderson is expected to be able to earn incentives to boost the value of the deal. Williams said Henderson expected to play both years of the contract and perhaps beyond it.

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That is great news. Glad to have Big Will back for some more. He is not the player he was only a few years ago, but his leadership, ST play and work ethic are very important to this team...and also another incentive for one Brett Favre to return.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts