1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Help-My poor cat

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by Jules, May 1, 2012.

1. Jules

Jules The Colts Fan

Ratings:
    +754
    I am out of the country right now for vacation/work. Had to get my passport renewed since it expired too so I can't go home for a few more weeks as I wait for it to come back.

On Thursday my 19 and a half your old (will be 20 in September) became sick on Thursday. She stopped eating much of her food, started throwing up and has not been able to poop well. She has not pooped for two days.

My mother told me she is taking the cat to the vet tonight for an emergency appointment. The cat is really struggling.

I am hoping they find a cure but I am afraid this is it.

I feel awful. I am not there for her but she is just as close to my mother as she is me.

I talked to the cat on the phone earlier.

I just pray they can find a way to help. She is blocked up, constipated. She is not keeping food down.
    She is frail.

I can't imagine. I have known this cat since I was 12 years old and it might be over soon.

Maybe it's best if she is put down and I am not there. I would be an emotional wreck. I have never had a pet die and my mother has had several before.

I have zero control over this situation. My mother sent me a picture of her this morning and she looked okay but she looks so tired.

2. Jules

Jules The Colts Fan

Ratings:
    +754
    Yep. She's gone. They had to put her down. She had tumors in her blocking her ability to eat and release. The doctor told my mother she was ready to go and it only took her 5 seconds to die. Her body mass was tiny. This was all developed very fast.

RIP baby

Hard to believe, she looked flawless 3 weeks ago. This past week she fell apart and tumors started to eat her body.

:(

3. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,994
    Sorry to hear this..You are the 3rd person this week that I know that lost a cat..

I been there and words cant be enough..

Just try to know pets are a part of family...And one day you will see her again

• Like Like x 1
  4. PackerFan71

PackerFan71 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,001
    Sorry to hear this Jules, its really tough when you loose a pet like that. At least you know that she is in no pain, you did the best for her and thats all you could do. You have the memories of wonderful companion.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Jules

Jules The Colts Fan

Ratings:
    +754
    Yep. I felt a strange feeling of peace though when the time she was put to sleep happened, even though I am far away. The doctor told my mother she was ready to go and she died within 5 seconds of the shot. She went very fast.

He had been her doctor since she was a baby.He said she reached her end and was ready.

I WILL see her again someday, yes.

I had no idea she had all these tumors. I guess they developed rather fast. I did not get to officially say good bye to her but I told her I loved her on the phone this afternoon when I called my mothers house.

My mother thought it would be too tough to call me while they said goodbye at the hospital.