1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Announcement is LIVE: Read the Forum Post

Help, I'm looking for easy to read information about footbal

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by Swamper, Jul 19, 2006.

1. Swamper

Swamper Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    A friend of mine is a 49'ers fan. He's pretty knowledgable about football and the players who participate in the NFL teams.

I'm a little rusty when it comes to following the game. I've never played football, only the past couple of years have I been watching football, and I find it difficult at times to keep up with the players and the technical aspects of the game itself.

I've been reading the forum for a while now to help build up my knowledge of the game and of my favorite team, THE GREEN BAY PACKERS!!

The problem is my friend runs circles around me when it comes to knowledge of the game and of it's participants.

Is there any place on the net I can go to get some really good, easy to understand, info on the NFL, the game of football, and the players of the game (Past and Present)? :shrug: I really want to beable to keep up with my friend when he starts bagging on my team.

Thanks for the help. :new:

2. Bobby Roberts

Bobby Roberts Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    www.nfl.com is a good place to start for general NFL information. It contains information on all of the players in the league -- eg basic stats, years in the league, teams played for throughout career, etc. It also contains a history section and links to sites for each of the teams in the league.

www.packers.com is a good source for Packer information -- eg coaches, news, players, history.

These are 2 good starting points, but unfortunately you're at a major disadvantage. Your friend has been watching for a longer amount of time and therefore should know all of the information that you need to search for. My advice for you when he starts dissing the Packers is to post his claims here and allow the posters here to help your arguments. There's a wealth of Packer/NFL knowledge on this site and I know that there's plenty of us willing to help you defend baseless arguments.

3. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,970
  4. bozz_2006

bozz_2006 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +650
    Re: Help, I'm looking for easy to read information about foo

my advice is, don't get discouraged. Most people who are REALLY into football have been around the game their whole lives, so don't let your friend push you around (and most importantly, don't let him poison you with 49er propaganda). Just read... A LOT. and you'll be fine. and like bobby said, there are a ton of guys on here who would love nothing more than to be your personal smack-talking coach, especially in the weeks leading up to the regular season. OH, and i remember i got the 75th anniversary book that the NFL put out a while back, if you can go pick that up from a library, that would be a GREAT resource for learning about how the game developed. also check this out, it's the NFL entry on Wikipedia.com

5. Ryan

Ryan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
  6. DePack

DePack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1

The best thing you could do is go back through this forum and read all the posts by a guy named DePack. Memorize everything he says about football because it is the Gospel :wink:

7. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    yeah read everything depack says, look at all of his opinions...

then believe the opposite.

8. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,970
  9. Swamper

Swamper Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the help. You listed some sites that I had not visited before and I will look up the book recommendation also.

Last season was ruff. The only consulation is the 49er's were in the same boat (actually, a little worse). So my buddy couldn't really push me around too much.

He has indicated that there's been some positive press on how the niners are going to be doing this season.

I got to admit, I'm a little worried. Niners have been rebuilding for a while now and the Pack is starting with some new coaching with no track record.

10. bozz_2006

bozz_2006 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +650
    don't worry about the niners. if you find it necessary to worry, then worry about the vikings, lions, and bears. and worry about gonorrhea... that shi† is EVERYWHERE!

11. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8

sig material

12. 4packgirl

4packgirl Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0

WELL, bozz - did you forget about lil ole ME??? i'm not a guy but talkin smack happens to be one of my specialities & i DO know my fair share about the game of football.

good luck, swamper - stick with us & we'll learn ya some shite!!! :wink: :lol:

13. arrowgargantuan

arrowgargantuan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    a niner fan talkin sh!t???

thats priceless. that franchise is in shambles right now, your buddy is well aware of it too. thats what we call...deflecting!

14. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    yeah and who in the hell was their OC last year? that guy shouldnt have a job in the nfl!@

15. arrowgargantuan

arrowgargantuan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4

serious!

wait a sec..

16. NiVeK

NiVeK Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0

I also recommend going under the fan knowledge section here at packerforum.com

17. bozz_2006

bozz_2006 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +650

course not, i was just using the word 'guys' in the collective sense of the word. a form of 'we', if you will. plus, i figured you'd be too busy grab-assing with Cheesey to lend the new guy some help. BURN!

PS. that was mean, you're cool and most surely a better ****-talker than i am. probably have nicer boobs than i do, too.

18. 4packgirl

4packgirl Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    well, how DARE you talk about ME grabbing cheesey's *** - it's ALWAYS the other way around!!

now, getting back to the boobies question - unless you weigh like 300 lbs & have major man-boobies, i'd say...me beats you in the boobalage department!!!! :)

19. bozz_2006

bozz_2006 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +650
    Damn! i knew it!

20. Ryan

Ryan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    Pictures....

21. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8
    pics or i call bs

22. DePack

DePack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    She's bluffing!!!!

23. bozz_2006

bozz_2006 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +650
    hold your breath homos. i'm only 200 lbs., not 300... so i really don't have boobs. but i guess for the right price i can provide you with some pics. who wants to be the first to start in with the offers?

24. 4packgirl

4packgirl Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    well, if cheesey wasn't such a "gentleman" (cough, cough) he'd be able to tell you about my endowments. but because i know the cheeseman, he'll never share that type of info. guess you'll just have to use your imagination.

and bozz - i'd LOVE to see pics of your...wait, nm!!!

25. Ryan

Ryan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    LMAO.. :lol:

:watches as Cheesey receives 352 PM's requesting a description of 4pack:

I vote 4pack posts a picture or twenty of her self.