1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

help from Italy

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by ciro, Aug 19, 2005.

1. ciro

ciro Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, my name is Ciro and i am a Packer's fan from Rome, Italy.
    (sorry for my english)
    In December me and some friends will come to Green Bay for the match against the Bears.
    I would like to know if you know what is the best way to buy tickets and wich are the best seats to buy without spend a lot of money. We are looking for an accomodation in Green Bay too, do you know any hostel, bed & breakfast or hotel? And what is the best way to arrive in Green Bay, plane from chicago, NY, Milwaukee, car, train?
    Tanks a lot for your patients.
    See you at Lambeau Field...!

2. NCPackerfan

NCPackerfan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I'll leave it up to the locals to suggest ticket options and travel arrangements, but I do have one piece of advice.......DRESS WARM!!!!

3. IPBprez

IPBprez Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +5
    If it was me, I'd write to the Packers personally - let them know you are coming all the way from Europe. You are not the first person to come from across the water just to see a Packers game. Last year another Italian did the same thing - If I can find the article we will post it here....

But, my point is that the Packers made a big deal out of it - and Bob Harlan stopped by to shake the man's hand, personally. Truth is the Packers have a great resource for tickets if you do not mind where you sit. If you go to the Packers Web site and sign up for the Packers Premium Membership - then Season Tickets are sold at face value to other Members of that group.

It might be worth the trouble to check that out. Certainly, you should write Bob Harlan a Letter to alert him you are coming.

As far as hotels (hostels) are concerned, there are several, but you would need to reserve your room(s) now....
    There is the Tundra Lodge - but some say it's a bit pricey --
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    TUNDRA LODGE

- the entire listing of hotels is on the Green Bay (city) web site.... Here ----

Total Listing of Hostels

http://www.greenbay.com/visit/visitgreenbay.htm
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

If you look at the top of the link provided - you'll see where to click on PLACES TO STAY
    - You'll be fine, just remember to stop in at Fuzzy's Place while you're there
    - no trip is complete without it.

Go Packers!

4. carol k

carol k Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Yes, definitely stop in at Fuzzy's, and maybe if you are lucky, you will get to meet him and have your picture taken with him.

5. PackerChick

PackerChick Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    [quote="ciro

6. Ryan

Ryan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    Ciro, myself and 11 of my friends will be going up for the game too. We will have to see what your schedule looks like and see if we can meet up with you guys for a beer!