Hello From New Orleans

InsaneSaint

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey guys,
I am new to your forum and as you can tell from my screen name that I am a Saints fan. I am not here to be a trash talker or anything like that. I definately admire the Packers orginization and its fanbase. A long rich history of great football. We have great fans here also. Fans that have stuck by our team through all of the losing seasons such as myself. I wish you guys all the best this year (except when you play my saints of course :) I look forward to getting the opportunity to talk football with you guys and hopefully this lockout ends soon so we can all enjoy some football again. We all suffer together :(

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Redirecting to the Introduce Yourself area...

Welcome to the site! We have some great Saints fans that have come here last season and in 08, some really classy fans that also came to talk football (and a little trash talk, doesn't hurt anyone as long as it's not offensive, and it wasn't.)

Just a quick heads up, we have different sections to adress different topics, so please try to find the appropriate section when posting. Specially regarding smack talk. It'll only be allowed in the smack area.

Anyway, really, really, REALLY looking forward to the kickoff week. I'm positive it'll be a great game (with the Packers winning, of course ;) )

OP
OP
I

InsaneSaint

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We will see about that :) But anyway its going to be a great game no matter who wins

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure there'll be A LOT of talk about player-organized workouts. The team that did the most (Saints) against the team that didn't have any (Packers).

OP
OP
I

InsaneSaint

Cheesehead
Reaction score
True. I always thought of Aaaron Rogers as being a leader. I thought he would have organized something. I think they think bc they won the superbowl that they dont have to do anything. lol

p.s. I know he tweeted something about the saints and their workouts as if he was making fun of them. we will see come gameday

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
True. I always thought of Aaaron Rogers as being a leader. I thought he would have organized something. I think they think bc they won the superbowl that they dont have to do anything. lol

p.s. I know he tweeted something about the saints and their workouts as if he was making fun of them. we will see come gameday
It's because these workouts don't have much meaning. Only 1 player has been hurt in these, the players aren't taking it serious. How many players usually have season ending career injuries by now? A ton.

Don't say Rodgers isn't a leader because he hasn't organized it. They got together several times and decided it's not important. They'll do it if no CBA is reached by the time training camps start.

And, yes, we'll see. A lot of sportcenter watchers will no doubt blame the lack of workouts if the Saints win, giving no credit whatsoever to how good their team actually is...

morningwood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers is obviously a leader, GB just didn't value player led workouts like we did. It may have had something to do with the fact that they were already facing a shortened offseason. I will bet they have done something to bring their younger players along.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Welcome Saints fan!!! There all several other nice Saints fans on here too! I can't wait for the season to begin (hopefully!) and we get to play you! I've always had a lot of respect for the Saints, best of luck to you guys this year.

As for the workouts. Don't get it into your head that because they are not working out as a team, that they are not working out as individuals. Check out our players tweets to see what our beasts have been up to!

OP
OP
I

InsaneSaint

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just think it's important to stay together as team and for the new guys to get familiar with their teammates and learn the system. If they aren't going to take it serious then you shouldn't be there. That goes for any team. I think drew is just trying to keep everyone together to remind them that they are still a team lockout or not

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just think it's important to stay together as team and for the new guys to get familiar with their teammates and learn the system. If they aren't going to take it serious then you shouldn't be there. That goes for any team. I think drew is just trying to keep everyone together to remind them that they are still a team lockout or not

Two very different situations.

First of all, the Saints stopped working in early january, while the Packers went on to February playing.

Also, the Saints IIRC have a league leading number of Free Agents, and the team is composed of free agents in the most part, so the team chemistry isn't as high as the Packers, that are composed almost solely of draft picks, and have the exact same core for 3 years running now.

The Packers will lose at tops 3 starters to free agency. They're not counting on any rookies to contribute early on, and the replacements have already been through camp and know the playbook...

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
are we seriously having a conversation about off season player work outs?

It wasnt that long ago that we had to beg our franchise player to just show up to training camp on time.

Plus its one thing to be a great player on the field its a whole nother thing to lead quality training sessions. Outside of Peyton Manning not many players come to mind.

bornnraisedwhodat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Saints fans are invading!!!

Hi guys.

Just thought I'd chime in here.

As a team that won the SB a year ago, I can only respect the fact the your players havent hooked up for workouts. You guys played a long season and went into the the post season as a 6th seed. Rest is needed and deserved. The Saints on the other hand got booted out by the lowly Seahawks. So our players really wanted to get together and put together something meaningful.

And it was. 30-45 players showed up continuously through the 6 week Organized Workouts. And they weren't just lifting and running, they had 7 on 7's, film study, conditioning, etc. All of our rookies showed up to learn some of the playbook to get up to speed. I feel it will be very helpful once the season starts.

You guys are LOADED with talent, so I expect nothing but the best from the Pack. But as a team coming off a Super Bowl win, expect to be hunted. You could play the suckiest team and they will play you like it's their Super Bowl.

But I think the vet leadership on your team is strong enough to over come those type things. I fully believe Week 1 wont be the only time we meet next season. I just hope if we meet in the playoffs, it will be in the Dome. Saints suck in cold weather!

PS. THANK YOU FOR EMBARRASSING THE FAILCONS IN THE GEORGIA DOME!!!

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Saints fans are invading!!!

Hi guys.

Just thought I'd chime in here.

As a team that won the SB a year ago, I can only respect the fact the your players havent hooked up for workouts. You guys played a long season and went into the the post season as a 6th seed. Rest is needed and deserved. The Saints on the other hand got booted out by the lowly Seahawks. So our players really wanted to get together and put together something meaningful.

And it was. 30-45 players showed up continuously through the 6 week Organized Workouts. And they weren't just lifting and running, they had 7 on 7's, film study, conditioning, etc. All of our rookies showed up to learn some of the playbook to get up to speed. I feel it will be very helpful once the season starts.

You guys are LOADED with talent, so I expect nothing but the best from the Pack. But as a team coming off a Super Bowl win, expect to be hunted. You could play the suckiest team and they will play you like it's their Super Bowl.

But I think the vet leadership on your team is strong enough to over come those type things. I fully believe Week 1 wont be the only time we meet next season. I just hope if we meet in the playoffs, it will be in the Dome. Saints suck in cold weather!

PS. THANK YOU FOR EMBARRASSING THE FAILCONS IN THE GEORGIA DOME!!!
This is kind of what I'm saying. It's not that you guys are wrong doing it and we're right not doing it, or vice versa. Just very different circumstances.

PS. YOU ARE WELCOME. THAT'S JUST RETRIBUTION FROM KICKING THE QUEENS IN THE FACE IN THE NFCC GAME!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts