Hello from a tricky (dietary-wise) Australian.

Stewie1986

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hello,

I’m a Packers fan from Australia and we went to the Jets game (incredible game) and are going to the Lions game next week. My wife and I were hoping to experience tailgating and we’re hoping some locals could help us out. However, we have tricky dietary issues, as I can’t have dairy, onion or garlic (yes, I’m a cheesehead who can’t have dairy) and my wife is a coeliac (she’s gluten free). Does anybody have any ideas for me or a better thread for me to post in or are we likely to struggle to have the tailgating experience?

Thanks for any information in advance,
Stewart

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Welcome. I can't offer any dietary advice because even as an old geezer - I eat whatever the heck I want to. I firmly believe the body is a garage and I can put whatever I want to in there. ;) Hope you brought some warm clothes along. It sure won't be a balmy 43-degrees like yesterday's game was.

Try this:

https://www.packerforum.com/forums/the-green-bay-life.16/

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Most brats are bathed in onions of some sort. Can probably find some just soaked in beer though

OP
OP
Stewie1986

Stewie1986

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply weeds,

I wish that was the case for us. I’ll post a reply in one of the threads there. We do have warm clothes, but will probably get a Packers beanie and scarf on the Saturday (we are doing a tour of Lambeau).

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Most brats are bathed in onions of some sort. Can probably find some just soaked in beer though

THAT is a travesty, I say!!! I think that if one dug into the history books far enough, freegin' onions could be blamed for every man-made AND natural calamity that has befallen us as a people. Why on god's green earth do people do things like that to a poor defenseless Brat? Why... that's just un-German-American.

There is a deep fried, bacon wrapped Brat at Lambeau -- maybe you could find Chili to put on top. :)

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply weeds,

I wish that was the case for us. I’ll post a reply in one of the threads there. We do have warm clothes, but will probably get a Packers beanie and scarf on the Saturday (we are doing a tour of Lambeau).

A beanie???? Good God, man. I recognize that's probably Aussie lingo for something other than what I'd call a "beanie" ... see, we have a bunch of Brits here (one in particular) who do not seem to have a real strong command of the English language and yet, insist on claiming that THEY invented it. :laugh::cool: If you search for posts to illustrate my claim, search a fella named BuggyBill.:x3:

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
maybe you could find Chili to put on top.
My gawd what an abomination. Kraut and mustard are the only acceptable toppings. (TBT: I have been known to add some mayo.) Unfortunately for the OPs spouse, they are served on some type of bun. The stands inside Lambeau will be happy to provide one without a bun. Last time I worked a stand, they would not guarantee gluten free brats though. MSG maybe? OP needs to be advised that authentic Wisconsin chili in local restaurants contains macaroni noodles. National chains don't in their establishments though.
I'm going to put in a plug for my son's food stand: Lambeau Links on the outer wall behind section 106.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

Just throwing it out there but have you thought of following another team all together ? Just for your health sake ;)

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

A beanie???? Good God, man. I recognize that's probably Aussie lingo for something other than what I'd call a "beanie" ... see, we have a bunch of Brits here (one in particular) who do not seem to have a real strong command of the English language and yet, insist on claiming that THEY invented it. :laugh::cool: If you search for posts to illustrate my claim, search a fella named BuggyBill.:x3:

You cheeky bugger :x3:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts