1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

HEIR APPARENT or APPARENT AIR

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by CaliforniaCheez, Aug 28, 2005.

1. IPBprez

IPBprez Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +5
    Thanks, Digs - thanks alot - for reminding me how old I am... I owe ya!

Here - :packbeer: - Drink one of these fer me, eh?

2. net

net Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +62
    So Brett Favre retires this year.

We draft a stud defensive tackle(doesn't look like we need one now in Bates' defense).

We start 2006 with Craig Nall. Then the revolving door of wanna-be's come forward. Don Horn to Scott Hunter to John Hadl to......

Carson Palmer has a higher ranking than the Manning from Indy.

Carson Palmer sat on the Cincy bench for two years...behind Jon Kitna.

All this thread proves is how valuable numbers are. Here's one: zero.

3. IPBprez

IPBprez Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +5
    You okay this morning, NET - had yer coffee yet?

I "like" the Peyton Manning comparison to Carson Palmer....
    We'll know the truth of it, pending the Colts make it to the big dance and WIN... or NOT!

4. Buckeyepackfan

Buckeyepackfan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Darn, if only he Packers wouldn't have sold their soul for a washed up John Hadle, Bart Starr would probably still be the head coach of The Packers!!! We have some of the greatest Monday morning QB's ever to be heard from. This crap is getting rediculous.

5. GakkofNorway

GakkofNorway Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    would be a good idea to start Craig Nall next year if Brett decides to throw in the towel..

6. Greg C.

Greg C. Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    The fact that you are using preseason passer rating as an indication of Rodger's abilities is beyond silly. You mention that he is playing against second team defenses, but don't bother to mention that he was playing with second team offenses. Preseason football is generally dominated by defense because the offenses are vanilla and the players are out of sync, which favors the defense. And Rodgers is a rookie anyway, for crying out loud. It usually takes three years or more to find out if a QB is going to be good.

7. JbShell

JbShell Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I agree most developmental curves on Qbs are 2- 3 years look at Peyton Eli Carson and others even Brett took 4 years to become what he is. If Qb takes a QB in this Draft I will have proof positive that TT is a tool

8. GakkofNorway

GakkofNorway Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I don't think Peyton Manning belongs in that collection of developed QB's. He threw over 3500 yards in his rookie season.

9. Greg C.

Greg C. Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    So I guess what you're saying, California, is that a team should never draft a QB with a high pick, because they take a few years to develop. I do not agree. QB is the most important position on the team, and a good one can give you 10-12 years of quality play. It's worth the wait.

10. CaliforniaCheez

CaliforniaCheez Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Well Greg C.,

No absolutes are intended just that it was not the right fit at the time in the franchise.

Although now that you mention it, Bulger, Hasselbeck, and Brady were all 6th round guys.

11. IPBprez

IPBprez Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +5
    Once again - Favre was drafted by Atlanta in "what round"..?