HEIR APPARENT or APPARENT AIR

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
digsthepack said:
IPBprez...Mr. Rodgers is a GREAT comparison! Did you know he was a trained killer for our armed services...and notched up an impressive record on his job. He wore long sweaters to cover up the many tattoos from that time so as not to remind him of that part of his life.

As well, Bob Keehan (yes, Captain Kangaroo to my fellow boomers) was a WWII Hero...and received the Army's highest honors for bravery from his tour of duty.

Yes, not specifically football...but Mr. Rodgers will be a quiet killer with a smile on his face for us.

Thanks, Digs - thanks alot - for reminding me how old I am... I owe ya!

Here - :packbeer: - Drink one of these fer me, eh?

net

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So Brett Favre retires this year.

We draft a stud defensive tackle(doesn't look like we need one now in Bates' defense).

We start 2006 with Craig Nall. Then the revolving door of wanna-be's come forward. Don Horn to Scott Hunter to John Hadl to......

Carson Palmer has a higher ranking than the Manning from Indy.

Carson Palmer sat on the Cincy bench for two years...behind Jon Kitna.

All this thread proves is how valuable numbers are. Here's one: zero.

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
net said:
So Brett Favre retires this year.

We draft a stud defensive tackle(doesn't look like we need one now in Bates' defense).

We start 2006 with Craig Nall. Then the revolving door of wanna-be's come forward. Don Horn to Scott Hunter to John Hadl to......

Carson Palmer has a higher ranking than the Manning from Indy.

Carson Palmer sat on the Cincy bench for two years...behind Jon Kitna.

All this thread proves is how valuable numbers are. Here's one: zero.

You okay this morning, NET - had yer coffee yet?

I "like" the Peyton Manning comparison to Carson Palmer....
We'll know the truth of it, pending the Colts make it to the big dance and WIN... or NOT!

Buckeyepackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Darn, if only he Packers wouldn't have sold their soul for a washed up John Hadle, Bart Starr would probably still be the head coach of The Packers!!! We have some of the greatest Monday morning QB's ever to be heard from. This crap is getting rediculous.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The fact that you are using preseason passer rating as an indication of Rodger's abilities is beyond silly. You mention that he is playing against second team defenses, but don't bother to mention that he was playing with second team offenses. Preseason football is generally dominated by defense because the offenses are vanilla and the players are out of sync, which favors the defense. And Rodgers is a rookie anyway, for crying out loud. It usually takes three years or more to find out if a QB is going to be good.

JbShell

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree most developmental curves on Qbs are 2- 3 years look at Peyton Eli Carson and others even Brett took 4 years to become what he is. If Qb takes a QB in this Draft I will have proof positive that TT is a tool

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So I guess what you're saying, California, is that a team should never draft a QB with a high pick, because they take a few years to develop. I do not agree. QB is the most important position on the team, and a good one can give you 10-12 years of quality play. It's worth the wait.

OP
OP
C

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well Greg C.,

No absolutes are intended just that it was not the right fit at the time in the franchise.

Although now that you mention it, Bulger, Hasselbeck, and Brady were all 6th round guys.

Members online

Latest posts