Healthiest Packer Team in recent memory

morango

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't want to jinx anything, but this has been a remarkable season for the packers in terms of overall health of the roster. Over the last decade, the packers have perennially seemed to be one of the LEAST healthy teams in the NFL, constantly losing starters and important role players to injuries throughout the season.

There were years especially when hamstrings kept popping, and we wondered about training methods, wanting the entire strength and conditioning staff fired. There were years with an epidemic of concussions, core injuries, shoulders, etc. In the 2010 Super bowl year, the following players missed major parts of the season on IR, PUP, or designated OUT: Nick Barnett, Atari Bigby, Morgan Burnett, Brandon Chillar, Jermichael Finley, Ryan Grant, Justin Harrell, Al Harris, Spencer Havner, Mike Neal, Brad Jones, Pat Lee, Marshall Newhouse, Brady Poppinga, James Starks, and Mark Tasucher. Similar injury levels occurred in 2012, 2013, and 2017, with between 250 and 325 games lost due to injury.

This year, they's had Davante Adams miss a few games with turf toe, and Darnell Savage a few games with an ankle. That's it. The only players of note on injured reserve are Raven Greene and Lane Taylor.

Is it a coincidence they reveamped the training staff this offseason?

In any case, I hope this lack of serious injury continues for five more games!!

Last edited:

GBowner

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I’ve been thinking the same thing for awhile. I hope it’s a difference in training/ practice regimen and not just luck. Are players more willing to play through pain when the team is winning? Maybe that’s part of it, too. You could throw Clay Mathews onto your list too, imo. It seemed like he was ruled out with some fairly trivial injuries at times. He’s missed some time with LA this season too.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure that the practice/training schedule has something to do with it. However, let's not forget that our GM shed some of the perpetually injured players such as Matthews and Perry, as well as letting guys like Jake Ryan and Mike Daniels go. Their replacements have been healthy. There are still some more of the perpetually injured on the roster, such as Bulaga and King.

JK64

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The greatest ability is availability. It feels like a different mindset going on over there. I would like to think it's the coaching staff.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The greatest ability is availability. It feels like a different mindset going on over there. I would like to think it's the coaching staff.
Let's hope it lasts one more. Our RBs are crucial.

Members online

Latest posts